• Tweets

• Am in the middle of selling my house but it's been held up as still showing a change on the property from welcome finance, have not had any contact from them for years or prime credit and need this sorting asap
    • Evening all looking for bit of advice again , currently doing my own debt management , but think may have burgered up on 1 of the creditors (creation loan) had got sold to Intrum around nov 23 and havent paid anything to it since then , it never went to default ( I thought it did  , now checking credit file , intrum is there and says 1 missed payment and doesnt say account defaulted can i let that go and intrum will default it? hope that makes sense what i have said
    • Hi. You've left the PCN number on the 22nd March letter and your name on the one below that. It's best to cover those up please. HB
    • 1 Date of the infringement 14/02/24   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 21/02/24   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received 23/02/24   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A   7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car Parks   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] St Nicholas Street, Weymouth   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA / BPA   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here -Final Notification Letter from Euro Car Parks -Warning Of Legal Proceedings Letter from Debt Recovery Plus   Please can anyone advise on how to proceed from this point? I've read a number of threads about snotty letters etc but with the fact it's gone straight to a debt recovery company i doubt a snotty letter will get me anywhere. Is it just a case of waiting for a potential claim to come through or is there something i can be researching / doing in the iterim from this point forward? Many thanks, MDG convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2024-05-02_17-59-16.pdf
    • wont remove the rest k , it was a joint vol charge. both your names are on the charge too.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Esa / jsa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is still to early to know the outcome.

I may very well get the job, but then I also will need to find a flat to rent.

Most flats now go through agencies, so I will face a credit check. Due to my being on benefit for quite a while, and not having credit cards or loans for over 25 years, I may fail a credit check. It would be too far to commute, so that would stop me taking the employment.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope things work out for you.

As an aside here, does anyone know If say you failed an ATOS medical, and went onto the appeal rate, that at any time whilst waiting you could change your mind close your claim and apply for return to work credit? My instinct says no, but I'm not sure.

It is still to early to know the outcome.

I may very well get the job, but then I also will need to find a flat to rent.

Most flats now go through agencies, so I will face a credit check. Due to my being on benefit for quite a while, and not having credit cards or loans for over 25 years, I may fail a credit check. It would be too far to commute, so that would stop me taking the employment.

A current account is meant to be a good source for credit rating. I've never had a loan or credit card and have been told that my credit rating is good.

I would not ask/expect that from anyone.

I understand your reticence but you are not plannig to default on rent what is the problem? If that is the only way you can get rental property and the job?

Well I hope things work out for you.

As an aside here, does anyone know If say you failed an ATOS medical, and went onto the appeal rate, that at any time whilst waiting you could change your mind close your claim and apply for return to work credit? My instinct says no, but I'm not sure.

I think he may be able to do so, on IB if he failed and went on I.S and appealed, he would have been entitled to the IOW credits, if he then WON his appeal and finished work he would have been able to go back onto IB.

He has the above protected rights, so I am thinking if he did go over to ESA, failed medical, appealed, started work, won appeal then he could go back on.

I say this because he has TP, but of course this would have to be confirmed......

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

I understand your reticence but you are not plannig to default on rent what is the problem? If that is the only way you can get rental property and the job?

Question then for anyone in the know am interested,

How do people with a bad credit rating manage to get housing then, if they are entitled to HB does this overide it.

seems a bit unfair..

I think he may be able to do so, on IB if he failed and went on I.S and appealed, he would have been entitled to the IOW credits, if he then WON his appeal and finished work he would have been able to go back onto IB.

He has the above protected rights, so I am thinking if he did go over to ESA, failed medical, appealed, started work, won appeal then he could go back on.

I say thi because he has TP, but of course this would have to be confirmed......

No I think you're misunderstanding me. :)

I'm not asking about his case specifically but for those who are already on ESA and who are thinking about trying out some limited work but before they manage to sign off have a medical and fail it. I imagine they can't go onto return to work credits If they don't manage to sign off voluntarily first but get forced off so to speak.

I tried asking a friend who works for a local CAB about all this and she said the rules for RTW credits were always changing and they had no idea where folks stood with it all right about now and that you could only get further advice from your local job centre.

No I think you're misunderstanding me. :)

I'm not asking about his case specifically but for those who are already on ESA and who are thinking about trying out some limited work but before they manage to sign off have a medical and fail it. I imagine they can't go onto return to work credits If they don't manage to sign off voluntarily first but get forced off so to speak..[/quote

I see your point, under the old rules they could but on ESA I dont know.

If they fail their medical then in Effect their entitlement to benefit ceases, so if they failed their medical today, started ftw today applied for IOW credits today, NO they wouldnt get it.

But if they appealed and it got accepted, then started FTW and appealed then I dont know,

but if there was no gap in entitlement eg failed and straight onto appeal, then Sadone, maybe because they would have been iro of benefits for over 26 weeks continuous

and they could have claimed JSA instead of appealing,

so maybe I think.

What do you think :)

I have no idea I'm afraid. I'm due for a medical in a few weeks and I'm wondering If to jump ship before I'm pushed. I'm not ready for work, but have been given an offer of doing limited freelance work at home, so I'm wondering If to just go for it after hearing of all the horror stories of people being thrown off ESA even though they're ill.

I was planning on claiming wtc, but all the stories of massive attacks on the low earning self employed has scared me off trying that too, even though reading through the rules I'm exactly the kind of person is was originally set up to help.

This bloody government is making it so hard for anyone to scrap a living, let alone the ill and disabled.

I have no idea I'm afraid. I'm due for a medical in a few weeks and I'm wondering If to jump ship before I'm pushed. I'm not ready for work, but have been given an offer of doing limited freelance work at home, so I'm wondering If to just go for it after hearing of all the horror stories of people being thrown off ESA even though they're ill.

I was planning on claiming wtc, but all the stories of massive attacks on the low earning self employed has scared me off trying that too, even though reading through the rules I'm exactly the kind of person is was originally set up to help.

This bloody government is making it so hard for anyone to scrap a living, let alone the ill and disabled.

would you class your self as self employed

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/plp-form-20.pdf

Well I used to be before I got ill. I still have an account open although my accountant told The tax office years back I had ceased trading, but I've still been putting my returns in as over the past few years I've been selling off my old business assets etc.

I didn't employ anyone as I was a freelance artist/worker in the film industry.

I think you would be able to get the run ons on appeal, if they accpeted your self employment then you would get the IOWs credits.

You will get the JOB grant and HBROs by just phoning up and stating you are going S/E the IOW credits your S/E has to be approved.

Can you make an appointment with an advisor to have a chat to confimr this, or CAB etc

,or have you thought about permitted work?

Now call me thick but was does IOW and HBRO stand for?

I'm thinking of making an appt with a DWP adviser in the next couple of weeks. I have a couple more before my ESA form goes in, and then they'll be a week or so before the medical and then the decision.

Oh I just thought It was called 'Return to Work credit'. :)

I was due for a work program appt by now, in fact It's well late. I still have the advisor's number noted down somewhere and so I shall try digging that out and giving her a call.

I do hope they'll know the true picture and not just spin me any old lie to get me off benefits. If I could see a CAB officer in time I'd do that, but the clocks ticking now and appt's to see them takes flaming weeks.

I understand your reticence but you are not plannig to default on rent what is the problem?

Of course I am not planning on defaulting on rent, but I never planned on becoming ill, or planned on losing my last employment(s), but it happened due to health problems. Why do you think I have been asking about reclaiming if I have problems? It is not because I am planning to reclaim! But it may happen.

I will not ask someone to be a guarantor, not when I cannot be sure if I can guarantee my ability to work for that period of time.

I had started to get quite negative about this probable employment. So have decided to be very positive instead.

If job offer made, I will accept, and commute for (at least) the first month to make sure I have no problems. It will be a bit of a pain, with having to commute 2 hours each way, but at least if things go wrong, I will still have a roof over my head.

Oh I just thought It was called 'Return to Work credit'. :)

I was due for a work program appt by now, in fact It's well late. I still have the advisor's number noted down somewhere and so I shall try digging that out and giving her a call.

I do hope they'll know the true picture and not just spin me any old lie to get me off benefits. If I could see a CAB officer in time I'd do that, but the clocks ticking now and appt's to see them takes flaming weeks.[/quote

I dont know if these IOW advisors, who administer the back to work credit are on commission to get people back to work lol

but I can tell you this they look after them, if they tell the customer they are due it then they are,

I have had a few a runs in with them with them being right, when someone our side thought the customer wasnt due it but the advisor knew they were.

And this was rectified so the customer was paid it.

So I know they will not give you wrong advice

I had started to get quite negative about this probable employment. So have decided to be very positive instead.

If job offer made, I will accept, and commute for (at least) the first month to make sure I have no problems. It will be a bit of a pain, with having to commute 2 hours each way, but at least if things go wrong, I will still have a roof over my head.

Down its your decison, nobody has the right to interfere or comment on the outcome of you decision

Whatever you decide in the end should suit you... it nobody else's buisness :)

Down its your decison, nobody has the right to interfere or comment on the outcome of you decision

I am posting to an open forum, so others are more than welcome to comment. I can ignore them if I want to :-)

More than anything, I just want to escape the benefit system. There is now so much problems with getting ESA, what happens while on ESA wrag, benefits being cut and cut again etc. The system (IMHO) is far too corrupt now to actually help most that actually need the help. Sorry, bit of a rant :lol:

Edited by down'n'out

I can help you with this, at the moment my journey to work takes me about ninety minutes, two buses, car off the road to dear to fix, its hard

I can tell you and am trying to get a swap,

and at the end of the week am not much better of but am slowly getting my confidants back and feel better for working