taken to court by CPS parking. now bailiff has visited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

deft was out of the country on the date the ticket was issued ( holiday in malta. copies of the booking submitted)

defts two sons are insured to drive the car and have permission to use the car ( both deny that they used the car that day) copy of insurance details submitted

deft received no court papers prior to the visit ( did receive a bailiffs letter giving 48 hrs notice but thought it was not real as he had not received any court papers)

If my thinking is right, you can ask for a set aside on the basis the money claimed is a penalty.

I'll post on another thread shortly, I think we need the official account in what happens with private tickets.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

If my thinking is right, you can ask for a set aside on the basis the money claimed is a penalty.

I'll post on another thread shortly, I think we need the official account in what happens with private tickets.

Welcome to the murky world of the PPC and their invoices Fork-it as you can see it is a minefield

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I will watch the ''firewoks'' with great interest.:lol::lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I will watch the ''firewoks'' with great interest.:lol::lol:

Who is opening the book on the Fork-it V PPC who may or may not have anything to do with Perky?:lol:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This is brilliant news for all those who have campaigned BUT unfortunately, in the forthcoming bill, the Minister is introducing a clause whereby private parking tickets will becoming the responsibility of the VEHICLE OWNER as opposed to the current position whereby the vehicle DRIVER can be found to be liable.

Actually you're wrong, but it's not your fault as the whole Owner vs Registered Keeper thing is very muddy waters.

As I've said elsewhere, your V5 does not act as a proof of ownership - the Invoice or Bill of Sale is your proof of ownership - we have no concept of a "Title" that the merkins have.

If the new legislation comes in, the dodge is very simple: Form a non-trading Limited Company with a fully paid up share capital of say £1. This then becomes your registered keeper. File Non-Trading Accounts each year at a cost of about £25. [EDIT] . If they persist, point out that it is a valueless dormant limited company not performaing any trading activities, and if they want to sue it, to go right ahead. Your liability is basically the £1 of share capital. You could open a bank account for this company and pop that £1 in there to completely cover yourself, make sure it's a free banking account though!

Edited by dx100uk
behave - dx siteteam

Going into the realms of fantasy now:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

What would happen if the vehicle OWNER was a young child for instance?

Or better still, your pet?

my brother in law put his dog down as the registered keeper to his bike many years ago, it was accepted lol

my brother in law put his dog down as the registered keeper to his bike many years ago, it was accepted lol

And why not, a few people have put their pets on the register of electors before now...

I am at times staggered by the stupidity of individuals who try to avoid the requirements

of laws intended to protect others.

Brassneked at the risk of being censured by the site team I think you are an IDIOT:madgrin:

Brassneked at the risk of being censured by the site team I think you are an IDIOT:madgrin:

I am completely loopy Brigadier, I myself wouldn't condone it, and my tongue was firmly in my cheek, after all it is Friday,. but I have dealt with a case like that in the days of Poll Tax when a pensioner who was slightly batty, was being chased by a council for poll tax for the dog she had put on the register

i don't know who was more loopy, the old lady or the council and their bailiffs. wanting to imprison the dog under the mistaken belief it was a liable person who hadn't paid.

I am unfortunately aware from professional stance

that this type of things go on but they are offences that can

have quite serious consequences, and to condone or dismiss

such, may mislead others as to their responsibilities.

I am unfortunately aware from professional stance

that this type of things go on but they are offences that can

have quite serious consequences, and to condone or dismiss

such, may mislead others as to their responsibilities.

Yes they can have consequences, but sometimes even the strait laced legals can have a sense of humour, especially entertaining were some of Lord Dennings story-like judgments, who can fail to see the scene in ones minds eye, he set in

Miller v Jackson [1977] QB 966 about the cricket played on the Village cricket field in Lintz County Durham. and the petition by the Millers to have it stopped on the grounds of nuisance

Sadly such things are now common where a stockbroker can move into a rural area near a farm and get a noise abatement notice condemning the sheep and cattle and cockerel to death.

Sometimes we need a jest or we go mad with all the muppetry and stupidity we see happening around us. But if I so offendeth thee sorry we are not all perfect Perhaps I should volunteer at the CAB. as I was once an advisor in one whilst studying Law at uni and am trying to help, and constantly learning in my own small way.

Edited by brassnecked

Jest all you may wish, I have no authority to suggest you

go else where, I only have regard to the principle of giving

sincerer help to those who need it, yes I'll have some laughs

here but never to diminish the reason for the poster.

Jest all you may wish, I have no authority to suggest you

go else where, I only have regard to the principle of giving

sincerer help to those who need it, yes I'll have some laughs

here but never to diminish the reason for the poster.

fair enough and respect to you you are of course correct that the problem for the OP is NOT FUNNY, and they deserve the best advice and solutions that are available, but sometimes things slip into silliness in a Pythonesque manner when the antics of councils and bailiffs defy commonsense, the law and reason

I am at times staggered by the stupidity of individuals who try to avoid the requirements

of laws intended to protect others.

To be fair, the Registered Keeper is just a person and address to refer to, putting your dog or cat down as the keeper isn't going to do anyone any harm. Stupid yes, but harmful? No.

To be fair, the Registered Keeper is just a person and address to refer to, putting your dog or cat down as the keeper isn't going to do anyone any harm. Stupid yes, but harmful? No.

To understand the attitude of some, who apply everything in the light of the the black letter of the law one has to read the book or see the Thomas tank Engine episode Thomas In Trouble, where the policeman states simplistically to Thomas and The Fat Controller "The Law Is The Law, and we cannot change it"

To understand the attitude of some, who apply everything in the light of the the black letter of the law one has to read the book or see the Thomas tank Engine episode Thomas In Trouble, where the policeman states simplistically to Thomas and The Fat Controller "The Law Is The Law, and we cannot change it"

The policeman's job is to uphold and enforce the law - it is the politicians and monarch's job to create and amend the law.

The policeman's job is to uphold and enforce the law - it is the politicians and monarch's job to create and amend the law.

Which is quite correct, the policeman is not there to interpret, or change law that is the job of politicians, who should look at which law is bad law and repeal or change it, starting with neutering bailiffs

Which is quite correct, the policeman is not there to interpret, or change law that is the job of politicians, who should look at which law is bad law and repeal or change it, starting with neutering bailiffs

Sadly I suspect they stand more chance of gaining *more* not less powers thanks to lobbying by the bailiff industry.

Sadly I suspect they stand more chance of gaining *more* not less powers thanks to lobbying by the bailiff industry.

That I am sorry to say is true, bailiffs belong in the 13th century along with the rack, thumbscrew, the pit and the pendulum, the Sherriff Of Nottingham and King John.

If the politicos grant wider powers it will be only temporary, as when vulnerable people and pensioners die of shock, or have their house emptied by bailiffs whilst they are at the day centre,

the politicos will say lessons need to be learned and hopefully backtrack