Bailiffs - the true horrors - The Exposure TV documentary - Rossendales - Comments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/exposure/week44/default.html

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good hopefully they will let people know their actual rights instead of the bailiffs fantasy take on them

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

I can tell you that some aspects of this docu are shocking!

Please email your friends and relatives about this programme.

Who can guess which is the most outrageously behaved firm?

Have mailed it to my list, and am putting a reminder to record this one....

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Keep an eye open. The producer has just called me and said that there is a 2 week postponement

Perhaps they would consider a follow up and take a look at the High Court system, it was over 30 years ago the £600 ceiling was set to allow a creditor to apply for writ of Fi'Fa' and 30 years ago £600 was a lot of money to be owed by the "ordinary" household and was therefore aimed in the main at business debts.

Today the household debtor, struggling in the present climate to keep a roof over their heads ,food on the table, clothes shoes on their childrens backs and feet find themselves facing utility companies quite happy to allow the £600+ being owed to them to becoming upwards of £5,000.

Logic tells me and probably the rest of the Forum, if that debtor cannot afford to pay the £600+ in affordable and sustainable amounts then they will have no chance of paying the High Court Enforcement Company the ridiculous amounts they have inflated the debt to with their charges and, of course the creditor will not see a penny of the money owed to them until such time as the HCE company get their fees paid in full. So why do they take such actions?????

Then we have the "seizure" of work vehicles, lets take a look at some of those.

We have the debtor working as a one man band scraping a living to keep the head just above water, along come the heavies and seize and remove the means to earning that living... the vehicle. To argue their case to that vehicle being essential to their work the debtor is then expected to travel from four corners of the country quite often to London, to answer to an Interpleader.

Firstly they have no idea what an Interpleader is let alone the procedures involved in defending it, then they cannot afford to travel to the RCJ as they no longer have an income due to their mode of transport being seized, so we have the debtor unable to defend the Interpleader and the High Court positioned to rule in favour of the HCE company...hmmmm ??????

So what if there is no vehicle to seize, no house to charge upon..... well they can always go for a bankruptcy order against the debtor and if successful that then results in nothing for the creditor and the HCE company's exhorbitant fees are also going to go down the pan... so they have achieved what?????

Take into consideration the costs the utility companies have incurred (paid for by the consumer) by sending in the heavies to frighten and cajole the debtor into paying thousands of pounds more than the debt then perhaps the £1 a week offered to them by the genuinely struggling debtor wanting to pay the debt, wasn't such a ridiculous offer after all????

Rant not over just a prelim to getting answers to some of the questions.

WD

Agreed WD the system is not merely crooked, but is seriously bent, and actually if the amount was £600 in the late 1960's when a 3 bed new home was I am told around £5000 no debt below around £6,000 should be enforced by writ of fi-fa, and HCEOs these days.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Stick Jacobs in there also, as they seem to be cropping up here more frequently, but Equita, Ross'n Robbers, Rossendales, and Marstons are pretty dire

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/exposure/week42/default.html

Edit:-

This has been postponed and is likely to be screened in week 44.

A breathing space for the bailiffs - but a chance for you to tell more people to get ready to watch it

I think I'm being a bit dim but I can't make out when or what this programme is going to be... I clicked the link but didn't mention the bailiffs :???:

I think I'm being a bit dim but I can't make out when or what this programme is going to be... I clicked the link but didn't mention the bailiffs :???:

It will only show up to week 42, which I presume was the week it was showing, it has now been moved to week 44 which is not on show yet.

As Bankfodder has already mentioned it has been postponed for 2 weeks, I had cached the original page earlier, so here is what was there:

Exposure

Episode: 4 of 6Monday, 17 October 2011, 10:35PM - 11:35PM

Factual

Bailiffs:

This film goes undercover to investigate the behaviour of the bailiffs instructed to chase millions of householders and car owners each year. It asks whether the voluntary guidelines that bailiffs are meant to follow are enough to protect the public.

Last edited: Tuesday, 4 October 2011

1x1transparent.gif

1x1transparent.gif

Bailiff company in question perhaps trying to stop it getting shown.

Has the potential to lose contracts and damage buisness.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

possibly, I think there may be a few bailiffs pooping their boxers and maybe a few CEO's corking their poopers:!:

Couldn't happen to a nicer (not) bunch, They will be desperately trying to prevent this docu being shown, as it could seriously undermine the fear factor when they are exposed for what they really are.

I cant see how they will stop it from being aired though, in hindsight it will just prove they have something to hide.. Will that be a good thing, perhaps, but as we all know that its been done I think we could make more noise to have it aired than the bailiffs who appear on it having it stopped.

possibly, I think there may be a few bailiffs pooping their boxers and maybe a few CEO's corking their poopers:!:

I think one of the CEO's may be from North East Lincolnshire Council.

Residents caught out with unlawful Council Tax penalties.doc

EDIT:

Changed Jpg. image for Doc. Should see it now

Edited by outlawla