Easyjet - Contact phone number (NON 0870)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been trying to contact Easyjet now for 1 week . . ..solid ! :mad:

None of the methods / numbers in this thread seem to work. I've been sitting here shouting 'help' every 5 seconds into the phone like an idiot.

Its like a bad dream. I booked flights in November 09 for flights this May. Last week Easyjet sent me an email saying the return leg of the flight had been cancelled . . . so I re-booked that leg with Ryan Air as Easy jets timetable didn't offer a suitable alternative. Then Easyjet sent another auto-email apologising for an error and saying the flight hadn't been cancelled just re-scheduled . . .but still with no info re. times. I've now found out its actually just a 2 hour delay so would have been fine - but they don't tell you that vital information in the email ! So I don't know whether we've got seats on the later Easyjet flight or not as I did ask for a refund . . .but my Easyjet account still shows us as having seats . . .and I've now got a Ryan air flight sitting as a back-up. Its ridiculous.

I'm considering driving to Liverpool Airport and door-stepping 'an Easyjet Human' but 99% of me thinks that it would be a complete waste of time - and even more expense. Has anyone had any success resolving Easyjet booking issues at the airport with a human ? . . . preferably at Liverpool.

Its obvious that during the course of this thread that Easyjets customer service is getting worse . . . .but how do you contact them or anyone else to complain about this. Low cost shouldn't mean NO service.

• 1 month later...

I too was having problems contacting Easyjet about compensation for denied boarding due to overbooked flight. Then I found a live webchat link at the bottom of this web page

What is your telephone number?

They did respond straight away but only to say that they do not give compensation unless specifically asked for (contrary to what their rep at the airport had said) and that I would have to telephone customer services! They said to ring up 0871 244 2366 and say 'Help' to skip all the options. This worked and I managed to speak to a customer services rep who emailed me to say that they would process my claim within 5-10 days. That was 5 months ago! And so began a long saga of emails backwards and forwards. 6 different customer service agents dealt with my issue, all utterly useless. I had to explain the situation over each time as they did not bother reading the whole thread of the email. On one occasion, an agent who had been involved earlier picked up the issue again and asked the same questions which I had already given him answers to on the previous occasion. When I pointed this out he apologised profusely and once again promised payment within 5 days - that was 2 months ago! Then of course we had the bad weather in Dec/Jan so that gave Easyjet another excuse for claiming that they were overwhelmed with emails and hence were taking longer to respond. Surprisingly though, several times, I got an automated email saying as they had not heard from me for 72 hours, they were closing my case. I was tempted to send an automated email of my own every day to ensure they kept the case open but the customer service agents were so incompetent, I thought they would only get confused! So instead I wrote to the Air Transport Users Council

The UK's Consumer Watchdog for the Aviation Industry | AUC Home

They take up to 4 weeks to reply but at least they tell you that at the outset. Only last week I got a copy of the letter the AUC had written to Easyjet and to my astonishment, the money due to me was in my account within 3 days of the date of the letter. I believe the ATC has the authority to fine airlines £500 per unresolved case. Whatever the reason, I wish I had not stressed myself and taken this step earlier. So my advice to anyone else in a similar situation is to save yourself time and trouble and take up your complaint with the Air Transport Users Council.

• 3 weeks later...

17th April

I tried 0871 244 2366 and said 'help' at each option but, after a number of options, was cut off. :mad:

Then tried the number given in the Guardian - 01582 525422 but got a dead tone. :(

Next tried 0871 244 2377 and this number was answered fairly quickly, without automated options, by a real person Paula who, in spite of putting me on hold for a few minutes (not sure why as she had all the relevant details :confused:) did deal with my query and arranged for the refund of my cancelled flight. So suggest people try this number first. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Booked a flight and hotel for six people (complete package) with easyjet (total £3500) so pretty scared if I had to change anything especially after reading this forum. Yep you guessed it, I needed to change a name and also correct two mistakes on other names (defaulted the 'Mr' option for everyone when I had to re-enter payment details and didn't notice it at the time). Changed the name online and phoned re the mistakes (and you also have to ask them to contact the hotel as this can't be done automatically). I tried the 0871 244 2366 number late at night and no human option and then just cut off. Used the 0871 244 2377 number at 08.30. Answered by Hubert immediately, changed the mistakes within seconds and contacted the hotel (free of charge) all done within 3 minutes! I know not everybody has got that service but I have to give it 5 out of 5. Make sure the call is in office hours and at a quiet time if possible.

Got to love CAG! :-D

I tried to call EJ this am on the regular number, automated stuff, cut me of after 10 mns of useless waffle and irrelevant menus, that'll be £1. :mad:

2nd try, I thought, hang on, let's check CAG 1st, and here we are!

I can confirm that the 0871 244 2377, after the obligatory "calls may be recorded" crap, was answered instantly by a very nice chap. Turns out that he couldn't help after all, but at least he knew the answers and knew them fast! :razz:

I just tried 0870 244 2377 and 0890 244 2366

- both were an answerphone.

But on the EasyJet website I found "live chat" which helped me:

go to: What is your telephone number?

then scroll down, click the "+" next to United Kingdom, then click the "click here to chat live" button, which takes you to a Secure Live Chat page.

I got the help I needed straight away :)

• 2 months later...
I know there have been quite a few threads in this forum regarding Easyjet customer services and the fact that the only number available to customers is an 0870 number.

There was an article in The Guardian yesterday and it gave out this number 01582 525422 so if anyone is still trying to contact them via telephone you could give this a try.

Tried the 01582 525422 number twic. Both times showing as "disconnected". Had to use the 10p per minute 0870 number. Took 1 min 48 secs to find that they were busy.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone...

Could do with some advice.

Last night tried to book with Easyjet, but they seemed to have problems with their website. I wasn't sure if my payment had gone through as after entering my card details I just got to a kind of error page.

However, after checking my emails, I had received no less than 6 confirmations. All of these said 'your card ending xxxx has been charged £41.65' (or similar amount). Called my bank who confirmed this, but were not able to put a stop payment on these transactions nor help with very much at all, apart from tell me if I didn't pay the money in I'd be charged (as now over my limit).

And on to Easyjet...They were closed last night, so have been trying to call since 8am today. One 30 minutes phone call, one 10 minute call to the 0870 number. Have also tried the other numbers on this forum to no avail. This afternoon I will be charged by my bank, and feel kind of robbed. Am I likely to get any help from Easyjet, presuming I can ever get through?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

@WS82 : I have been trying to get a rebate for a Christmas flight cancelled owing to bad weather, since December. I shall now follow khichro's advice and contact the Air Transport Users' Council, which has now merged with the Civil Aviation Authority. follow the link khichro has posted and you will be redirected to the new page.

I wish us both the best of luck!