tax rebate and security checks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

im looking for a bit of advice. My partner is self employed (as of 2011) and this was the first year he had to do his tax etc. He hired a accountent and he done all the work. It got worked out that he was owed just over £1000. His accountent sent it all of just after april 6th, he told my other half it would take about 2 weeks.

2 weeks went past and we heard nothing. i had been reading that HMRC are kind of slow so got my other half to call them up. They said it would be a week or so.

At the beginning of may my other half called back his accountent and the accountent called HMRC they said it would be ANOTHER 2 weeks and it would be posted to him and then the accountent would transfer the money to my other half.

So this all started in the new tax year this April and we are now at the end of May and still NOTHING. i got my other half to call HMRC today and they have said that his claim has been seletced at random to go through security checks.

My question is how long is this going to take? They have told us it will be with my OH no later than 15th june...but after everything that has happened and being pushed from pilla to post im not sure if i believe them.

We have our third baby due in 4 days so we quite badly need this money so my OH can take some time off work to spend with us.

Any help would be very much welcomed!

Many thanks

Alessia

p.s i hope this makes sense!!

My wife had exactly the same with her self assessment. Did the return online and submitted it and she was due a refund of around £1500. It took a couple of weeks for the return to be verified and the security check took another ten days or so. HMRC explained to us that the security check is on them, to make sure that the person processing it isn't doing a favour for a friend rather than there being anything suspect about the claim on your part.

This all sounds in order and you may well find that you have the money released a few days before 15th, but as with everything tax related there is no hurrying them up!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Ah thank u...i feel a little more reasurred now lol. I have heard the same as well that its more on them, and nothing he has done. Its no issue with them doing it and i understand they have to do these things...just very fustrating as we need the money and this is holding it back!

I hope that it is a little before the 15th it would be amazing as could really use it before baby comes :)

thanks for ur reply and help :)

Hi

It's all down to the repayment security officer (RSO) as Sidewinder says, the repayment goes through a series of checks to make sure that there is no internal fraud.

It can take upwards if 10 days for all this to happen before the payable order is sent out by second class post!

There's no reason why you can't ring and progress check though!

Gbarbm