Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Presumably you will be signing off tomorrow - If so, bear in mind that you are under no obligation to give a reason or name the employer if anyone from the DWP/JCP ask. If you tell them of this job, the information will be passed on to Ingeus.

Just tell them you are signing off, no need to tell them anything else. other wise you're advisor at Ingeus will be claiming a bonus from you.

You need to send them a letter by post to the effect:

When you start your training tomorrow, turn the phone off or put it on silent ringing - Your trainer and colleagues will appreciate it.

Presumably you will be signing off tomorrow - If so, bear in mind that you are under no obligation to give a reason or name the employer if anyone from the DWP/JCP ask. If you tell them of this job, the information will be passed on to Ingeus.

The training is for a job that isn't starting until late-July and is only for 11 days. Would I need to sign off during this? Obviously that's no problem but I don't want to sign off, do the work and then have to go through the long process of re-registering a claim and having to fill out all the forms again.

I've managed to avoid Ingeus for a few weeks now but unfortunately they sent me out a letter yesterday with a mandatory appointment for Friday. I imagine my advisor will be very snappy and patronising to me because I've been ignoring them and didn't go to their pointless "mock interview" a while ago. Sigh.

The training is for a job that isn't starting until late-July and is only for 11 days. Would I need to sign off during this? Obviously that's no problem but I don't want to sign off, do the work and then have to go through the long process of re-registering a claim and having to fill out all the forms again.

I imagine my [ingeus] advisor will be very snappy and patronising to me because I've been ignoring them and didn't go to their pointless "mock interview" a while ago. Sigh.

Do you get paid for this training ?

If so, I'd suggest discussing with a JCP adviser - They may suggest that you do the training and then declare money you got paid, or they could tell you that you'd need to sign off and do a rapid reclaim when it is finished.

If it is unpaid training (that sucks....), the JCP adviser may tell you that you'd need to discuss it with Ingeus... Either way, you would not be "available for work" and wouldn't technically be eligible to claim JSA whilst doing the training.

A4e used to have a "promise" in one of their documents (I think they still use it) that said "We will treat you how we ourselves would like to be treated" - My response was "OK. You patronise, insult, and denigrate me, I will reciprocate. If you don't know what those big words mean, feel free to look them up in a dictionary.".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

A4e used to have a "promise" in one of their documents (I think they still use it) that said "We will treat you how we ourselves would like to be treated

When i was at A4e my advisor (who was totally useless) used to treat me like a 5 yr old, if id of known at the time. she always wanted to be treated like a 5 yr old. i would of happily done it.

Just read bout a guy on a different thread who has been sent back to normal jsa fortnightly singings on since he finished post work programme support - first time ive heard of the jobcentre doing that - Lucky guy!

TJR JNR

Just read bout a guy on a different thread who has been sent back to normal jsa fortnightly singings on since he finished post work programme support - first time ive heard of the jobcentre doing that - Lucky guy!

Mine was fortnightly signing and seeing the one who is far from support on the 13th time

Mine was fortnightly signing and seeing the one who is far from support on the 13th time

Mine eventualy went to fortnightly signings on but im still on post work programme support they havnt taken me off it like the guy i was talkin about said had happened to him - has anybody actualy been put on "help to work" scheme yet ?

TJR JNR

Mine eventualy went to fortnightly signings on but im still on post work programme support they havnt taken me off it like the guy i was talkin about said had happened to him - has anybody actualy been put on "help to work" scheme yet ?

I hope it changes but they claimed it was gonna last till I had a job

Just got my next appointment letter

"continue to search and apply for jobs and email adviser with searches prior to appointment"

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AND CONTINUING SUPPORTING YOU TO FIND THE RIGHT JOB

Support? What jobs? Nothad an ounce of support in 4 months at INGEUS

Just got my next appointment letter

"continue to search and apply for jobs and email adviser with searches prior to appointment"

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AND CONTINUING SUPPORTING YOU TO FIND THE RIGHT JOB

Support? What jobs? Nothad an ounce of support in 4 months at INGEUS

I never went to ingeous i had my work programme with Avanta

TJR JNR

Had a very professional email from my advisor when I enquired what time my next appointment was.

'Hi Hun, tomorrow at 10:30'

Very businesslike.

i swore never to bother with email as they never seem to be read or even seen until you are there in their face

'Hi Hun, tomorrow at 10:30'

Definition (from various dictionaries):

Hun

1. A member of a warlike Asiatic nomadic people who invaded and ravaged Europe in the 4th-5th centuries.
  2. Derogatory word for German or protestant, esp in Northern Ireland.
  3. Dirty, filthy, smelly, bigoted Rangers fan with a huge chip on both shoulders. The sort of person who hates everyone and ironically, any decent person hates them.

Today is the seventieth anniversary of the D Day landings in Normandy, and July 28th will mark one hundred years since the commencement of the Great War. In light of these two events, to be addressed as 'Hun' could be seen as being offensive.

If it had been me, I'd be ripping his/her ear off :-x

i finish the my 2 year sentence at my WP on the 5th July but i have an post work program appointment at the JCP on the 30th of June i'm guessing that i don't have to sign anything that JCP put in-front of me until my WP is truly over i'm i correct?

Finished with Ingeus at LAST!

My advisor asked me why I didn't answer his phonecalls or reply to his emails. I told him I just wanted to be left alone to find work because I didn't think they were helping me. He told me I have a bad attitude and that "everyone else is happy to come here and recieve our help". I couldn't argue with him because I was so ****ed off and I couldn't even make eye contact I felt I was going to explode. I told him I'd had one interview per week for the last three weeks and was unsuccessful, he said "well you need to work on your interview skills since they haven't offered you a job" which I took offense to. I'm not saying I'm great in interviews but I've had three jobs in the past and have one in the summer coming up so clearly I'm not exactly rubbish at them. I thought I was free at last but he told me I now need to go into another town (further away from my home than Ingeus) at 8:30am on Tuesday for a group induction for some new company called Direct Learning who will be "taking care of me" for the next 6 months.

ARGHH!

I am at INGEUS again on Thursday, no doubt being told I need to sharpen up on my interview skills etc because I didn't get the job I was after. You all know how that will be met by me don't you?! Hopefully I can get in and get out of the dump in 5 minutes again

I am at INGEUS again on Thursday, no doubt being told I need to sharpen up on my interview skills etc because I didn't get the job I was after. You all know how that will be met by me don't you?! Hopefully I can get in and get out of the dump in 5 minutes again

Oh yes, you can bet the adviser will turn it all into your fault - 'Well, if you'd let us help you, you might have got the job, etc'

Give 'em hell.. but be careful about telling them that a more suitable person got the job, or else they'll try and stick you on some course to 'bring your skills up to date' ! If you wanted to be tactless you could say to the adviser 'Awww..were you already planning how to spend your job outcome bonus then?' :)

I am at INGEUS again on Thursday, no doubt being told I need to sharpen up on my interview skills etc because I didn't get the job I was after.

If it were me, I'd say nothing about the interview. No point in giving them ammunition to use against you.

Finished with Ingeus at LAST!

My advisor asked me why I didn't answer his phonecalls or reply to his emails. I told him I just wanted to be left alone to find work because I didn't think they were helping me. He told me I have a bad attitude and that "everyone else is happy to come here and recieve our help". I couldn't argue with him because I was so ****ed off and I couldn't even make eye contact I felt I was going to explode. I told him I'd had one interview per week for the last three weeks and was unsuccessful, he said "well you need to work on your interview skills since they haven't offered you a job" which I took offense to. I'm not saying I'm great in interviews but I've had three jobs in the past and have one in the summer coming up so clearly I'm not exactly rubbish at them. I thought I was free at last but he told me I now need to go into another town (further away from my home than Ingeus) at 8:30am on Tuesday for a group induction for some new company called Direct Learning who will be "taking care of me" for the next 6 months.

ARGHH!

You have to sympathise with any Welfare To Work Clerk for such delusions....if they wanted to "help" job seekers, they would have returned to school and college (assuming that they had GCSE's), trained to be a Professional Careers Adviser, and after being employed in this capacity for 3-5 years, may then be taken seriously as a credible authority to disperse careers advice. But, sadly, Welfare To Work Clerks are not that qualified, and as much as they may be lucky to be employed, they are really extending themselves beyond their domain of competence.