Tax credit fraud so frightened

CDJ755
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NB I too have had stupid thoughts.....but they are thoughts, my kids mean the world to me...and no matter what I will always be here for them.

I also feel better for ringing them, but know I have a lot of explaining to do at the interview I have next week, with housing benefit, I ask myself over and over again, why....have I been such a fool, but I had to survive...and now I think...well I probably wont beable to afford to stay where I am once all this is sorted out....but again this is all down to me. Anyone reading this...if you are in a bad situation then do something about it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya so glad i found this thread because i feeling so frightened and not had good nite sleep i just send my letter from saying what i have done and now woundering if everyone what will happen now and how long its takes will have go court or jail ? i have not told them about change in childcare wen my son wen on fund places ? i have not dare to call them just to worred what will happen now ! if everryone as have a reley from them if so what happen ? im dreading the reley comin thourght the door ! hope someone can help me just cant belive what i have done ?

AJ, all you can do is wait and see what they say, I was going to send a letter but I thought it best I phone up, my situation is a little different, as I do pay for childcare but the amount I claimed has differed from the amount I have actually paid, (another stupid error on my part)....I am in a lot of trouble, not only with the tax credits but with housing benefit too...so I knew I had to sort everything out, I think from what I have read on here, they are going to be getting a few calls about this....its so hard to admit you made a mistake, but by telling them at least you are now on the right road. If you have the courage, then ring them, I was shaking when I rang, but it had to be done. x

hiya so glad i found this thread because i feeling so frightened and not had good nite sleep i just send my letter from saying what i have done and now woundering if everyone what will happen now and how long its takes will have go court or jail ? i have not told them about change in childcare wen my son wen on fund places ? i have not dare to call them just to worred what will happen now ! if everryone as have a reley from them if so what happen ? im dreading the reley comin thourght the door ! hope someone can help me just cant belive what i have done ?

Hi Again AJ. how much do you think you might have overclaimed by?

AJ

Read some other threads....they might give you some more answers to your questions...I will come back and update on my situation when I know more...! Just a bit of advice though, did you send the letter recorded delivery, as I have sent things to tax credits before and nearly everytime it has been lost, so anything I send to them now is always sent recorded or special delivery, might be worth you ringing them to ask if your letter has been received.

hiya annie, thanks yes i send recorded post ! yeah keep me updated on everything i hope u get it sort soon and let u no what happen to me fingers cross it all works out for all us !

• 3 weeks later...

Im so glad i have stumbled across this forum! Im in such a state myself :( I claimed working tax credit and childcare element last year when i first started work, a week later i found myself out of that job and as hard as i tried getting though to tax credits i counldnt, i only have a mobile an it was costing me a huge amount each day to listen to the hold tune.

In the end a lot of personal issues happened, my mum and dad started nasty divorce proceedings, and my mum was arrested and remove from the house for a while, im currently living at home so me and both my children would have to witness this. I started trying to save some of the money i was getting from tax credits but previous debts had caught up with me and were demaanding payment. I couldnt bare to have them turn up at my mum and dads door while all this stress was going on that i agree to pay them off, the only way i could though was with the tax credits. This contuined for 6/7 months and i got deeper and deeper into depression. One day i snapped though and rang ax credits and stopped the claim, but the damage is already done.

Im in such a panic about this, i have the debt collectors chasing me for money i cannot pay, ive lost all my stuff in storage because i cannot afford to pay the fees anymore, im losing the will to live. I love my children to much though and they are the only things i have left in this world. No home, memories lost in storage, no money, debt, a junkie ex partner.

II hate myself for claiming it and cannot describe how sorry iam. im a horrible terrible person. No one knows what I have done but now i have recieved the letter asking for childcare recipts etc. Which i do not have.

Im terrified what is going to happen, and i thankyou all for posting on here as i do not feel quite so alone now, but im still terrified. Im going to have to call or right to tax credits on Monday and im dreading it.

I think i owe 13000 roughly. will i go to prison? Will i be investigated? I just dont wantt my kids taken away i would have nothing left.

Im so stupid and in a way hate tax credits for making it so easy! I would never wish this feeling on anyone.

Thank you, I may just do that. Im currently sitting here writing my confession to tax credits. It is one of the hardest things i have done but I know I must face the outcome of my behaviour. I thank the people on this thread for confessing on here, as i fear I may of stuck my head in the sand if it hadnt been for the fact I can now talk about it. For all the other people out there who are dealing with the same thing, please speak about it on here, Ive been going though this alone and its been tearing me up inside. We are guilty of what we have done but we are still human and bottling it up will do us no good. I will update this thread with my progress as I would like to give other people going though this the chance to see what might happen if you stand up and admit your wrong doing.

I too have received the letter of doom, i received mine on Friday and have been chewed since, I can't, eat I can't sleep I'm constantly fretting about it.

My son was at Nursery full time up until March 2010 he then started school half days and then started school full time in the September 2010. I wanted to ring and update my claim but like many I had mounting debts and the tax credits were helping keep a roof over mine and my childrens heads. But now this letter turns up requesting childcare receipts since April 2010 which I can supply upto Aug 2010 I worked out I have an overpayment of around 3000 as I was still claiming full time childcare provision.

I had a miscarriage in the March when my son started school half days and my head was all over the place and never changed the repayments to part time provision along with the mounting debts I was way over my head and continued to defraud the tax credits system, I feel terrible and i'm absolutley terrified and i know i can't bury my head in the sand any longer.

Last month I finally seeked help with my debts and have entered into a DMP with payplan which eleviated some of the strain but i still struggle paying for essentials like a weekly shop, and god forbid when the children need shoes or clothes I have to ask for hand outs from my mum. I am a single parent who has made a really stupid mistake and I have been caught out and i'm so afraid of the consequences.

Lloyds Credit card - £6K - PPI and interest refunded - £1200 remain F&F sent & accepted £360

Lloyds Overdraft - £620 - charges & interest refunded - £188.10 remain F&F sent & accepted £56

Black Horse loan - £10K - £2879 remain - F&F sent and rejected - CCA sent 3/6/13 deadline

Orange - £128 - £39 remain although CRA file states £11

Orange - £132 - £51.06 remain although CRA file states £45

Next stage F&F's to be sent - a step closer to being debt free

Thank you, I may just do that. Im currently sitting here writing my confession to tax credits. It is one of the hardest things i have done but I know I must face the outcome of my behaviour. I thank the people on this thread for confessing on here, as i fear I may of stuck my head in the sand if it hadnt been for the fact I can now talk about it. For all the other people out there who are dealing with the same thing, please speak about it on here, Ive been going though this alone and its been tearing me up inside. We are guilty of what we have done but we are still human and bottling it up will do us no good. I will update this thread with my progress as I would like to give other people going though this the chance to see what might happen if you stand up and admit your wrong doing.

Hello there, well done for coming on and sharing. Your already a step in the right direction. I considered burrying my head in the sand but thankfully this thread has made me face it head on. Your best bet is to write everything you have just wrote above to the compliance officer. The longer you leave it for, the worse the feeling gets. Have you any idea how much you might owe? Mines rougly 13000! Shocking I know. I have wrote my letter today and am about to go send it off. We all make mistakes and as long as we don't make matters worse for ourselfs we can hope tax credits will be understanding. Your get some great advice from this forum so please don't feel alone :) I'm here if you need to chat x

hiya, 3 weeks on still not heard off them after sending the letter say what i done ! not had good nite sleep for 3 weeks just keep thinking about it all the time ! as soon as i no let u all no !

I received a letter last Friday saying I should have made a joint claim and that I'd been claiming as a single person. Like everyone I had my reasons! I'm not going to try and make it sound right because it's not ! However after 5 nights of panic and stress I called the number on my letter an 0161 number and the man I spoke with was so very lovely ! He said it's just one of those things gave me a very rough calculation of what I owe. To all of you out there in a similar situation take a deep breath and call to my suprise they don't bite !!

hiya just a updated my sons nursey tell me today that tax credits phone to check that they done the receipts ! so feeling more stressed now no they lookin at my claim today !

Hi AJ

At least they are looking at your claim now and sorting it out, but understand how worrying it is, when I rang to let them know my childcare costs were different to what I quoted, the gentleman told me to get the costs and send them in with a covering letter, this week I now have all the revelvant costs, detailed in a letter from both my providers and have written a covering letter, which I shall be sending shortly, mine all came about when I had a housing benefit problem and realised my childcare costs were incorrect, so had no choice but to phone them when I realised the costs were different, he did say it is a particulary busy time at the moment with all the renewals, and I shouldnt expect to hear back from them straight away, as it is my providers have taken their time to get back to me, so as I said I am sending everything in this week, has anyone else who has posted on this thread, heard back from them, please do keep everyone updated as to what has happened, as it does help other people in similar situations, when reading this thread. I will be so relieved when all my mess is sorted out.

I know i might be a little late in replying sorryyou may well have had this sorted by now or notjust to let you know i was in the same boat and have stepped in your shoes you wont be prosecuted firstly - and i didnt even get a penaltyi owe then £20,000 and they just ask how much you can pay a month/weektell them as little as possible and then if you can aford a little more its a bonusmost importantly dont worryi did got myself in some state had myself in prison and flinging myself of a cliff but now my life is back to normal and i am just £70 worst off a monthJ :)

Hi Joanne1975 - such a relief to hear from someone who has been through this and get to know the outcome - my tax credit claim is in the middle of a review - I have sent them the information they requested and owned up to claiming more than I should have but that was three weeks ago and to date I still haven't heard back from them.... How long did it take for them to reply? I want to ring them but am terrified so have just done everything in writing so far. Have in-boxed you with more information

hi everyone, i just wanted to let you all know i had same letter regarding childcare costs in may and was sick with worry as i hadnt told them my daughter stopped attending nursuary, mine is all sorted now i just told them when she left and told them i had forgotton just be honest as they will find out anyway, i owe them £4000 and they are taking £150 per month of my payment to take overpayment hope this helps x

hiya everyone just a other updated just been on my bank and tax credits pay payments today but i dont normal get payments till friday so now just wait for the letter its differnt amount then normal so i hope sort repayments out now ! so will let u all no when i get a letter or something ?

Hi All I had my normal tax credits payment yesterday and have just been and checked my statement and £199 has been paid in again today?? so I am thinking they have finalised my award, but no letter yet?? just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Yep Moo Moo. I received my reward and back payment but no letter yet. Phoned DWP and apparently it's in the post.

Hi there I have had my letter today and all it says is that my award is fine and does not need to be amended and the case is now closed?? I am hoping that is the end of it, I am now waiting for my award notice. I am now keeping ALL receipts :)