I've done wrong

worryingmore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It certainly wouldn't hurt to call them. Just explain that you sent them an email but have not yet had a response and you are growing more worried. Make sure to note the name of the person you speak to (and the time of the call), and explain that you have called previously to try and stop your claim.

• Confused 1

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again.... and thank you for the PM.. :-)

To be honest, I don't think you've done anything wrong at all. There was no break in the period mentioned via PM and the person in question is still within the age range for you to continue claiming for him providing there's no change in his status. As there hasn't been any change in his status, I can't see there's a problem. It makes no odds whether it was his intention to continue or not; the fact is that he did continue and as such, the status of your claim remains the same.

My own daughter was in the system right up until she turned 20 with no problem at all.... :-)

It certainly wouldn't hurt to call them. Just explain that you sent them an email but have not yet had a response and you are growing more worried. Make sure to note the name of the person you speak to (and the time of the call), and explain that you have called previously to try and stop your claim.

many thanks

Edited by worryingmore

Erika, i have drafted a letter, can i pm it to you please.

Erika

will you check over my letter please. I've tried to do as you suggested, but will you have a look at it for me before i send it

many thanks

Surely will - pm's are open.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

I've read your letter. From the information you have given in previous pm's to me, your letter is spot-on.

I'd strongly advise that if you can't get to a local HMRC office to get a signed for copy and receipt of your letter, that you send it by Royal Mail track and trace.

If you do send it via track and trace, the post office will give you a receipt. Keep hold of it and keep a copy of that letter. A few days after posting the letter, pop onto Royal Mail's website. Click on "personal customers", click on "Track an item" then enter the reference number on your receipt. The website will then show you from which office it was delivered and when. Print/save it. Then click no "view proof of delivery". This will bring up the signature and printed name of the person who signed for the item. Print/save that too. You can then show you sent them an item, they received it on X date and X person signed for it. You keep this until you receive a response from them at the very least, just in case there are any issues later on of non receipt.

It's impossible to say. Some are audio recorded and some aren't. Some advisors make notes of the conversation, some don't (though they are all supposed to). The only one I know who audio records every single call is tax credits.

I was very nervous, and managed to explain it all. The person that i spoke to was very nice- couldn't have wished for anyone better really.

Said that it is being put down in the best possible way for me, and that i was being honest with them. that someone would look at it and that they would let me know, also said that it could go either way, and that someone else would make the decision. (i think this means the decision as to whether i should get it)- well i hope that's what this means? said that they would investigate it- i hope this doesn't mean a naughty investigation?- this is worrying me a lot, and will do for goodness knows how long.

I hope that i've done the right thing. They could come down on me like a tonne of bricks, and all hell break loose; (mixing metaphors)!, despite how nice the person was today.

I know this is wishing my life away, but i wish it was this time next year and i felt settled and knew what had happened.

I don't feel any better having done it- i'm still off my head with worry. But this is the only way that I was going to bring an end to it all.

Erika and Priorityone, if/when you log on, can you post back to me please, i'm in need of a hug (& lots of diazepam)!

Edited by worryingmore

Hello

I'm worried that they might take action against me, & i don't know if i've dropped myself in it more than necessary.

Do you think that they will take action against me for this? Thing is, i don't know when to expect to hear from them, it could take ages if they're investigating it, I hope this doesn't mean a naughty investigation? This is what's worrying me the most.

What do you think they'll do? I could be waiting for ages to hear anything, and the longer they take, the more worried i'll get because i'll be thinking that they're going through everything to make a case against me.

Edited by worryingmore

Said that it is being put down in the best possible way for me, and that i was being honest with them. that someone would look at it and that they would let me know, also said that it could go either way, and that someone else would make the decision. (i think this means the decision as to whether i should get it)- well i hope that's what this means? said that they would investigate it- i hope this doesn't mean a naughty investigation?- this is worrying me a lot, and will do for goodness knows how long.

You've read far too much into this..... it means a decision as to whether you'll get the money or not; not a decision to put your head on a spike.... lol...

Please calm down.... there is nothing to worry about.

((((((((((((( BIG HUGS )))))))))))))

:-) :-) :-)