Anytime Fitness (of course)

MUFC64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just want to check I’m doing the right thing.

Signed up to Anytime Fitness last April. Knew I didn’t intend to continue. Emailed them on 02/01/2023 asking for confirmation of my last payment date as I intended to discontinue my membership, nothing heard.

Did some calculations and emailed them again on February 1st giving them my one month’s notice and that March 1st would be my final payment. That also equalled my 12th payment since joining. In this second email I said that if I didn’t hear back within a reasonable time then I would cancel my direct debit, of course…nothing heard.

Today, I have had an email (coincidentally from the same address that I was emailing so I don’t think they can say they didn’t receive them) and text message informing me that I am in arrears. I responded to the email, referring them to the two emails I had previously sent and that I considered the matter closed. I now intend to ignore all future correspondence from them. 

Is there anything else that I need to do or am I good from here? I have obviously expect quite a few more threatening messages from them.

:cheer2:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi MU and welcome to CAG

You've done it all correctly and are right to ignore their demands, etc.

Continue to ignore but keep us posted about anything you're not sure about.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 months later...

I have today had further correspondence with Anytime Fitness threatening me with an independent credit control agency, possible legal action and a possible impact on my personal credit score. This is in addition to numerous texts/emails since this all began. 

I believe, from previous posts, this is all empty threats but it doesn't stop it being worrying. I've again emailed them and told them stop or I will report them to Citizen's Advice. Is there anything else that can be done? I'm hesitant to call them, they're clearly snaky and any correspondence I would prefer to be in writing.

Anytime 7 day DCA notice.pdf

they mean a powerless DCA whom are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type.

you ignore

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi MU,

Don't email them any more, ignore their empty threats.

You encourage them every time you respond to them so don't !!

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

On 10/06/2023 at 12:12, MUFC64 said:

told them stop or I will report them to Citizen's Advice

erm...where did you get that idea from?..useless and totally powerless just like the DCA.

dx

and they