• Tweets

• Thank you again. I'm hoping it will come out in the wash and will endeavour to check my online account. I'm a bit unsettled by not hearing from Booking.com but the host is sounding helpful at the moment. HB
    • I've just remembered that a friend of mine had bookings cancelled on Booking.com about a month ago - and the good news is that all worked out in the wash. I'm at work now but will scribble properly in a couple of hours with the full tale.
    • Thank you Dave. I've had nothing from Booking.com, just a message via the site from the host. I know I need to check my bank account, just trying to resolve some technical issues. HB  
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre Name of the Claimant ? JC INTERNATIONAL AQUISITION How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self Date of issue – 22 May 2024  Particulars of Claim What is the claim for – 1. The def owes the claimant £300 in respect of gas and electricity charges supplied by OVO. 2. Debt was assigned to the claimant with notice given to the def. 3. Despite formal demand the def has failed to pay the debt and the claimant claims £300 and further claims interest pursuant to s69 of the CCA 1984. What is the total value of the claim? £385 Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Energy debt When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Moved home and they were the current energy supplier  Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax/Etc...) ? No Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt assigned to JC International Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure probably  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Again can't remember but probably  Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No Why did you cease payments? Changed supplier What was the date of your last payment? Never  Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No
    • Their FAQs state - Cancellations and modifications If your booking has been cancelled, Booking.com refunds you immediately. The processing time may take 7 to 10 days and depends on your bank. If you have questions, contact your bank directly. I'm a regular Booking.com and AirBnB user.  The former have never cancelled.  The latter have and my money was refunded immediately (not that that helps you as we're not talking about AirBnB!) Best to check with your bank and see (a) if you did pay in advance and (b) if it has been refunded. Also, have you received a message from Booking.com officially stating the cancellation?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My WP provider told me that's not her job.

Ah well you see, we got told they had special teams out working with employers and had access to job vacancies not available anywhere else. We had this 'inspirational' speech giving great examples of people who had joined WP and through them had found work the very next day.

Hell, I believe all that crap ;-)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah well you see, we got told they had special teams out working with employers and had access to job vacancies not available anywhere else. We had this 'inspirational' speech giving great examples of people who had joined WP and through them had found work the very next day.

Hell, I believe all that crap ;-)

So did I

They way they spoke made it sound like they had a dedicated team on it every minute of the working day

Reality is - they can't even get you employed at Burger King

when i was on the W.P one of the secretly sourced jobs were 100 positions at the Nissan car plant. which was so hush hush that only ingeus,the J.C.P, local news papers/t.v, adverts on local transport for an open day and a piece on newsnight knew about it.

special teams out working with employers = google+indeed

How come they send you on 18 week appointments to a sub contractor when they are hell bent on making money for themselves?

I was sent to a company called "Sencia" which are part of the ESG group, they have links with Ingeus. I assume Ingeus would still get a cut even if someone got a job whilst with Sencia.

From what I've been told, only awkward clients and those who are difficult to find work for get sent to a subbie...

I was sent to a company called "Sencia" which are part of the ESG group, they have links with Ingeus. I assume Ingeus would still get a cut even if someone got a job whilst with Sencia.

From what I've been told, only awkward clients and those who are difficult to find work for get sent to a subbie...

I always applied for my jobs and told my advisor about everyone of them, although prior to getting sent on this 18 week thing I called up sick to 2 appointments in a row, even though I wasn't, was that probably why? And I'd been attending ingeus for 6 months when sent on it,and it was a company called 'jet' I already attended there and e-mailed my advisor to ask could i be referred elsewhere, she referred me back to her at ingeus for weekly appointments with interview practice, advanced interview teqnuques etc, and that was the main area I was struggling in. And to top it off I expected to get a change of advisor and she kept me with her to my disappointment

Edited by G4C389

I'm sure there will be some advantage to Ingeus to sub out their clients - whether financial or just so they can say 'Well, he got extra qualifications from going there so we're being seen to be doing good for him'. Usual rubbish! It may be just a way to get you out of the way for a few weeks while the concentrate on other clients. I'm certainly glad they did it for me, as I mentioned previously the place I went - Learn Direct - was very pleasant indeed, even if the qualifications I got were extremely basic and no real use to me, being already very experienced. Not their fault of course, as they have to try and cater for all levels.

While I was there I asked a few questions and was told that they only got £100 per person for the 18 weeks..my travelling expenses would come to more than that so they're not making anything. No idea what Ingeus are getting though (or from whom).

It really is important to know the rules when dealing with an awkward WP. My advisor once tried to make a verbal appointment for me and was most put out when I quoted their contract with the DWP which clearly stated that all mandatory appointments MUST be made in writing and either handed or posted to the client. I even offered to mention it to her manager, as I'm such a nice guy, but she quickly printed me off a proper appointment letter :). Never accept anything verbally - get it in writing and signed.

I'm sure there will be some advantage to Ingeus to sub out their clients - whether financial or just so they can say 'Well, he got extra qualifications from going there so we're being seen to be doing good for him'. Usual rubbish! It may be just a way to get you out of the way for a few weeks while the concentrate on other clients. I'm certainly glad they did it for me, as I mentioned previously the place I went - Learn Direct - was very pleasant indeed, even if the qualifications I got were extremely basic and no real use to me, being already very experienced. Not their fault of course, as they have to try and cater for all levels.

While I was there I asked a few questions and was told that they only got £100 per person for the 18 weeks..my travelling expenses would come to more than that so they're not making anything. No idea what Ingeus are getting though (or from whom).

It really is important to know the rules when dealing with an awkward WP. My advisor once tried to make a verbal appointment for me and was most put out when I quoted their contract with the DWP which clearly stated that all mandatory appointments MUST be made in writing and either handed or posted to the client. I even offered to mention it to her manager, as I'm such a nice guy, but she quickly printed me off a proper appointment letter :). Never accept anything verbally - get it in writing and signed.

Some time ago there was a post on the pimp site - Indus Delta. It was from an ex pimp employee and told how she was responsible for keeping track of the money between the pimp and Learn Direct. The going pimp rate for a completed basic literacy and numeracy course was £1300!! That's just the pimp slice of the action so you'd have to allow for the fact that Learn Direct would earn on top of that. Very Lucrative and all funded by ESF money.

Even I would be nice to you for that sort of money!

i missed a call from ingeus this morning, i called them back and they said they will call me back this afternoon at some point..could it be possible i'll have an appointment with them tommorow or are they just booking for the new year? :/

When i was with the sub-contractor i found out that they get £40-£50 per course, per client! This soon adds up when a course is only 2-3 hours long, and 8-10 clients participate in a "mornings education" :|...

I did 6 courses whilst i was with Sencia, so the money soon mounts up! I don't know the true figures but I'm guessing £200-£300 for the courses i completed etc.

Easy money hey!!!!

When i was with the sub-contractor i found out that they get £40-£50 per course, per client! This soon adds up when a course is only 2-3 hours long, and 8-10 clients participate in a "mornings education" :|...

I did 6 courses whilst i was with Sencia, so the money soon mounts up! I don't know the true figures but I'm guessing £200-£300 for the courses i completed etc.

Easy money hey!!!!

If you already possess the skills and qualifications which would allow you to do the type of job that the course delved into, then if any party made money because you were present, then there may be a case of fraud.

Do advisors take abuse of certain clients? I was there 1 time and a old fella said to an advisor who was trying to help him 'kiss my **s', and the advisor didnt even kick off at him, I personally would of, that's a step too far.

I wonder how many advisors have been disciplined for being unfair, rude or laughing because they sanctioned someone?

I treat people with the respect they deserve, do unto those as they do unto you :-)

Yes that's a good point, but I met that advisor a few times and she was alright, it crossed my mind at the time to think what someone like that doing a job like this for?

Do advisors take abuse of certain clients? I was there 1 time and a old fella said to an advisor who was trying to help him 'kiss my **s', and the advisor didnt even kick off at him, I personally would of, that's a step too far.

I guess the problem is, they have to be professional at all times. Even when clients are kicking off.

I guess the problem is, they have to be professional at all times. Even when clients are kicking off.

I was doing a job search on a computer 1 time and my advisor was say down with another client, the client said something which I didn't hear, then my advisor went 'ehh watch the attitude', I didn't know what he said th her for that reaction so I can't really give an opinion on that

I was doing a job search on a computer 1 time and my advisor was say down with another client, the client said something which I didn't hear, then my advisor went 'ehh watch the attitude', I didn't know what he said to her for that reaction so I can't really give an opinion on it, I found it difficult to believe as she doesn't look the type to react like that, but then again I think that job could turn even the nicest of people touchy

tbh the comment made by the old feela was pretty damn tame to what has been said to me at work previously!

In answer to the question no members of staff are required to sit there and be subjected to physical or verbal abuse. There is supposed to be zero tolerance on unacceptable behaviour, however as a loto people accept that foul and abusive language is now part of everyday speak a lot is overlooked.

If I ever spoke like that in retaliation in the office I would be sacked on the spot I expect however I was once approached on a weekend when out with my two young children verbal abused and at that point had to stop my husband from belting the "man" but I simply said to my husband to take our children away as I wanted to deal with it myself, I then left the "man" without any doubt of what I thought of the unacceptable behaviour in public and in front of my children too. I cannot believe that I stopped my self from swearing back at him but I reported it to the management on the Monday morning and when he next came in to sign he was asked to see thae office manager who informed him that it wasunacceptable to approach me in that manner out of work hours and that if it happened gain he would be reported to the police.

I don't put up with it at work and I will ask the person to watch their language if ot continues then I either terminate the teleohone call or get and leave the desk, I am not paid to be abused.

When working for the DWP and a particular job with Leeds City Council, we gained quite a collection of threats. I have been threatened with:

Being set on fire, stabbed, shot, beaten, and I was threatened with being personally sued more times than I can even recall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, working as a benefit adviser, I got a telephone death threat from an employer who was upset that I'd advised one of his staff members about the fact he was holding back half her maternity pay (and claiming the full amount from HMRC, so making a profit), and that her and the other staff were not being paid minimum wage - and told her to report him to HMRC.

Never had too many problems working at DWP. A few people swearing down the phone, but they soon calmed down when I explained that I couldn't sort out the claim until they answered the questions, and I warned I would put the phone down when they swore at me.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I have been verbally abused more times than I can remember, I have been held at knife point, received a bomb threat for te office, been told that someone would put a bomb under my car (didn't even drive then so would have had a job), spat at (which personally is one of the worst things that anyone could do), slapped, had my keyboard launched at me, had my phone thrown at me, pens, claim forms, kids toys (the plastic rattle really friggin hurt too), and had a portable cd case bounce of my head.

Acceptable behaviour?

Why do I put up with this behaviour? because every now and again I come across 1 person who is in absolute genuine need of honest help and if I can do that then sod the neanderthals who think the above is acceptable behaviour just because I happen to sit behind a desk at JCP. I honestly wonder sometime how many people would do my job for less that £15k a year?

Crikey, people. I wouldn't dream of behaving like that to anyone. Quite shocking. I appreciate it's a bit off-topic, but in the four years I've been claiming ESA the DWP have been nothing but extremely helpful and understanding.

I have been verbally abused more times than I can remember, I have been held at knife point, received a bomb threat for te office, been told that someone would put a bomb under my car (didn't even drive then so would have had a job), spat at (which personally is one of the worst things that anyone could do), slapped, had my keyboard launched at me, had my phone thrown at me, pens, claim forms, kids toys (the plastic rattle really friggin hurt too), and had a portable cd case bounce of my head.

Acceptable behaviour?

Why do I put up with this behaviour? because every now and again I come across 1 person who is in absolute genuine need of honest help and if I can do that then sod the neanderthals who think the above is acceptable behaviour just because I happen to sit behind a desk at JCP. I honestly wonder sometime how many people would do my job for less that £15k a year?

Yep, the front of house staff always got worse treatment than we did, being mainly phone contact only - but maybe 15 years ago people were also more polite - not sure.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I expect that when people get unfairly sanctioned or treated badly then your going to get a backlash.

If you cant handle it just get a different job.

How rude. It's not Flumps fault that someone has been sanctioned. I am also sure that Flumps treats people with respect and rightfully expects the same in return.