Credit Resolution Services.

djcuts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope someone can offer me some advice on my predicament.

I have read a lot about CRS and I found these forums and thought my best chance of finding out the best next move I should make would be to post here :-)

I am being bothered by CRS for membership to a privately run Gym, who dealt with memberships through Harlands.

Basically I moved Jobs and was informed by someone there to just cancel the direct debit, it would be fine.

Around the same time I moved out of my house, rented it out and moved in with my fiancée.

I forgot about completely until I got a letter from CRS.

Obviously Harlands had been chasing me with letters to my old address, then sold the debt on to CRS who somehow got hold of my new address.

The first letter is attached as CRS1.jpeg

After consulting Google I found a few people with similar issues and I compiled a letter and sent Recorded delivery which is attached as djc1.docx.

I didn’t hear anything for about a month so I thought (and hoped) they had given up haranguing me.

But then I got a letter back from them. The contents of the letter are attached (in the next post as can only do 5 max per post) as CRS2.1.jpg (The letter), CRS2.2.jpg (agreement?), CRS2.3.jpg (payment history) and CRS2.4.jpg and CRS2.4.jpg (DD email).

So my question is, what should I do next?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Daren

DJC1.doc

CRS1.jpg

Edited by djcuts
Attachments too small

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

or

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hello .....

can you please follow the guide i posted above

thanks

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have converted your files to pdf as the instructions requested

as your complete details show through word properties

dx

and they

i suggest you read a few of the threads in this forum

no dca has any legal powers to do anything to you.

ignore

they are not baiilfs and never will be

dx

and they

they are also offering discount

begging letter

dx

and they

Hi DJCuts and welcome to CAG

Thanks to DX for help in posting up your doc'ts.

More info needed please :-

1. You say, "Basically I moved Jobs and was informed by someone there to just cancel the direct debit, it would be fine." Who said "Cancel the DD, it would be fine." Someone at the gym, your new workplace or where.

2. Did you relocate when you moved jobs. If so, how much further away from the gym were you living, compared to your old address.

3. When did you move.

4. When did you cancel the DD mandate.

The debt hasn't been sold or assigned - Harlands deal with the administration of gym memberships and CRS are part of Harlands although they pretend to be a separate DCA.

Ignore CRS just now.

Write to Harlands saying you consider this matter to be in dispute and will write to them further shortly. Confirm that you dispute the amounts they are claiming and they should instruct CRS to stop making demands until the matter is resolved.

Send the letter to Harlands by Recorded Delivery.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick.

Thanks for the reply, and thank you DX for sorting my attachments.

1 - It was a guy at the gym who said it, though whether he is still there, remembers or even would admit to it now is anyone's guess.

2 - I didn't relocate, I just moved back in with the missus after a separation, for the Job I moved from Birmingham city centre to Solihull, not a million miles away, but much to far away to stay on as a member as I go to the gym at lunchtimes

3 - I moved house end of October 2011, moved Job in November 2011

4 - I cancelled my DD in November I think, or December.

Do you know who or what department at Harlands I should write to? Also is there anything else I need to put in the letter or just those few lines along with the references etc? Should I send them copies of the CRS letter?

Many thanks again for your help :razz:

Hi DJ,

Write to Harlands on the following lines :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to letters from CRS demanding payments in respect of my membership at Arch 20 Gym in Birmingham, which started in March 2011.

In November 2011, I told a staff member at the gym that I'd be relocating and unable to continue to use the gym. I was told by him to cancel the Direct Debit mandate and that I need do nothing more.

It was therefore a shock to have demands for £212.50 and a later one, reduced to £162.50. As these demands include unlawful penalty fees, I will not be paying them.

I now feel that it may have been reasonable for me to give one month's notice and pay a fee of £20 for the notice period, as suggested by Mr Justice Kitchin in his High Court ruling against Ashbourne Management Services.

Accordingly and Without Prejudice, I now offer you £20 being one membership month's fee in full and final settlement of all amounts owed to the gym. If you accept my offer within 14 days, I will pay you and bring an end to this matter.

If you fail to respond within 14 days or insist that I pay any more, my offer will be withdrawn and I will not communicate with you further.

You can, of course, take court action against me if you wish but it will be vigorously defended. The membership agreement will form a poor basis for any court case and, following the High Court ruling against Ashbourne Management Services concerning cancellation, my chances of successfully defending are excellent.

Please ensure that no further demands are issued by you as Harlands or as CRS while the matter is in dispute. Any demands received by me will be referred to the OFT.

I await your response.

Yours faithfully,

Send this to Harlands Services Ltd at the Haywards Heath address.

Ignore CRS (who are Harlands anyway) and let us what you receive in response.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi

I have attached a copy of the letter I am going to send this evening recorded delivery. I am also going to send a copy to myself recorded delivery as well, as I did the first letter I sent to CRS.

I will have these in the post this afternoon, so if you spot anything I should remove, or should include, please let me know

Again, thanks for your help. :razz:

CRS2.1.pdf

Edited by djcuts

Hi DJ,

Great letter!! :wink: but you've left your name showing at the bottom. Remove it from the attachment so you remain anonymous on CAG

Why will you send yourself a copy by Rec'd Delivery.

I only do that at Christmas so I get at least one card, but I never send it RD !!

Edited by slick132

Hi Slick.

Thanks for that, it is only great because you pretty much wrote it for me :razz:

I have removed my name from the attachment, thanks for spotting that.

I am sending a copy to myself in case I ever did end up at court I had something to prove that is the letter I sent at that time. You obviously don't think it is needed, so I won't send myself a copy. Thanks for saving me a couple of quid there :-D

I think you may have just about made my Christmas card list :-)

Thanks again

DJC

You're V welcome and, if you're gonna send me a Xmas card this year, I won't have to send myself one !!

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Just had a final demand from CRS. I was wondering if you could advise on the next steps I should take, and also advise if anything they publish in this letter could actually come to pass (especially the CCJ and the home visit threats)?

Many thanks in advance :-(

DJC

CRS_Final_Demand.pdf

Well still a lot mays and mights, the threat of ''home visits'' after

the threat of court show imo that they have a weak case.

They could do any of this but , I doubt they would.

I would reply with this.

Exremely Important Final Response

Ref:xxxxxxx

I refer to your exteremy UNimportant Final Demand.

I have oreviously informed you and the Gym that this ridiculous

contracrt was properly cancelled by me, and having given appropriate

notice of canceelation I now condsider the matter closed and I

do not acknowledge any debt to you or the company you claim

ro represent.

Should you wish to take the matter further regarding this obviouly

unfair contract any action will bbe rigourously defended.

Ssend RD to Their Compliance Manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'd wait until the 14 day deadline that you gave them in your earlier is up.

Then write saying,

As you have chosen to ignore my letter of xxx June, the offer made therein is now withdrawn and I will not communicate with you further.

Any further demands will be referred to the OFT without further warning.

Hi Slick.

Could you please check the attached letter and let me know what you think? I am hoping to send this off RD tomorrow.

Also do you know of any cases where CRS have taken people to court and / or "sent someone round"?

I would be interested to know if what I am doing here is likely to end up in any further action? Also would you have any idea how much further this will go? How long will they keep writing to me?

Also is there anything here that could affect my credit rating?

Many thanks

DJ

DJC-CRS_final_response.pdf

Edited by djcuts

That's OK, send it RD to their Compliance Manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi DJ,

In my opinion, your letter is too long and I would simply say what I put in post #19.

Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking that you've taken any threats from them seriously.

I can't recall a single case that CRS have taken to court and they don't send doorstep callers either, in my experience.

Whoops, sorry Brig !

I hadn't seen your response when I replied on the last page. :roll:

Oh...

this company is not giving up .

.. 2 years now I still getting the treats from them with total ignorance in previous discussions I had with them..

. I can only say stay strong and don't give up !

and of course thanks to the guys giving us a helping hand;)