Sick (literally) of DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noddle is free, but seems to be the slowest out of all the agencies to update.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Had a quick look at Noddle and no big surprises.

My CCJ is there but as I said due to "expire" in a few months.

Also a debt that will hit 6 years after default date in a few weeks.

Apart from that no sign of a few so called debts that are being chased. Does this mean they are SB'ed or maybe not noted on Noddle?

Actually that's not strictly true. I noted a debt on there that I do not recognise at all! And it has an account start date that is impossible as I wasn't even in the country at that time and hadn't been for quite a few months - almost a year in fact.

Any ideas? Should I ignore it? Wait for them to write again and then send off a prove it letter?

Ill send off for my statutory report tomorrow to the other 2 CRA's.

Theyre probably not noted on noddle. Check Experian and equifax and ask them for the £2 statutory report.

As for the debt you say you have no knowledge of, call the CRA and tell them. They will place a note on the file and contact the company who put the default on there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE :

so I got a report from Equifax.

Pretty much the same as Noddle.

Couple of things due to expire shortly as above.

Plus the missing stuff, assumed SB'ed?

I also saw the same unknown account as above.

I contacted Equifax regarding the unknown account.

Got a reply today saying that the DCA want me to phone them to discuss the matter.

Fat chance!!!

Just waiting for the report from Experian.

So what does everyone think?

Chances are good that stuff not on the reports so far IS SB'ed?

As for the unknown account, they want me to call them.

I know you guys always say NEVER do that.

So what now?

Appreciate the help!

Never discuss any thing with a DCA by phone!!

As to SB yes not on CRAs good indication to SB

but if any payments have been made at any time

restarts the clock so you need to know the date of

the last payment.

Write to the Compliance manager of the DCA concerned.

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to the debt for £xxxx which you allege is owed by me, please

take note I do not acknowledge any debt to xxxx or any company you

claim to represent.

I have no knowledge of any such debt and cannot therefore enter

into any conversation or correspondence regarding the allged debt.

All contact if any is relevant must be made in writting, proof of posting

is not accepted as proof of delivery.

Recorded delivery and wait to see what occurs.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Tell Experian you are going to take THEM to court for defamation for allowing a debt to be shown on your files which is NOT yours unless they remove it pronto. Tell them THEY are responsible for their records, not the DCA.

Experian are now selling housing data to the financial world so they have their fingers firmly in data collection and selling, surely a conflict of interests?

Has anyone thought about doing a class action against Experian et al for wrecking employment and other prospects by holding data which is not fit nor relevant for the purpose it was designed for?

Any such action would be difficult as the CRAs handle data fed to

them it is not data they can research to verify it.

The ''creditors'' supply data on the term that it is accurate, up to date

and justified.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

It is passing the buck, what I am really on about is Experian making up 'data sets' and selling them - this should not be allowed in any way, shape or form, and WE should have the ultimate control on OUR data.

I fully believe that Experian et al have fuelled the economic decline of this country and fuelled the economic immigration that we are experiencing as people are now subject to credit checks for any kind of employment.

I fully believe that Experian et al have fuelled the economic decline of this country and fuelled the economic immigration that we are experiencing as people are now subject to credit checks for any kind of employment.

Eh?

Sequenci, you would not understand, not having experienced the frustration I have had over credit checks via job agencies for jobs which do not involve me having any kind of access to company money, nor even trying to get a decent flat without paying for this unlicensed, unregulated group of organisations which seem intent on ruling the world.

Think about it, if somebody in the UK is being bypassed for a job PURELY on a poor credit rating then who exactly is filling the vacancy?

Can you find me anywhere where it says this is legal or fair?

OK what would you like to do about this, challenge the DCA or Cabot financial?

Ok. Sounds good. Should I write to them? And what letter should I send? The one you previously mentioned in this thread? Or should I wait for them to write to me again, and then reply? Sorry for all the questions! And thanks for you patient help.

Ok. Sounds good. Should I write to them? And what letter should I send? The one you previously mentioned in this thread? Or should I wait for them to write to me again, and then reply? Sorry for all the questions! And thanks for you patient help.

Let me re-read the whole thread, then I'll draft a letter for you.

OK?

You're a gentleman and a scholar. Not to mention a true legend. Thanks Brigadier!

Will be done pm (late) tomorrow!

Sorry will do asap, had large numbers of family arrive

to see the lady Brig prior to here birthday.