style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a quick update , went to the courts this mrng ,politely asked to see the fines officer or court manager and was told that they have no fines officer in colchester and nearest one was in southend, and that the court manager was not in,when i asked when he would be in they just said they couldnt say .They then asked what it was about and explained and when they said i needed to phone blah blah i said that i had already done that and was told to phone bailliff direct and i said that i wasnt prepared to do that as i find them very intimidating and he wouldn't listen , a man in a cloak then said if i couldnt pay then it would go back to court and then i could explain the reasons why im struggling to pay , now im happy for that to happen as then i would have a better chance to explain my position , but in the meantime should i cancel the d/d to baillifs and i know they will come banging on my door but i know not to let them in also they have not levied on anything and also i havent sighned anything with the bailliff, also in the meantime i can pay something towards the fine weekly so that when it does go back to the courts they will see i have paid towards it ,i know im probably jumping the gun here but there seems to be little choice ,any more advice greatly appreciated guys .

What is a HCEO doing witha magistrates fine?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

hi guys i was fooled into believing he was hceo but further advice on here proved that he was a bailliff , at the time he said he could arrest me ,pretty scary stuff .But he is a baillif for marstons. Im looking for some advice on the last post that i made so any info would be greatly appreciated as i have till tuesday to cancel/or not cancel d/d .

ask a stupid question

what is a HCEO doing with this debt in the first place

HCEO are only instructed on debts above £600 i believe

What is a HCEO doing witha magistrates fine?

Please read Post 3

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please read Post 3

OOPs thanks PT, forgot to refresh on what earlier posts said

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

hi guys ,i know everyone is busy but really need to get this sorted by end of the day so should i cancel d/d to marstons as £162 is coming out on thursday and pretty sure i will not have funds to clear ,i know bailliffs will be round again but im prepared for that ,also if this does go back to court i am willing to pay the courts in the meantime using there online system so they know i am paying .also what do i do about bailliffs fees , sorry to harp on ,but im full of flu at the moment and probably not making much sense but if you read my latset post it explains more on the situation ,thanks again guys all your help is much appreciated as always :)

Yes cancel the Direct Debit, if you don't have the funds available. Otherwise you will get charged by your bank for returning the debit unpaid or incur overdraft fees/interest. When you cancel the DD, Marstons/Debt Finance group will be sent notice by your bank of the cancelled DD and they will then contact you. But they would do this anyway, if the payment is returned unpaid.

Suggest that you inform Marstons of the payment issue and pay what you can afford. Come to an arrangement regarding future payments. Better to deal with this head on, rather than wait for them to visit you again and add on extra fees. If you have any problems with Marstons regarding this, then contact the court and advise them of your inability to make the payment and ask for their help in coming to an affordable arrangement.

hi uncle,have cancelled d/d and have been to courts in colchester only to be told there is no fines officer and that the court manager was not in and that he would only tell me to contact bailliff as the debt has now been handed over to them .im willing to pay an amount i can afford but who would i pay this too ,straight to the courts using online system or phoning bailliff with a reasonable offer ,though i understand he could refuse and then im back to square one again .

You could always send the payment by cheque to the bailiff, with a letter explaining the position. If they continue to be a pain, then make the payments directly to the court if you can and send the bailiff proof that you are doing this.

The main thing is to keep paying what you can afford.When it gets handed back to court,you can show/prove that payments have been made.If sending payments get proof of delivery or record the P/O number so that you have evidence of payment.At some point the court will write to you regarding the CCJ and know doubt you will have to go to court and explain the reason's why you havn't been able to pay the amount owed. You will need to provide an Income & Expenditure form.

ok thanks cat , will go and get P/0 this afternoon , should i make it out to marstons with my account number on the back , also is there a template that i can use to say why im doing this and should i contact the courts by letter also, just want to get it right .

ok thanks cat , will go and get P/0 this afternoon , should i make it out to marstons with my account number on the back , also is there a template that i can use to say why im doing this and should i contact the courts by letter also, just want to get it right .

No template. Just explain the situation in your letter. If Marstons are collecting and have asked for the payment to be made payable to them, then yes make it payable to them.