Moorcroft Doorstep Collector just been at my door!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had Moorcroft at my door regarding an alleged debt my partner has with 02. Its his third time of calling and he said he had made an appointment. I said I hadnt and neither had my partner and he said they dont make appointments !? I told him he was trespassing as he was on my property (sorry hello all by the way!) and he said he wasnt but I said you are on my driveway which is within my boundary so you are trespassing. I asked him to leave or I would call the Police and he said that the debt was for my partner and showed me a notice of assignment (although I dont really know what one looks like), so I said if he didnt leave I would call the police as I felt he was harassing us. He is now sat in his car at the end of the drive!

Did I do the right thing? And can anyone please advise what I need to do next?

Many thanks

OOh yes, hello guests!

Ring the Police 999 and report a stranger sat in his car watching your property.....DO IT NOW!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Go outside and get his name and tell him any further visits will constitute a 'course of conduct' under the Harassment Act!

If he has not made an appt he has lied to you!!

Cups

Either film him or take his photograph, but ring the Police 999 and get them out if he is still sat in his car watching you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

quite correct

not a 999 issue.......

yep get you old big video camera out or a flash camera

please remember they have no powers whatsover and any money pay goes into his pocket.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do not ring the Police on 999 unless you fear for your immediate safety!!

Completely disagree, some one sat outside in your car watching your property....in my experience merits a 999 call, especially if you are a lone female, or a vulnerable person, the operator will then give the call it's own classification for response.

However, if this is the third time you have had a doorstep challenge (was that Daz?) then they need to be told in writing not to darken your doorstep again. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

If you do receive a doorstep visit we give these suggestions to Members.

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...DOORSTEP-VISIT

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

I would go even further and say that you beleive they will cause a breach of the peace.

Different forces define when to call 999 in slightly different ways.

You don't call 999 if you have time to go and sit down at your PC posting on the internet.

Every Police service has a non emergency number anyway.

edit to add - if the Op REALLY felt threatened in any way then they should call the coppers by all means.

if your a lone female or a vulnerable adult you have every right to call 999,,,, simples, if however you are of the likes of say myself ex-military ignore the hippy culture I can still handle myself at 52 am still bench pressing 260 lbs without a problem then correct, go for the non-emergency. Again though if said callers gets aggressive then I would suggest a 999 because I had the unfortunate miss-fortune to be arrested after intervening when some poor youth was being beaten up by a group of yobs... Hippy had to use the right hook on one and whow 8 hours in the cells..... Nothing came of it I got an apology from police,, ( only doing there job ) low-life made complaint to plod.... though Judge did give me a nice pat on the back in court.... yob had convictions stretching back for years and always vulnerable people, old ladies etc... Great Judge gave the toe-rag four years... So yes I have learnt my lesson now... unless I fear for my or anybodies safety call the plod..... because in this country the good guys get the rough end...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

I have just had Moorcroft at my door regarding an alleged debt my partner has with 02. Its his third time of calling and he said he had made an appointment. I said I hadnt and neither had my partner and he said they dont make appointments !? I told him he was trespassing as he was on my property (sorry hello all by the way!) and he said he wasnt but I said you are on my driveway which is within my boundary so you are trespassing. I asked him to leave or I would call the Police and he said that the debt was for my partner and showed me a notice of assignment (although I dont really know what one looks like), so I said if he didnt leave I would call the police as I felt he was harassing us. He is now sat in his car at the end of the drive!

Did I do the right thing? And can anyone please advise what I need to do next?

Many thanks

Nice one koodai

Just a thought re my highlight in your post

Discussing the debt and showing documentation to an unauthorised third party could be taken as a breach of the DPA, even though minor

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Nice one koodai

Just a thought re my highlight in your post

Discussing the debt and showing documentation to an unauthorised third party could be taken as a breach of the DPA, even though minor

Regards

R

Also could be technically in breach of the OFT debt collection guideliness. 2.6 Physical/psycological harassment parts I & J

i. disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless

legally entitled to do so

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting

correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread