Reclaim PPI on fully repaid Egg loan **** SUCCESS ****

Gusolo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Egg are refusing to send me the paperwork on my loans I arranged with them late 2005 as they have already been fully repaid.

Has anyone else managed to successfully request their paperwork from them on a repaid loan? Need to start the ball rolling on reclaiming PPI which I believe I was mis-sold :|

Hi gus

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

Send them a SAR request with a payment of £10. Send it Recorded, they have 40 days to respond. If they don't respond send them a chase letter giving a further 7 days. Then lodge a complaint with the ICO. Details of claiming PPI back are found in numbers (2) and (3) in my signature.

Hi Gus. I am in a similar situation with egg.

I sent them a SAR for a loan taken in 2002 and fully paid in 2005. They kept the tenner, and sent me a letter stating that they don't deal with anything older than 6 yrs.

I have now sent them a LBA for the PPI. Have a look at my thread here for updates :)

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses, I'm currently in correspondence with them via their secure messaging service so I'll mention the SAR (not sure I want to waste £10!)

sgianthebard - interesting stuff, I'll keep an eye on your thread :-)

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses, I'm currently in correspondence with them via their secure messaging service so I'll mention the SAR (not sure I want to waste £10!)

sgianthebard - interesting stuff, I'll keep an eye on your thread :-)

I know it sounds odd but I guess you have made sure you have valid grounds for a ppi reclaim?

Assuming you have, then your £10 will not be wasted as you will have far more than that to come back from them. Their 6 years gubbins is just a fob off. You may find that the only way to get ALL the paperwork is to SAR them and take it from there.

Don't let them off the hook

ims

Would anyone know once/if Egg send me all the necessary paperwork whether it indicates how the loans were applied for? (by phone, online etc.) It was so long ago I cant recall how!

You should get full details of ALL your dealings with them and I mean Full and ALL.

From the nformation they rovide you should be able to estalish what was what.

ims

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Ok I have just received a load of paper from Egg but cannot find where I agreed to add PPI on my original loan but can see a pre-ticked box for my top up loan in 2006!

I guess I just have to contact them now to go through this and see what happens!

From the statements and transaction history, coupled with the copies of the loan agreements you should have received, you should be able to work out what your claim is.

ims

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ..Sorry to drag this thread back up but if it helps I finished a loan with EGG and then claimed for PPI and to be honest all I did was sent a template letter. I didnt even delete the bits I was supposed to delete on the letter, no SAR, no nothing just a bog standard template letter a got from the net somewhere and EGG sent me cheque for £700/800. This was prior to Barclays and I am having all sorts of problems with the current vultures. Good Luck

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Barclaycard (wife) £1,080.43 Refunded

Barclaycard (me) SAR in progress

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

MBNA ..........SAR in progress. Charges & PPI from 1996 - present!

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

It's taken me a while to get round to this but I'm just about to send my letter off to them, discovered the original loan was agreed over the phone...will let you know how it goes!

Am using the PPI-consumer-questionnaire.doc template available on the FOS website

It's taken me a while to get round to this but I'm just about to send my letter off to them, discovered the original loan was agreed over the phone...will let you know how it goes!

Am using the PPI-consumer-questionnaire.doc template available on the FOS website

Good luck with your claim and doo keep us updated with progress

Regards

ims

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi ims,

I received a cheque from Egg yesterday, consider this a win!!

Gusolo

Excellent

Have changed the thread title to reflect your success

Well done and enjoy your winnings

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover itsexpenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

• 5 months later...

I took out an Egg Loan in 2002 for 60 months to consolidate cards etc and have some work done at home. The loan was £15900 and £3452 was then added on top for PPI - total amount £19352 !!

I don't recall adding ppi or being asked the question / given the choice. What value would be the anticipated reimbursement, should I brace myself for a battle ?

Edited by lates
typo

I took out an Egg Loan in 2002 for 60 months to consolidate cards etc and have some work done at home. The loan was £15900 and £3452 was then added on top for PPI - total amount £19352 !!

I don't recall adding ppi or being asked the question / given the choice. What value would be the anticipated reimbursement, should I brace myself for a battle ?

If you start your own thread we can help you with your PPI issue.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

• 3 months later...
Hi ..Sorry to drag this thread back up but if it helps I finished a loan with EGG and then claimed for PPI and to be honest all I did was sent a template letter. I didnt even delete the bits I was supposed to delete on the letter, no SAR, no nothing just a bog standard template letter a got from the net somewhere and EGG sent me cheque for £700/800. This was prior to Barclays and I am having all sorts of problems with the current vultures. Good Luck

Hi have you a phone number for egg loans we have a letter from them with the amount payable to us sent back the confirmation letter but nothing no cheque!!! If you have a number please could you forward it to me many thanks