Credit Resolution Services.

djcuts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh, one other thing. In one of the letters I sent to them that you helped me with Slick, I said that any further letters will be forwarded to the OFT.

Is there a way of doing this? The website just says that it doesn't deal with individual cases and just contact the CAB.

Regards

DJ

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the demands continue after they failed to address your letters properly, write to the OFT saying:-

I know you won't deal with my complaint of an individual level but I want to make you aware of the harassment that I am getting from Credit Resolution Services in respect of a gym membership that was administered by Harlands.

I enclose copies of my letters and of CRS's letters/demands which I find threatening and I am not happy that CRS continue with their demands when I have written to them explaining why I believe I do not owe what they say.

They have ignored my letters and just continue to harass me despite the information I have supplied to them.

I hope this will help with any investigations that you make into the activies of gyms and their admin and collection companies.

I will send you contact details, by PM, for an individual in the OFT that you can write to.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick.

Many thanks for help so far and the details for the OFT. I have not yet contacted them but will do so.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/editor/20px-Map_icon.gif

I have had an email from CRS now.:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Re: CRS Ref No: XXXXXX/ Arch 20 Health and Fitness Ref No: XXXXXX

We thank you for your letter, and note the contents therein.

We have certainly not ignored your letter, and are currently awaiting the Gyms further instructions.

We will write to you, as soon as we have the clubs response to your letter received on 18 June 2012

Yours sincerely,

Lynn Thyer

Legal Department

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any further advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

DJ

That's interesting..............

Yours sincerely,

Lynn Thyer

Legal Department

In his High Court ruling against AMSL last year, Mr Justice Kitchin said an admin company should NOT misrepresent themselves. Unless CRS do, in fact, have a separate Legal Dep't, they could get in trouble. Para 25 of the Penal Order refers - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consumer-enforcement/ams/order.pdf

In the meantime, wait for CRS's full response.

Also, you should complain to the OFT. If you don't, CRS and others will be encouraged to continue their shady practices, safe in the knowledge that folks threaten actions, but fail to follow through.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

Hi

The saga continues. I have just had the latest letter from CRS, which I have attached.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to what I should do with regards to this?

Should I send a reply, or stick to my last statement that I would not communicate with them further and just ignore all future correspondence?

Many thanks in advance.

DJC

CRS-17-08-12.pdf

Hi DJ,

I'm torn between ignoring them and sending the following response :-

Dear Ms Thyer,

My letter of 14th June gave you 14 days to accept my offer to pay a final amount to settle this matter, after which my offer was withdrawn.

You failed to respond and the offer was withdrawn as confirmed in my letter of 4th July.

I acted in good faith on the advice given to me by a staff member when I discussed cancelling my membership due to relocation.

I will not pay you anything further and reserve my right to ignore further communications from CRS and/or Harlands.

Yours sincerely,

:wink:

Thanks slick. I think I will send them the letter. I also heard back from the OFT who have been very keen to have all ofof the info which I have compiled into a report which I have now forwarded to them.

I would like to add to the end of what you have suggested:

I have filed a complaint with the OFT who have requested and now have a full report of the whole matter. All further correspondence from Harlands/CRS will be forwarded on to the OFT.

What do you think?

Djc

Yes, that's a good idea.

Lol !

That would mostly depend on which of her hats she is wearing and what desk she is sitting at.

In any event, it all happens in the same office where Harlands and CRS are based.

As I said in post #29 above, misrepresenting themselves as having a legal dep't was specifically referred to and criticised by Mr Justice Kitchin in his ruling on the AMSL High Court case last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Slick.

I have had another final demand off CRS, I still haven't got round to sending the letter discussed above, which i am hoping to get done and sent this week.

I will scan and post when i get home, but basically it is the same as in post #17 of this thread, but also says they will accept a smaller payment for quick resolution.

Should I still send the above letter now I have had this other letter? Should include a query whether Ms Thyer work in the legal department or the collections department and bring their attention to "misrepresenting themselves as having a legal dep't was specifically referred to and criticised by Mr Justice Kitchin in his ruling on the AMSL High Court case last year"??

Many thanks for your continued help and advice :-)

DJC

Hi DJC,

Just send them the letter in post #32 above, exactly as I drafted it.

You need saying nothing more, or less.

Hi Slick.

Thanks for the reply, I will send them the letter plus what I added in post #33

I am tempted to add, but I won't:

"please get it into your thick skulls that no matter how many letters and / or threats you send me I will NOT be paying you ANY money"

DJC

Hi Slick.

I have still not got round to sending the letter to them yet, and today I have received a new threat from them.

I have attached a PDF with the last letter I mentioned above in post #37 and the new letter.

The new letter is basically saying that a collector from equidebt will be instructed to arrange payment with you. :mad2:

Any advice on this? I have forwarded this correspondence onto the OFT as well.

Many thanks

DJC

Hi DJC,

Just send CRS the letter from post #32.

Hi DJC,

Experience suggests that CRS will lose interest when they realise you won't be badgered into paying.

We'll have to wait and see if Equidebt try to contact you, and in what manner.

My advice for now is to send CRS the letter which tells them clearly that you dispute the alleged debt and you will not pay them, nor will you communicate further with them.

There's also a case to be argued that CRS should NOT be passing this on to Equidebt when the alleged debt is clearly in dispute. However, this would have been easier to argue if you'd sent CRS the letter last month when I suggested it.

Let us know what happens please.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slick.

I have had the latest correspondence from CRS which is attached. I have already forwarded this to the OFT. Let me know what you think and best course of action is :-)

Many thanks and kind regards

DJC

Dear Ms Thyer,

I refer to your letter of 19th September.

Your goodwill gesture, to accept £106.25, is not acceptable and this will not be paid.

I made you an offer to pay one month's fee as reasonable compensation for the cancellation. You failed to accept this within the time specified and my offer was withdrawn.

Regarding your comments about the OFT, they have asked for, and I have supplied, copies of the communications between us. You are surely aware that they do not involve themselves in individual cases as that is not their remit. However, they are gathering evidence of complaints against gym admin companies to see if they need to take action, as they did with Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd. No doubt, they will contact you if or when they deem it necessary.

I have no need to supply you with any OFT case reference number and it is my prerogative not to do this.

Yours sincerely,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slick

I have received another letter from CRS which I have attached.

Please let me know what you think. They do not give up easily........ :-x

All feedback gratefully received as always :-)

Regards

DJC

Hi DJC,

Please hold fire on this for now.

I'll send you a PM in a mo.