• Tweets

• Hi Just to be clear a Notice to Quit is only the very start of the Housing Association going down the Eviction route there is a long process to go. Also to be clear if you leave at the Notice to Quit date only and go to the Council claiming you are Homeless they will more than likely class you as Intentionally Homeless therefore you have no right to be given temporary housing by the Council. The only way that works is when the Court has Granted a Possession Order then you can approach the Council as Homeless with the Court Order. As for the Housing Association issuing the Notice to Quit because there investigation has proved it's not your main residence but you have witness statement to prove otherwise. From now on with the Housing Association you need to keep a very good paper trail and ensure to get free proof of posting from the post office with anything you send to them. You now need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and please amend the following to suit your needs:   Dear Sir/Madam FORMAL COMPLAINT Reference: Notice to Quit Letter Dated XX/XX/2024, Hand Delivered on XX/XX/2024 I note in your letter that you stated that the Housing Association has carried out an investigation into myself and came to the conclusion that I am not using this property as my main residence and have evidence of this and have therefore issued a 'Notice to Quit' by XX/XX/2024. I find the above actions absolutely disgraceful action by the Housing Association. 1. Why have I never been informed nor asked about this matter by my Housing Officer. 2. Why have I never been given the opportunity to defend myself before the Housing Association out of the blue Hand Delivered a Notice to Quit Letter. 3. I have evidence and witnesses/statements that prove this is my Main Residence and more than willing provide this to both the Housing Association and the Court. I now require the following: 1. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Copy of your Customer Care Charter (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of your Investigation into this not being my main residence.    As well as the above you need to send the Housing Association urgently a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that in whether it be letters, email, recorded calls etc. The Housing Association then has 30 calendar days to respond but that time limit only starts once they acknowledge your SAR Request. If they fail to respond within that time limit its then off with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).     
    • Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you The email excuse and I do say excuse to add to your account and if court decide LL can't recoup costs will be removed is a joke. So I would Ask them: Ask them to provide you with the exact terms within your Tenancy Agreement that allows them to add these Court Fees to your Account before it has been decided in Court by a Judge. Until the above is answered you require these Court Fees to be removed from your Account (Note: I will all be down to your Tenancy Agreement so have a good look through it to see what if any fees they can add to your account in these circumstances)
    • Thank you for your responses. As requested, some more detail. Please forgive, I'm writing this on my phone which always makes for less than perfect grammar. My Dad tries but English not his 1st language, i'm born and bred in England, a qualified accountant and i often help him with his admin. On this occasion I helped my dad put in his renewal driving licence application around 6 weeks before expiry and with it the disclosure of his sleep apnoea. Once the licence expired I told him to get in touch with his GP, because the DVLA were offering only radio silence at that time (excuses of backlogs When I called to chase up). The GP charged £30 for an opinion letter on his ability to drive based on his medical history- at the time I didn't take a copy of the letter, but I am hoping this will be key evidence that we can rely on as to why s88 applies because in the GP opinion they saw no reason he couldn't drive i need to see the letter again as im going only on memory- we forwarded the letter in a chase up / complaint to the DVLA.  In December, everything went quiet RE the sleep apnoea (i presume his GP had given assurance) but the DVLA noticed there had been a 2nd medical issue in the past, when my father suffered a one off mini stroke 3 years prior. That condition had long been resolved via an operation (on his brain of all places, it was a scary time, but he came through unscathed) and he's never had an issue since. We were able to respond to that query very promptly (within the 14 days) and the next communication was the licence being granted 2 months later. DVLA have been very slow in responding every step of the way.  I realise by not disclosing the mini stroke at the time, and again on renewal (had I known I'd have encouraged it) he was potentially committing an offence, however that is not relevant to the current charge being levied, which is that he was unable to rely on s88 because of a current medical issue (not one that had been resolved). I could be wrong, I'm not a legal expert! The letter is a summons I believe because its a speeding offence (59 in a temp roadworks 50 limit on the A1, ironically whist driving up to visit me). We pleaded guilty to the speeding but not guilty to the s87.  DVLA always confirmed to me on the phone that the licence had not been revoked and that he "May" be able to continue to drive. They also confirmed in writing, but the letter explains the DVLA offer no opinion on the matter and that its up to the driver to seek legal advice. I'll take the advice to contact DVLA medical group. I'm going to contact the GP to make sure they received the SAR request for data, and make it clear we need to see a copy of the opinion letter. In terms of whether to continue to fight this, or to continue with the defence, do we have any idea of the potential consequences of either option? Thanks all
    • stopping payments until a DN arrives does not equal automatic sale to a DCA...if you resume payments after the DN.  
    • Sleep apnoea: used to require the condition  to be “completely” controlled Sometime before June 2013 DVLA changed it to "adequately" controlled. I have to disagree with MitM regarding the effect of informing DVLA and S.88 A diagnosis of sleep apnoea doesn't mean a licence wont be granted, and, indeed, here it was. If the father sought medical advice (did he?) : this is precisely where S.88 applies https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/64edcf3a13ae1500116e2f5d/inf1886-can-i-drive-while-my-application-is-with-dvla.pdf p.4 for “new medical condition” It is shakier ground if the opinion of a healthcare professional wasn’t sought. in that case it is on the driver to state they believed they met the medical standard to drive. However, the fact the licence was then later granted can be used to be persuasive that the driver’s belief they met the standard was correct. What was the other condition? And, just to confirm, at no point did DVLA say the licence was revoked / application refused? I’d be asking DVLA Drivers’ Medical Group why they believe S.88 doesn’t apply. S.88 only applies for the UK, incidentally. If your licence has expired and you meet the conditions for S.88 you can drive in the U.K., but not outside the U.K. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Terminator, for the Police to be interested and act, there must be a joint action, and when dealing with a Goliath like the banks, case law must be dotted and crossed. I have concentrated on legitimate complaints to TS and the ICO. I believe these organisations haven't acted so far, but recently have had so many complaints they have had to act. My forte is data, and I intend to nail them on that. Obviously I'll post the results here.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the T & C were there but no sigs.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

My undertanding of the CCR 83 regs is that to satisfy a sec 77-79 request, tehy can provide the doc without signatures, but it must be a true copy of the original....not sure how it applies to sec 85 though, if it does!

Also, I am surprised that they replied to both your letters in one - that's bad in my opinion, seperate letters means seperate complaints. And, as you say, you both may not even be aware of each other's circumstances....

The CCR 83 reg is for the supply of docs for cancellation purposes & to confirm the terms. Also to avoid sending docs with signatures & bank details through the post.........However it does not allow creditors to refuse to send a signed properly executed agreement when requested under the CCA...........otherwise as you have noticed one reg would completely disregard the other

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

It IS a copy of your agreement as required by the 83 regs.....& sent for the purposes I have already alluded too in my previous post..........but it is not a properly executed agreement (with signatures) which they would be required to send you in the event you made a CCA request

Hi

It's impossible to read that document as the print is so small but it may well be a CCA compliant copy of the agreement that needs to be sent within 7 days of the agreement being signed and which (for that purpose) does not need to contain signatures or names.

What is more relevant is the actual 'agreement' that you signed in the first place. Most CC suppliers seem to be sending out application forms and then treating them as executed agreements. This is the topic of the current debate that is going on amongst CAG members.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Guest Battleaxe

Sorry to disagree with a respected member of the coven but what you have posted above is not stated in the Act.

Hi Pam,

I was trying to make the interpretation simple to understand for beginners. I didn't want to regurgitate the whole section verbatim as it has been covered fully in earlier threads.

A lot of people just want it kept to laymans language.

I love your resarch and arguments, keep up the good work.

Guest Battleaxe

Pam,

I read your post regarding the Judgement and interpretation of 'enforcement' and it does make common sense. I would settle for the debt to be unforceable, which would wipe the slate and get them off your back. What did it show on your credit file after that action? Just curios as I have MBNA and Capital One going through the hoops with Sec 85.

"I act on behalf of Citifinancial Europe PLC and write in relation to you and your husbands letters to my clients dated 29th January. Please forgive me but I shall respond to both requests by this one letter in the interests of brevity and economy.

I regret to inform you that section 85 of the CCA 1974 does not require my client to provide you with a copy of the executed agreement as you appear to believe. It requires my client to provide you with a copy of the executed agreement as defined by the Consumer Credit Regulations 1983. the obligation to provide you with this document is fulfilled by the card carrier you received and to which your new card was attached. This is an industry standard document and conforms to the Regulations

Well, this may be an industry standard, much the same as penalty charges were, but that doesn't make them right, or lawful.

Unfortunatly for you Banks, this is one argument that you will not be able to squirm your 'clients' out of a corner with, because it's there in black and white. Yes you are right the 1983 regulations mean that you can omit signatures and dates, but you still need to supply a copy of the original agreement, and if I remeber correctly the agreement that I signed didn't have a card attached to it or tell me to sign it immediatly on receipt!

Times up lads - hoist by ones own petard.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Interesting, I've just received a reply from LTSB Credit Cards in response to my CCA request. Well, I assume it's that, as there is no communication other than a poor quality photocopy of the application form (signed by me & dated 2003) and the Bank's copy of the "Credit Card conditions". It's entitled "Application Form and Agreement"

At the top of the form (under a blank LTSB signature box!) is the following

"If your application is accepted by our signature box above and we send you a card, then this will form the agreement made between you, the Principal Cardholder and us, Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Card Services, PO Box 33, Brighton, BN1 4BE, on the terms overleaf and the full Conditions set out in the brochure section headed 'Classic, Gold and Platinum Card Conditions - Customer Copy'"

Under that there's the CCA 1974 "regulated by" statement.

Clearly this is a copy of the document they would rely on, and not withstanding that it's firstly an application form (and the agreement part is dodgy since they haven't signed it), I have some concerns over its format. There is no credit limit mentioned, but in the Conditions, it says "we'll set a limit which we can change". The APR is set out in the Conditions, not the main form. The "Your right to cancel" box simply states that "Once you have signed this agreement you will have, for a short time, a right to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by us". Anyone got a link to the parts of the CCA that state exactly what must be shown in a credit agreement?

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Interesting, I've just received a reply from LTSB Credit Cards in response to my CCA request. Well, I assume it's that, as there is no communication other than a poor quality photocopy of the application form (signed by me & dated 2003) and the Bank's copy of the "Credit Card conditions". It's entitled "Application Form and Agreement"

"If your application is accepted by our signature box above and we send you a card, then this will form the agreement made between you, the Principal Cardholder and us, Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Card Services, PO Box 33, Brighton, BN1 4BE, on the terms overleaf and the full Conditions set out in the brochure section headed 'Classic, Gold and Platinum Card Conditions - Customer Copy'"

Clearly this is a copy of the document they would rely on, and not withstanding that it's firstly an application form (and the agreement part is dodgy since they haven't signed it), I have some concerns over its format. There is no credit limit mentioned, but in the Conditions, it says "we'll set a limit which we can change". The APR is set out in the Conditions, not the main form. The "Your right to cancel" box simply states that "Once you have signed this agreement you will have, for a short time, a right to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by us". Anyone got a link to the parts of the CCA that state exactly what must be shown in a credit agreement?

Cheers

.I think it's the Regulations 1983 SI 1553 you need to look up this states all the prescribed terms etc. Best of luck. I can't find it.

Paul.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Cheers

Michael

I think you need to look up the Regs 1983 SI 1553. I can't find it.

http://www.competition-commission.or...rame work.pdf

This may be of use.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

I think you need to look up the Regs 1983 SI 1553. I can't find it.

lhttp://www.competition-commission.or...rame work.pdf

This may be of use.

Thanks Paul, but that link isn't valid?

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Pam,

I read your post regarding the Judgement and interpretation of 'enforcement' and it does make common sense. I would settle for the debt to be unforceable, which would wipe the slate and get them off your back. What did it show on your credit file after that action? Just curios as I have MBNA and Capital One going through the hoops with Sec 85.

Hi

I lost that claim for refund of monies paid although did not have to pay further. I then discovered that they hadn't sent me the 2nd copy of the cancellation notice so I wrote and 'cancelled it' (11 years after commencement !!!), threatened a new action on that and they paid up in full! :D

I asked for my default to be removed as I had 'cancelled' and they complied.

My concern is that people are assuming that they will get back all the interest they have paid if they go down the s85 route. After my experience, I'm not sure a court would agree, although some creditors might cough up anyway.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

I am right in thinking that if a creditor supplies a copy of an agreement within the time period, but no statement of account and no terms and conditions that were relevant at the time and you report them to TS etc that you do have acknowledge that a debt is there?

Otherwise this could be construed as fraud, couldn't it?

I have an application form sent to me and then another document which is the agreement, no terms and no statement of account.

What happens if they apply for a court order now to enforce it? Does a Jusge HAVE to prosecute them for their criminality?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

No I don't think a Judge has to do that -it's pretty much down to the Judge's interpretation of the Act. And I posted a quote yesterday from a Judge regarding the CCA which just about says it all.

Damn it!

What was the quote? I can't find it, sorry!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

It was this:

icon1.gif Re: Consumer Credit Act Agreements

Ths was sent to me today - I just thought it was quite interesting -( it comes from a set of Chambers)

Common Law - Consumer Credit

In recent decision of the Court of Appeal, Clarke LJ said: “…the Consumer Credit Act 1974 … has recently provided so much work for the courts …this case demonstrates the unsatisfactory state of the law at present. Simplification of a part of the law which is intended to protect consumers is surely long overdue so as to make it comprehensible to layman and lawyer alike. At present it is certainly not comprehensible to the former and is scarcely comprehensible to the latter.” McGinn v Grangewood Securities Ltd. [2002] CA Civ 522

Nearly every loan and mortgage of £25,000 or less is caught by the Act. Failure by a lender to observe strictly the intricate requirements of the Act can lead to a loan being completely unenforceable with no right of restitution or other form of relief.

I have been searching for the 1983 legislation and can only find the OFT FaQ re 2004 amending 1983... pl;aese - do we have a link to the 1983 pdf please.

Various comments state that it does not change v much what we are focused on but I would like to read the regs myself - espec since this last legal response referred to them....

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was this:

icon1.gif Re: Consumer Credit Act Agreements

Ths was sent to me today - I just thought it was quite interesting -( it comes from a set of Chambers)

Common Law - Consumer Credit

In recent decision of the Court of Appeal, Clarke LJ said: “…the Consumer Credit Act 1974 … has recently provided so much work for the courts …this case demonstrates the unsatisfactory state of the law at present. Simplification of a part of the law which is intended to protect consumers is surely long overdue so as to make it comprehensible to layman and lawyer alike. At present it is certainly not comprehensible to the former and is scarcely comprehensible to the latter.” McGinn v Grangewood Securities Ltd. [2002] CA Civ 522

Nearly every loan and mortgage of £25,000 or less is caught by the Act. Failure by a lender to observe strictly the intricate requirements of the Act can lead to a loan being completely unenforceable with no right of restitution or other form of relief.

Thanks for this - how does this relate to your last post though, were you don't think a Judge would act on them commiting a criminal offence?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Can I also add that the Citi agreement doesn't state your credit limit which it has to do.

Hi Rhia

It doesn't have to state your credit limit as a sum of money. It can state that a limit will be decided and you will be notified - but this statement must be on the actual agreement, not just in the T&Cs

Regards, Pam

I am sorry to go back over old ground but can you point me to where the regs and legislation says certain parts must be in the signature document rather than just in the T&C's

Hi,

I have an OFT doc. from 2003 (i.e. pre-2006 amendments) that sets out all that should be in the signature agreement. It is aimed at cancellable agreements ( includes CC's) but the general requirements are applicable to all agreements made prior to 31/05/05.

If you, or anyone else would like this doc. please PM me with your email address and I will forward as an attachment.

AMENDED - LINK NOW AVAILABLE ON NEXT PAGE:o

Regards, Pam

Hi Rhia

It doesn't have to state your credit limit as a sum of money. It can state that a limit will be decided and you will be notified - but this statement must be on the actual agreement, not just in the T&Cs

Regards, Pam

As should the interest rate, which more often than not is missing, as I'm sure it was from your Lloyds TSB copy Mcuth

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks