Vodaphone contract also high bills not a happy customer!!! **awaiting op update **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not happy with vodaphone at all

bill to high

always go over my Internet allowance

even up graded that don't help. Bills

£120 a month when I joined

now I have better control but still had to pay £5 a month more to get only 300mins.

But what about my Internet I need more.

What shall I do?

Any ideas please???

That's £1,500 per year!! Vodaphone shouldn't want to lose you!

Is there any other way that you can get some or all of your internet, eg wifi that might be cheaper?

Do any other suppliers have a package that would be cheaper?

I have a contract with T-mobile that's £30 a month with Lumia phone. I get 600 minutes and 600 texts, but the blessing fir me is the unlimited internet for the month. You do get a fair use policy, which when you have gone over this, it will only let you watch videos for a certain number of hours a day, but you can browse internet as much as you like, no extra charge. I use the internet constantly, and have found the T-mobile service a god send for that. Others only offer a very limited amount and then charge more.

If you want to move networks it might be worth seeing if you can downgrade to the minimum package and then negotiate a payment to leave ... or ring up and tell them what your spend is and what you are considering and see what they are prepared to offer

Hi I took a Vodaphone contract out from Car phone warehouse in June 2011 it’s a 24month contract.

I got with it for free an iPhone 4 and I had insurance for the first 30day for free with carphone warehouse.

I cancelled that insurance and join vodaphone insurance, that way my bill come out in one go.

I did lose my phone twice but they got replaced for £25 access charge.

The second time I lost my phone I got a I phone 4s because the I phone 4 was out of stock lol.....

I have a 24month contract which ends on 18th April 2013.

I get for £40 +vat line rental

900 minutes,

Unlimited texts,

750MB mobile internet,

Vodafone Data Traveller and 1GB BT Openzone Wi-Fi (Y3 24IP 900MUTX 750MB WF E)

+ Vodafone Insurance = £52.00

This is without added extra charges (gone over internet allowance or calls)

This amountwas never enough as I kept getting massive bills and simple can’t afford it.

So they suggested upgrade so I did.

now my line rentalis £46 + vat

1200 minutes,

Unlimited texts,

750MB mobile internet,

Vodafone Data Traveler and 2GBBT Openzone Wi-Fi.

+ Vodafone Insurance =£58.00 excluding extra charging.

I’ve had toupgrade because the minutes was not enough and I now have 1200mins anytime any network.

But I need more internet allowance as I’m always on the move and need connection.

I’m notsatisfied with this contract, what I would like is.....

Unlimited internet

Unlimited texts

And 1200mins

How to resolve this issue without having to leave Vodaphone???

I have 12 month left in to this contract to buy out would cost me £470.

That's £1,500 per year!! Vodaphone shouldn't want to lose you!

Is there any other way that you can get some or all of your internet, eg wifi that might be cheaper?

Do any other suppliers have a package that would be cheaper?

Not always at the beginning of my contract till I learned to use it properly. I wrote another post below which explained In much more detail what I'm on about lol

What phone/tariff do you have that requires you to pay £125 for only 300 mins. I get twice that with an iPhone 4 for only £36 a month. Like grumpy says, the only way to still get internet free is wifi, stick to wifi. It's faster and cheaper (unless your in a hotel that charges for it!)

No my bill comes to £125 when I 1st took the contract first. But I learnt to use it properly now lol.

I wrote a detailed expiation below of what's going on.

might be worth doing, if you are spending that much a month. it's only 4 months usage for you. btw, there is no such thing as unlimited internet, all providers will have fair usage on them if you are talking amounts that it seems you use.

I now T mobile and 3G have unlimited access to surf the net because I now two people with that but only because they now insiders lol.

Also PAYG customers on GiffGaff get unlimited access to Internet.

It's to much money ad truey I can't afford it as I'm now on JSA after 10 years in work.

I've upgraded allready but need more Internet.

If there is a Vodaphone rep please get in touch to help me resolve this issue I have.

Surely you dont want to lose a customer on a high rate

£46 line rental, with insurance £58 just because you could not give me more Internet allowance.

might be worth doing, if you are spending that much a month. it's only 4 months usage for you. btw, there is no such thing as unlimited internet, all providers will have fair usage on them if you are talking amounts that it seems you use.

You are wrong! Three have the "One Plan" truly all you can eat data including tethering

You are wrong! Three have the "One Plan" truly all you can eat data including tethering

Yes your right but i also have heared Three have very bad signal problems to well said CCMRob12.....

Ok back to my point whats can i do and where ar the Vodaphone reps that are meant to pick up on commplaints???

Hi geeza2012,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

In order for me to be able to take a closer look at this could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi geeza2012,

In order for me to be able to take a closer look at this could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee this is my confirmation code hope to speak and resolve this matter soon.

Re: WRT135-CAG [#9082164]

Many thank

Follow the instructions on this page mate and he should come. He's helped me before and will be able to advise.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-jANUARY-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

Thank you for your advice Lee managed to get in touch with me but I appreciate your help thank you.

That is a Sim only option. For a customer taking out a contract with a phone included, there are no unlimited internet options. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Having said that, £25 a month for unlimited mobile broadband isn't a bad price. If you are out and about a lot with no access to free WIFI, then it's good. But having been a three customer in the past with the worst reception I have ever exerpienced, I wouldn't put much weight behind it being very worthwhile.

Nope, not for a sim only option. Have a wee lookie here:- http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/ql_catalog/threecatdevice/2327?priceplan=PAY_MONTHLY.

I am a Three customer and I travel quite a bit and cannot fault Three`s reception but of course it depends where you are, as it does with all providers

Thats what you call a deal wish i did know about this lol.

Check it......

All-you-can-eat data

2,000 minutes

5,000 Three-to-Three minutes.

5,000 texts

24 months

£34

a month.

£49 upfront cost

Hi geeza2012,

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks Leefor you call today, I now your hands are tied so there is not much that couldbe done really.

Stillhave not made my mind up but if I do I will let you now.

I haveread a lot of bad stories about Vodaphone, buy hay at lest they got this partright.

ImpressedLee at the speedy reply.

Good workmatey...

KindRegards

Maz

Hi Maz,

Thanks for your time on the phone on Friday.

I understand that you've got a lot to consider.

As discussed, once you've decided how you'd like to proceed you know where I am.

Best wishes,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Hi Lee,

Vodafone UK

No i have not made a dissision as of yet but am keeping my options open.

might need to lower my tarric but thats not going to help.

Other option to pay my contract right out.

How much data do you use?

GiffGaff's unlimited data seems to have many people being barred for overuse - yet they are declining to state where the limit on "unlimited" falls.

Can you not drop your usage by using wi-fi more often?

Join FON if you can, and it will offer far more access points to you.

http://corp.fon.com/en/

Also - if you can be bothered sim swapping in your phone, then Talk Mobile is an MVNO on the Vodafone network and you would not need your phone unlocked.

You can get a rolling months unlimited data for £12 but I think there's £18 quidco - so £3 per month for two months to try it.

http://www.talkmobile.co.uk/paymonthlydeal6.html?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=home-middle-right&utm_campaign=SIM-only-12

No i have not made a dissision as of yet but am keeping my options open.

might need to lower my tarric but thats not going to help.

Other option to pay my contract right out.

No worries Maz.

Once you have just give me a shout.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

No I cannot be sure that the speed is not restricted but the thread is about the amount of data required not the speed

There is a price change from 1st july, and it affects data. Read here: www.vodafone.co.uk/mybill

Now if this puts your bill up, I'm sure they cannot hold you to a minimum term. If it lowers your bill, happy days :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar