TPS Hospital parking PCN, assurance needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I have read lots of the threads relating to private company parking charges and some in particular about TPS total parking solutions but I just need some extra assurance!

I over stayed a free for 15mins car park at a hospital whilst dropping my girlfriend off for cancer surgery, to be honest the car parking was the last thing on my mind.

after reading the various forums I ignored the ticket and now I have received the traffic enforcement notice for £60. I know the advice will be to continue to ignore but a few things worry me, in particular the threat of bailiffs. Can TPS pass on this 'debt' to a collection company who will then have the right to pursue me for the money including the use of bailiffs?

also it worries me that the traffic notice says "operating in accordance with the BPA and DVLA code of practice for private car park enforcement', does this mean they are within their rights to chase me for the money and what is the code of practice for private car park enforcement?

any advice would be gratefully received.

Forget about the BPA. It's not a regulator, it's a cosy member's association financed by the private parking industry. As for debt collectors, don't confuse them with bailiffs. For the latter to become involved the case would have to go to court, you lose and then you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. This is such an unlikely scenario it's not worth worrying about. Debt collectors on the other hand are just ordinary citizens with no more power than you or I to demand money off people. They cannot enter property, they cannot seize property and they cannot damage anyone's credit record over an alleged private parking ticket. Ignore these clowns and just have a laugh at the stupid letters they will send to you.

Just another correction. This is not a "fine", it's a speculative invoice.

you over stayed in a ,,free car park????? not exactly crime of the century,,anyway,, you have not been fined ,you have not commited a crime,, do not worry,and ignore all the junk mail you will recieve about this terrible crime,,,being serious now,,please ignore everything that comes your way over this,, it is no more than an unenforceable invoice, no legal backing,, no nothing,,,i hope your girlfriend is ok and does not worry about this,,and that her surgery was successful.

Abosutely nothing about your case makes it in any way enforcable compared to all the others you've read about. It's still a private company, you still aren't in debt, they still can't make you pay. Nothing has changed - they are a private company and have no authority to issue you with a penalty.

Of course the letters worry you - that's what they are deliberately designed to do. Now you know the game, be smarter than them and ignore their letters.

I ignored the ticket and now I have received the traffic enforcement notice......

a traffic enforcement notice?? what the hell is one of those supposed to be, other than a scary made-up-name for invoice #2 coz the mug didn't pay at invoice #1!

A debt collector is hired to try and collect a debt. If he can't collect - ie you don't volunteer to pay - he's completely unable to do a thing. Let him waste his time perstering you if it comes to that. The more you ignore, the more futile it all becomes.

DO SOME READING IN THIS FORUM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the responses, just to be sure TPS will not pass on the fine to a debt collection agency, will they?

Just by reading my advice you agree to pay me £5000. By the way I'm a debt collector id if you dont pay me now im going to write lots of scary letters with words like 'court' and 'fine' and 'CCJ' in big red letters.Sorry -- did I hear a ...from you?....,-- thats me darsterdly plan to get rich foiled again.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have received similar letters. I parked in a free retail park and left by foot to goto other shops out of the park. On reading the notice at the entrance of the car park, it states overstaying over 2 hours or leaving premises will result in a charge of £70 or £50 if paid within 14 days. However the Parking Charge Notice stuck on my car states £60 or £40 within 14 day...?? That alone is a legal get out point if it it went to court. They are just [problematic] frightening Joe public into paying up. This site assures people that they are not alone.

• 2 years later...

Had problem with TPS in February this year. Only resolved after receiving 2 letters from Zenith Collections. Complained to financial ombudsman. TPS said they would cancel it on this occasion (November). Search through Moneyexpert.com and find some template letters. Do not give in! Don't admit liability !

Edited by Brat673
additional thought

Hi There,

I have read lots of the threads relating to private company parking fines and some in particular about TPS total parking solutions but I just need some extra assurance!

I over stayed a free for 15mins car park at a hospital whilst dropping my girlfriend off for cancer surgery, to be honest the car parking was the last thing on my mind.

after reading the various forums I ignored the ticket and now I have received the traffic enforcement notice for £60. I know the advice will be to continue to ignore but a few things worry me, in particular the threat of bailiffs. Can TPS pass on this 'debt' to a collection company who will then have the right to pursue me for the money including the use of bailiffs?

also it worries me that the traffic notice says "operating in accordance with the BPA and DVLA code of practice for private car park enforcement', does this mean they are within their rights to chase me for the money and what is the code of practice for private car park enforcement?

any advice would be gratefully received.

All hospitals have a 15 min drop off zone......Im sure your local media would love to hear about this.....to be honest Im getting rather fed up with NHS Hospitals doing this all the time or their agents.....profiteering from the sick and those who look after them......I feel a campaign coming on to the health secretarty...he's next on my list.

As for bailiffs etc sit back and laugh.....The hospital actually has to take you to court and win and you refuse to pay before the B word is mentioned

• dx100uk changed the title to TPS Hospital parking PCN, assurance needed!