equita baliffs nightmare please help....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Im new to this site so please bear with me :)........

Ok i first received a letter off Equita back in November 2011 for unpaid council tax, i rang them and made payment arrangment, they told me i had two seperate accounts and i agreed to pay 20 pounds on each every 30 days, i was few days late with one payment so they cancelled my arrangment and asked me to pay 80 pounds before they would set up another i paid the 80 and they set up, anyway since then i havent paid anything as im currently off work as im pregnant and have SPD. I recieved a letter today saying 'notice of removal' it says the baliff is it the area and shall be calling to sezie goods. I contacted to company straight away and they told me i had to speak to the baliff direct i was put through to him and he demand the full payment of one of the accounts (543 pounds) the other account (704 pounds) he would be willing to set arrangment up. I explained my situation but wasnt at all bothered and said to ring back friday to see what ive come up with!! In the meantime i rang the council and was told they wouldnt take the accounts back i was to keep trying with the baliff, i also rang citizens advice they just said not to let them in etc. In a last attempt to try and resolve the matter i rang the baliff back and said i could only pay 150 pounds by friday and could i pay the rest the following month he said the reminder of the 543 would have to paid in 14days?? The conversation ended by him saying have a look at it and see what else you can do. This is really stressing me out i have two kids already and pregnant with my third, i would appreciate any advice, also im not even 100% sure that is all council tax may be some charges i dont know, would i be able to pay the council direct even though i havent got an arrangment with them. Any help woud be much appericiated:-(

Stay off phone to bailiffs

Any further payments direct to council

Has the bailiffs previously gained peaceful entry have they a levy on anything

Pregnant fall into vulnerable category bailiff action should stop

inform council of your situation and bailiffs

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

hi thanks for replying...... No the baliff hasnt gained peaceful entry and when i rang council they said they hadnt got a levy on anything. I didnt mention i was 5 months pregnant to the council, I did mention to the baliff that i was pregnant but he wasnt bothered, he said he had a liability order and i had to pay the 543 in full. What should i do shall i contact the council again? thanks again

Contact council and tell them about your situation, they have to take debt back as you classed as vulnerable person. DO NOT RING the bailiff. out of interest what council is it? if its revenue is outsourced to Capita you may have trouble (you might not) as Capita own Equita Bailiffs. if you do have problems post back here and we will advise further and the bailiff doesnt have a van round he corner to seize your goods. also did he do a levy on goods if so can you list what goods he listed.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

ahhhh answered my question. before i posted. No longer speak to bailiff and if he comes round dont speak to him just ignore him.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

If you phone council they normally say nothing to do with us now and to contact the bailiffs

You may have to write email council if phone call fails

Pay what you can when you can to council

If the bailiffs are un able to collect the debt they will hand it back to the council given time

If bailiffs re attend do not sigh anything EVER from a bailiff

if you have a car keep it away from property so they not able to levy on it

If need be ignore door they soon go away!!

He does have a liability order but deny him access to property or levy on anything not a lot they can do

Thanks alot for advice, i will definatily not be contacting the baliff again now, i will ring the council and make payment direct to them and tell them of my situation being pregnant, Do i tell them that the baliff action is to stop? Its Bolton council, what do you know about these? hope i don't have trouble!! No levy has been done so no items listed. We have a car but its in my partners name can the baliff do anything as the debts in my name.

They will try to levy on any car just to bump fees up!!

Keep car away for now(if you have finance or hp on it you are safe as long as you can prove it as they not able to levy on it if so)

The council should know about vulnerable category,i bet you have to remind them!

If council refuse to take payment do it on automated service!

No the car is paid for its hard to keep it away but i will try, i read that some baliffs can contact dvla for reg number etc? I will remind the council of the vunerable category and ask to make payment to them, if they refuse i shall use the automated service or pay online, shall i send any letters to equita telling them my intentions?

To claim you are vulnerable you must back up the claim by providing proof. This may be in the form of a letter from your GP - probably chargeable - or from your midwife. The proof must be provided to both Council & Bailiffs - quickest way is to scan and email backed up by a hard copy in the post.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all your help, I shall contact the council again and if need be i shall provide proof of my pregnancy, what action do i take if i get any other letters from equita baliffs?

ignore it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Anfd film him/her from an upstairs window, to record any outrageous threats. they cannot break in bring locksmiths, cart you off to jjail, so if they are spouting tripe like that, the film is evidence for your Formal Complaint,, when they continue harassing a vulnerable person.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you brassnecked I shall keep that in mind if the bailiff does happen to call, he has mostly said threats over the phone saying if i dont pay the full 543 he will come with a van and sezie goods, but there isnt a levy in place??? I will see what the council office says when i ring them later, as i didnt mention it yesterday, i didnt think it would make much difference how wrong am i!! What would the council do if the case is eventually passed back to them? If i keep making automated payments to them will this go in my favour and pervent further action?

if its passed back to council they will probably contact you to get payment, and if you have been paying them regular amounts at regular times it goes well for you with them setting up repayment plan as you can show a record of payments. if bailiff shows up dont hesitate to get on here but just dont talk to them