Advice please? Moorcroft Orange debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck Dragon22. it's fine to post up here when you get the next nasty threat-o-gram with lots of red ink and bold lettering. it will make your stomach churn until you get used to it! Just remember not to talk on the phone and to say 'in writing only please' then put it down. You'll be fine! In fact, read up on here and in no time at all you'll be dishing out the same good advice to Dragon 23!!! x

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't a wind up at all

I've just heard horror stories about moorcroft and don't want to do the wrong thing thats all

i apologise

and thanks for your help

Morning dragon

Nothing to apologise for

We have all been there for varying reasons and find our way here, that's when things change

The advice/support given by caggers is amazing, no one judges anyone

I hope the leg pull with cb's letter has helped to give you a comical insight into DCA behaviour

The situation has worried you and I guess it's made worse by what you've read but for what ever Moorcroft want to throw at you there's stuff you can throw back

Keep the thread up to date and/or pop back when ever you want

Have a good weekend

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hey guys thanks a lot for the advice

Just thought i'd update

So i'm now officially late with my payment today

So what will happen now?

I've heard so many stories of people having to pay more a month because they missed a payment with Moorcroft

can they force me to do that?

Just want to put my mind at rest

Thank you

Moorcr@p CANNOT force anyone to do anything, they have no legal powers or authority over you. They are simply a petty puerile third party in the business of doing others dirty work and feeding off peoples misery.

All that will happen now is their computer will commence sending you toilet paper with threatening words and sentences on, all of them make for good hamster bedding. All they are is an attempt to intimidate you with their pathetic willy waving!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Welcome back dragon

Hope you had a good weekend

DCA's would have you believe you have to sell a kidney to raise funds but if you can only afford £1 that's all you send

They love to come across as big and brave but as you learn more you realise that they're not

Regards

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

lol @ Bazooka. If I remember correctly, when I missed a payment to moorcroft, they actually sent me a letter saying I was in arrears!

What happened with that?

I don't want to make things worse

I can't pay anything until the 28th now

Once they've sent the letter asking for the full amount

if i pay on the 28th what will happen then?

will they keep pestering me for more?

@ Revenant - I can't even afford £1 until the 28th

@ Bazooka - So once they've sent me that letter what do i then do?

After that they sent more and more letters then finally gave up about 6 months later. I havn't paid them since. Don't worry about missing the payment. The arrangement you had may as well be have written in crayon on the back of a cigarette packet.

After that they sent more and more letters then finally gave up about 6 months later. I havn't paid them since. Don't worry about missing the payment. The arrangement you had may as well be have written in crayon on the back of a cigarette packet.

Seriously?

I'd heard that if you miss a payment with them they raise the monthly amount

oh they'll demand that you do, but thats the point we are making. You can pay what YOU want when YOU want. Every letter they send should be translated as ' pleeeease send us some money '. All they can do is send empty threats with words highlighted in bold and in red. words such as 'court' and 'litigation'. but all these words are preceded with words such as 'may' and 'could'. Really, don't worry! :-)

oh they'll demand that you do, but thats the point we are making. You can pay what YOU want when YOU want. Every letter they send should be translated as ' pleeeease send us some money '. All they can do is send empty threats with words highlighted in bold and in red. words such as 'court' and 'litigation'. but all these words are preceded with words such as 'may' and 'could'. Really, don't worry! :-)

Thats all they can do?

I have an agreement with them though

but i've now broken that

Thats all they can do?

I have an agreement with them though

but i've now broken that

Yeh and your problem is

Your little missed payment is nothing compared to the rules/guidelines DCA's choose to ignore and breach

They deliberately set out to bully/co-erce and strike fear into people and hate it when someone fights back

"@ Revenant - I can't even afford £1 until the 28th"

So on the 28th you work all you priority debts out again, see how much is left and then decide on an amount you can pay without leaving yourself in hardship/struggling like you have done this month

It's still your money

Good luck

R

Yeh and your problem is

Your little missed payment is nothing compared to the rules/guidelines DCA's choose to ignore and breach

What do you mean?

But at the end of the day i owe them money

and i've said i'll pay on a certain date every month

I'm still thinking i've broken a contractual agreement by not paying

Am i wrong to think that?

As i said i'm new to this and don't have a clue how things work

i seriously appreciate all the help given

What do you mean?

But at the end of the day i owe them money

and i've said i'll pay on a certain date every month

I'm still thinking i've broken a contractual agreement by not paying

Am i wrong to think that?

As i said i'm new to this and don't have a clue how things work

i seriously appreciate all the help given

Hi dragon

Please Please Please try to stop worrying

In the overall scheme of things missed payments are a fact of life as no one can plan 100% for the future and that includes DCA's

Even if you were paying £100 a month and never missed a payment there's a good chance the DCA would class you as a soft touch get greedy and still look for more money from you . . it's the way they are

If you carry on the way you are you'll become exactly the kind of debtor they like . . scared witless and eating out of the palm of their hand

To put it bluntly . . THEY DON'T OWN YOU, YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE

Read the complete thread again and take in the fact that we've all told you the same thing . . they can't do anything except whinge/cry/shout etc

R

hi dragon

i think you should listen to these guys dont let moorcroft scare you with there pre-court division there is more chance of pigs flying than them taking you to court.

just pay them £1 pcm if they dont like it tell them you will not pay them then they will run scared.

there is no contractual agreement here they have as much legal power as toilet brush.

But you get a lot less sh:censored: from a toilet brush clio

But at the end of the day i owe them money...

Do you?

You really owe a debt collection company money, you have borrowed from them directly?

Nah, didn't think so !

A DCA buys up debt, which the financial institutions couldn't be bothered to look after themselves. They pay peanuts for these accounts, and have built up a business based on threats and intimidation towards the people on the lists of debts they now 'own', or so they say.

In many cases they have no proof of these alleged debts, they cannot provide the paperwork to show they have any right to collect a bean from anyone. They just yell and scream and say 'pay up or else', but when you look closer the threats are 'we MAY do this' or 'we COULD do that' - they MAY buy you a nice birthday present, they COULD hand deliver it - just as likely as them taking any 'further action'.

The DCA's love people like you - who will happily pay up and keep responding to their demands. In many places bullying has been outlawed, apart from in the world of the DCA. If you were to challenge them to 'prove it' and provide some documentations to back up their claims the chances are they cannot.

Now think of someone walking up to you in the street and demanding you hand money over, and come back month after to month to give them more - just because a DCA sends a letter to say you owe them something, it does not make that true automatically. You're being mugged and just don't realise it.

Your 'agreement' is with a mugger.... As long as you keep nodding your head and handing money over they'll keep doing it, and shouting louder to get you to give them more.

Does that put it into perspective?

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Do you?

You really owe a debt collection company money, you have borrowed from them directly?

Nah, didn't think so !

A DCA buys up debt, which the financial institutions couldn't be bothered to look after themselves. They pay peanuts for these accounts, and have built up a business based on threats and intimidation towards the people on the lists of debts they now 'own', or so they say.

In many cases they have no proof of these alleged debts, they cannot provide the paperwork to show they have any right to collect a bean from anyone. They just yell and scream and say 'pay up or else', but when you look closer the threats are 'we MAY do this' or 'we COULD do that' - they MAY buy you a nice birthday present, they COULD hand deliver it - just as likely as them taking any 'further action'.

The DCA's love people like you - who will happily pay up and keep responding to their demands. In many places bullying has been outlawed, apart from in the world of the DCA. If you were to challenge them to 'prove it' and provide some documentations to back up their claims the chances are they cannot.

Now think of someone walking up to you in the street and demanding you hand money over, and come back month after to month to give them more - just because a DCA sends a letter to say you owe them something, it does not make that true automatically. You're being mugged and just don't realise it.

Your 'agreement' is with a mugger.... As long as you keep nodding your head and handing money over they'll keep doing it, and shouting louder to get you to give them more.

Does that put it into perspective?

Nice one h

R

Do you?

Nah, didn't think so !

Nope but I owe Orange money and they have been instructed by Orange to get the payment off me

Its not like i'm not going to pay i am going to pay i just can't afford anything until the 28th

Nope but I owe Orange money and they have been instructed by Orange to get the payment off me

Its not like i'm not going to pay i am going to pay i just can't afford anything until the 28th

That's the whole point dragon

For some reason you either can't or wont accept the fact that your situation is not the end of the world for you, Orange or Moorcroft

Everyone has told you the same thing over and over again and yet all you do is come back with the same comments and nothing constructive as to what you've learnt

Get out and enjoy the weather because Moorcroft will still be there in a few days time and no doubt richer because they've managed to bully another inocent person into paying

R

I've just realised that I'll be making a late payment too this month because of the bank holidays. See! It happens! Everone on here has been through this and usually for much larger debts. The world won't come crashing down around your feet. You'll get a letter and thats all. :-)