• Tweets

• Frustratingly I've got a voice WhatsApp message from my friend but he's misunderstood the situation and thinks it's you who wants to cancel.  Anyway, I've answered asking if I can call him and hopefully the two of us will be free at the same time today to actually speak on the phone. In the meantime I found this on a page I think meant for people/businesses who have listings on Booking.com How can I communicate with guests to inform them about unforeseen issues at my property and initiate a cancellation? If you’re experiencing unforeseen issues and can’t accommodate your guests, you must report this to our customer service. They will support you with the cancellation request and relocation of the guests, if applicable. https://partner.booking.com/en-gb/help/reservations/changes-cancellations/handling-cancellations-and-guests-cancellation-requests#question-153182 So that's what the host should be doing.  
    • Hi ALl,    Would appreciate some advice and support. I went to insure my car with my partner last night and they refused insurance. I checked my dvla license online and it stated I have been disqualified for 6 months. This is due to 2 driving offences that I failed to identify the driver. I moved house a year ago and completely forgot about changing the registered address. This went to court on 14th May 24 and was given a fine for both and 6 points each totalling 12 points and a 6 month ban. I have read a few things online and spoken to a couple of solicitors for a quick consultation and views and opinions are so varied. Some solicitors are charging extortionate money for something that I know takes 5 mins such as the statuary declaration.    I am going to complete a statutory declaration today and get a solicitor to sign and submit this. But is this just delaying the inevitable? what's the likely hood of being able to overturn this and just pleading guilty to the original 2 offences and take the 3 points for each and a fine with no ban? Any help would be much appreciated, I have been sent the papers by the courts today so have this to hand. Looks like I'm only being charged for the failure to identify and not that and the speeding offence if that makes any difference.    R
    • Again, in the second letter in post 39 upload, they say they "hold a copy of the letter of claim". BUT, they didn't include it... Hmmmm!
    • I've now had a text message from them. Is it safe just to ignore and block the number? I have sent a letter off to CBQ informing them of my address.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NCO Europe KEEP calling!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of course to the lay person the implications of receiving such a card would be to believe that they would be subject to a visit from some moronic debt collector.

It's a simple card letting you know as we tried contact you, but yet you havent got back to us, so we will send you a card to let you know that we will be 'calling you at that time and date

It's a simple card letting you know as we tried contact you, but yet you havent got back to us, so we will send you a card to let you know that we will be 'calling you at that time and date
Im sorry but you and i both know that is not what it means,

I work for a law firm in my day job, i crucify the likes of RMA, NCO , Debt Managers, Lowells , 1st Credit etc for things like this, and let me put this on record, i have a witness statement in my possession from a Harrassment injunction which we successfully secured that confirms that the calling card as you put it is to advise the customer that a home visit has been arranged,

contradict your fellow workers if you like but i think we all know the real reasons for these cards

nco don't seem to understand simple basic english.they keep sending letters and now two cards to my address for a person who doesn't even live here.

i've rung them but they don't seem to understand. so today i'm starting to build a case against them for harassment and the stress caused, with the advice and help from trading standards.

we've been here 30 years so i should know who lives here, our last debt ,the mortgage was cleared in full 20 years ago with no money borrowed since.

what does it take to get through to these low lifes??

Im sorry but you and i both know that is not what it means,

I work for a law firm in my day job, i crucify the likes of RMA, NCO , Debt Managers, Lowells , 1st Credit etc for things like this, and let me put this on record, i have a witness statement in my possession from a Harrassment injunction which we successfully secured that confirms that the calling card as you put it is to advise the customer that a home visit has been arranged,

contradict your fellow workers if you like but i think we all know the real reasons for these cards

Ok, please feel free to do so ;) The company existed for years and if any way its misleading then we would have been taking to court year ago, so please feel free to do so

nco don't seem to understand simple basic english.they keep sending letters and now two cards to my address for a person who doesn't even live here.

i've rung them but they don't seem to understand. so today i'm starting to build a case against them for harassment and the stress caused, with the advice and help from trading standards.

we've been here 30 years so i should know who lives here, our last debt ,the mortgage was cleared in full 20 years ago with no money borrowed since.

what does it take to get through to these low lifes??

How many times have you rang? It can easily be deleted,so no stress needed, Relax

If anyone else is contacted by NCO, they must ask you to confirm your name and post code. If you dont want to talk to them, which I strongly advise against, just refuse to confirm this info. Tell them to write to you and then come here to ask for advice on how to deal with these muppets.

They will try to intimidate you, but they must act within the law.

If they step outside the law, we will help you to put them back in to their unpleasant little box.

The idea of using the phone is to make the situation quick and easy etc, by refusing the questions you simply waste time and build up more debt etc, unless of course, if you dont owe money, then you should take that up with the appropriate client (e,g amex paypal)

When i worked for the company we phoned people everyday who were happy we had reminded them that they were in arrears etc(mainly because they had forgotten), but like all those jobs there is always someone who is intimidating on the phone to debters which is the luck of the draw, like iv'e said before, if you are in debt nco have every right to phone you as you agreed to deal with 3rd party companies in your credit card contract, being a clever boy on the phone generally makes things worse for yourself, if you are not in debt then you have every right to just slam the phone down on them everytime they call.

when i worked there, if i phoned a debtor who was angry and told me they didnt owe money i would simply say ''okay then i will make a note of that'' then move on, some people will argue with you instead, if somebody refused to answer the secuirity questions i would simply say ''okay then sir/madam sorry for wasting your time'' then i would move on, other people would banter with the debtor to get the details out of them which doesnt work:lol:

NCO will deal in writing, but the bottom line is its just as safe and much faster to deal on the phone.

And just before you call me a troll or stereotype me for working at the company i think you should think for a whole second that there are two sides to the argument, people who owe money to NCO's clients and dont pay back are in breach of a certain contract, and i dont think everybody on here are in the situation of getting a phone call yet not being in debt, in fact reading the posts i find it saddening how many people cant think for themeselves.

Good luck in your crusade to destroy a multi national organisation, but lets admit, the world doesnt work like that.

Just one simple question. If NCO are such wonderful people who abide by the rules and never abuse or threaten people Why are there so many people on here complaining about them.

There are three reasons debt collection firms prefer to use the telephone. The first is to keep the costs down by not having to employ people who can read and write English.

Secondly, on the 'phone they can easily intimidate already vulnerable people, and brow beat them into a course of action that may be best for the debt collector, but invariably is not in the best interests of the debtor.

The third reason is recordings of telphone conversations can be 'lost' by the collection firm if they have overstepped the law. A paper trail is far better for the protection of both sides.

Just one simple question. If NCO are such wonderful people who abide by the rules and never abuse or threaten people Why are there so many people on here complaining about them.

Did i say they are wonderful people, who ALWAYS abide by the rules?

2 reasons why people on here are complaining,

1. Some people are generally not in debt, and when they recieved phone calls decided to come on here for advice on how to stop it.

2. Other people ARE in debt, some admit it, others dont, a lot of people actually convince themeselves they aren't in debt (denial) they then panic and come onto a forum like this so they can find out who else is affected, and what they are doing about it, OR find out what they can do to hold it off for longer, they prefer to burry there head in the sand than face the music.

I have already said that certain people in the company can be out of order, but that is generally only if you are yourself,

People on here do have genuine complaints, (edit)

Also this is the UK, its a country well known for its complaining whining people, And yes i am English.

MODERATORS NOTE: Insulting other users is against site rules and will not be allowed.

Please read the site rules before posting again.

Edited by freakyleaky
Insulting other users is against the rules.

People on here do have genuine complaints, but most just want smoke blowing up there ****.

Thank you for showing your TRUE colours. Obviously the fact that alleged debtors now know their legal rights is affecting your bonus payments and you feel the need to use personal insults against the majority of members on here.

Goodbye DCA apologist and TROLL

Edited by ODC
Removing DCA troll's rudeness and poor grammar

Also this is the UK, its a country well known for its complaining whining people, And yes i am English.

MODERATORS NOTE: Insulting other users is against site rules and will not be allowed.

Please read the site rules before posting again.

Geographical note. The UK is not a country. It is a group of nations comprising the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Did i say they are wonderful people, who ALWAYS abide by the rules?

2 reasons why people on here are complaining,

1. Some people are generally not in debt, and when they recieved phone calls decided to come on here for advice on how to stop it.

2. Other people ARE in debt, some admit it, others dont, a lot of people actually convince themeselves they aren't in debt (denial) they then panic and come onto a forum like this so they can find out who else is affected, and what they are doing about it, OR find out what they can do to hold it off for longer, they prefer to burry there head in the sand than face the music.

I have already said that certain people in the company can be out of order, but that is generally only if you are yourself,

People on here do have genuine complaints, (edit)

Must be awful for you knowing that us evil debtors have all these many legal rights/protections etc....:lol:

If you wouldnt keep braking your promises to pay then noone would even call you or send you letters! And all you sit there and moan about us calling you every day and ''harrassing'' you all you need to do is pay it insteed of moaning that ypu get calls every day if you just speak to us or return the call there would be NO phone calls!

Ive got some news for you.

We wont be paying & never will be paying, unless a county court orders ortherwise.

You have no legal powers whatsoever - why cant DCA's just accept that simple fact?

We all know it costs you money to take us evil debtors to a county court so thats why you rarely go near the places.

Threatening is the only thing you can do...well guess what, the police/government/OFT/trading standards/information commissoner...everyone for that matter, is cracking down on you.

How does it feel to be such a targeted industry now like you are? ;)

I know this thread is really old. But I am sick of NCO. I have a few different websites and run a few different forums too (1 current forum), I am considering setting up a website along the lines of notoncoeurope.co.uk or something. Would anyone be up for helping me run the forum on it?

Ok, please feel free to do so ;) The company existed for years and if any way its misleading then we would have been taking to court year ago, so please feel free to do so

You have been, and I have an admission of liability from JW, NCO got a CCJ and paid damages.

How about my card then? It does NOT even have a date or time lol

It is just a way of getting someone's telephone number. Someone without internet access would not be able to lookup who NCO are. The card contains very little information so regular people are bound to call the number to ask who NCO are, by that time their telephone number has been registered on NCO's system and that is when the calls start. I had to change my telephone number to stop them! I did not owe a penny either, so how about that? Jobsworth.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks