• Tweets

• What type of finance is it?   HP, PCP, Loan? They want her to ring so they can bully her into making payments she can't afford...unless she can record her calls then IMHO, I'd keep everything in writing. Is £400 SSP her only income? There's no chance they will justify taking half of that.   Lodge a formal complaint with them ASAP, exhaust it, and then you can escalate it sooner rather than later, ruddy sharks!  
    • Is all of this actually on the signage? Don't remember seeing that much detail on other threads.
    • If I have learnt one thing from this forum, it's not to call and communicate via email. I passed this info on to her and they are pushing for her to call them.    "Unfortunately, you will need to call us. The conversation won’t be so black and white as to therefore type over email. In a nutshell we can confirm that the request to not pay for 3 months we cannot put in place"  I emailed them back on her behalf and said that what ever is discussed over the phone will need to be put in an email so that she can review it properly. No decisions will be made on that phone call.    "Once we speak to you on the phone we will follow up with an email to confirm the options discussed. [Phone number]"   Why are they pushing for a phone call? If its not so black and white, why can they then follow up with an email?  
    • Appreciate input Andy, updated: IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;     I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim.   1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimant’s witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. The Defendant has not entered any contract with the Claimant. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 4. Point 3 is noted. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 5. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked ***. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 6. Point 11 is noted and disputed. See 3. 7. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** 8. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 9. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 21/12/2022. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. Conclusion 10. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 11. The Claimant has been unjustly enriched at the expense of the Defendant by purchasing bulk debt at a greatly reduced cost and subrogating for the original creditor in trying to recuperate the full amount of the original debt 12. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment.   Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in it’s truth. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Income support appeal

Tash188
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I wonder if I could get some advice from you. I received a letter from income support in October 10 stating that I wasn't entitled to it anymore because I had failed to inform them of a change of circumstances. I knew this would be in regards to my ex partner as I had to attend an interview with them in May 10. He doesn't live with me and I told them this at the interview. I have alot of health problems and have two small children. I can't be left alone with them and I have to have someone with me at all times. I suffer with seizures which aren't controlled and I don't have any warning i'm going to have one. My mum stays with me most of the time but when she has to go home my ex will stay the night but that'll only be one night. I told them this at the interview. As soon as I got the letter I wrote one back and asked them to reconsider the decision. I collected all the evidence I could to prove he didn't live with me and my gp also wrote to them stating my health problems, what medication i'm on and also that my mum stays with me most of the time. My ex had used my address to sign onto the local gp surgery. He doesn't have a fixed address and stays with friends. He moves around quite abit. I also explained all of this.

A few days later I got a letter from Housing benefit telling me my benefit had been suspended as I wasn't receiving income support anymore. After filling in endless forms and providing them with enough evidence they re instated my housing benefit at the beginning of this month and the letter states that they are satisfied I'm not living with someone.

I received a letter from the income support in December to say they had received my appeal, even though it was sent to them recorded delivery in October. I've called them, been down to the job centre, consulted a solicitor and cab but no one has been able to help me. I was told on the 27th Jan that my appeal had been sent to wales where the income support appeals are heard. I haven't had any money from them since october and have to keep applying for crisis loans.

Does anyone know what else I can do? I'm really struggling.

Thanks alot

Tash

I should add that they had copies of all my bank statements and claimed I had too much money going into my account. I explained to them that when my housing benefit is paid I transfer it to my savings account so I don't spend it and then when my rent is due I transfer it back so my rent money is counted twice. I showed them this on the statements.

The appeal process can take some time so it's impossible to say when your appeal could be heard sorry.

Crisis loans will not be able to pay you indefinitely.

Do you receive any other form of income, ESA/Incapacity Benefits, DLA?

Although I understand what you are saying about your mum being your main carer how often does your ex partner stop to help you and give your mum a break? If it is a regular thing and he has and is still currently using your address for te Dr surgery or post a decision could be that you could be classed as a couple and that sounds like the reason you IS was initially stopped.You have given an explanation about the bank accounts in the form a paper trail by way of bank statements and as a DM I wold acceot this as long as it is clear the payment go in initially, are transferred to a seperate account so it isn't spent and then the right amount is transferred back to pay the rent.

Hopefully someone will come along & be able to help, from what you have said, you have been treated appaulingly. And I am a bit suprised CAB or a solicitor has been no help?

I hope you get it sorted, it sounds terrible! xx

Thank you for the replies. I currenty receive dla, child tax credits and child benefit. My ex will only stay one night and that's the max. We don't have a great relationship but he does help alot with our kids. I've made him take his name off of anything to do with my home now. I went down to my local cab office and they told me there wasn't anything they could do to help. I also consulted my solicitor who told me they could only help if it was taken to court. I believe I have provided them with everything they have asked for, including statements from my ex and my mum.

Tash

You have done everything you can so unfortunately it will be a waiting game for the appeal. You could try calling again tomorrow morning to see if there is any prgress but they may not be able to tell you anything. I don't think they prioritise appeals as they cannot say that any one appeal is any more important than the next iygwim.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have posted on here before. My income support was stopped last October as they believed I was living with my ex as husband and wife. I don't live with him and we're not together. I suffer with quite severe seizures so he is at my house often because we have two small kids and I can't be alone with them. my ex wrote a statement saying pretty much the same as what i'd told them when I went for my interview under caution. I got my housing benefit reinstated as they believed that we weren't living together as man and wife. I took my case to appeal and was told it wasn't successful so now it's gone to the tribunal people. I got a letter from the person who interviewed me a few weeks ago saying they've decided not to carry on with prosecution and the case has been closed. I've still not heard back regarding my income support though. Does it carry on going through the tribunal or am I supposed to reapply? Any help would be appreciated as i'm struggling at the moment and they wont even give me a crisis loan. they want me to go down the job centre to apply for one as i've had two within 6 months but I have trouble getting out and i've explained that to them but they don't want to know.

Thanks for reading this x

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I've posted on here a few times regarding my income support. It was stopped in October 2010 as they said I had a partner living with me. My ex is here on a daily basis as I have some health issues which means I have to have someone with me at all times, especially when i'm with the kids. I've given them letters from my GP, statements from my ex and my mum who stays with me now but they haven't been interested. I've already had one appeal which was last month, they decided to postpone that one as they couldn't come to a decision, this time they have asked that me or my mum attend. My mum is going to go for me as I don't do so well under pressure. Wish me luck, it's been a very long hard year without the income support money and I just hope they reinstate it as it's such a struggle at the moment.

Thank you to everyone who offered advise, will let you know how it goes x

it does sound like you have had a very stressful time, the judge may not give a decision on the same day as the hearing as they may need to consider the law further, hopefully you will hear something soon and you can put the matter behind you

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Hi all,

I've had a problem with my internet so haven't been able to post. I won the appeal!!!!!! The representative from DWP didn't show up and the lawyer said their evidence was shoddy and my benefit should never have been stopped due to my illness and my two small kids. I'm still in shock, it's been a horrible year and it's been really hard. I'll believe it when I get the letter through the post lol. Thank you everyone x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I had my IS tribunal on the 22nd September. We won the appeal as the judge said the evidence he had from DWP was shoddy to say the least. A representative from the DWP was supposed to attend but didn't turn up. A decision notice was given to me and one sent to the DWP on the day of the appeal. Now nearly a month later IS are still giving me the run around. They keep claiming they haven't got the notice. It's been faxed to them 3 times from the tribunal people in cardiff, they also sent them 2 copies and i've sent them 3 copies. Yet all I get when I call them is "we haven't received the papers yet". They are so rude aswell, the man I spoke to yesterday basically said even though I won my appeal they still have to make a decision as to whether i'm entitled to the money. I told him that the people we've been speaking to from his department have already informed us that we are entitled to the back payment but he wouldn't have none of it. He spoke to me and my mum like we were dirt. I'm just so fed up of it all now. They stopped my money back in October 10 because they had reason to believe I was living with a partner. I wasn't and have a lot of health problems. Once my IS was stopped I lost my HB aswell. This past year has been a nightmare, i've not got any money or food and I have two small kids. I really do feel like just giving up now. I've had enough of this all.

It can take up to 6 weeks for backpay to be issued, but they are saying they haven't received the notification.

When you phone Tash, are they calling you back at all or is your conversation just with whomever answers the phone when you dial?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

When I call we go through to the call centre and they usually say someone is going to call us back within three hours. They have only called us back 3 times the rest of the time we have to ring them again. They are really unhelpful. It's not the back payment that i'm interested in. All I want to know is when my claim will be restarted as I really need the money. They treat me like i'm a benefit scrounger and I hate it because i'm not.

That is strange. If you were only managing to speal to the call centre, I'd understand the issue (why they are saying the notification isn't received) but if you are actually getting called back by the I.S department then and they are saying the notification isn't received, something is far wrong. It is possible that the notifications have been sent/delivered to the wrong place (I've become aware of issues with mail not arriving at the correct destinations, even when they have been correctly addressed, some are going to the wrong MOU. Major issues since movement of work and the introduction of these seperate call centres). I would get someone to call you back once more, verify with them over the phone what their fax number is and get another copy faxed to them. If that is ineffective, get your MP onto it - you'll find they will move quick then.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)