HFO barclay card help needed

Hot_pipe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wimbledon monkeys has got nerves to ring me today after they still failed to respond to my cca letter after cca and a complaint harassment letter. I told the lady I do not wish to discuss anything with them on a phone. I remind her that I have communicated to them that I do not wish to be contacted by phone. If she has anything to say she can communicate to me in written format. She went quite and never say a thing.

Guys have I done the right thing?

Yours help are graciously welcome.

Tell your boss he is a ***** ****.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Advice please! Received the sar from barclays today. Account was suspended January 2005. The last time I made payment to them was 23 feb 2005. Last statement barclays sent me was dated 21 march 2007. Closing balance of £1329.02. I have asked barclays to provided me details of when they sold the account to hfo but they have not provided this information. What should I do?

I recevied an acknowledgement letter from oft about my complaint against hfo. Also a form to fill the form is called permission to disclose complaint.

Look forward to your advices.

Thanks

The last time I made payment to them was 23 feb 2005.

Satuted barred once its been 6 years (5 years in scotland) since you last made payment towards the debt or acknowledged thed debt, so HFO are not suppose to be even chasing you for payment.

Send them the statued barred letter found here

and add to your OFT complaint that they chasing whilst the debt is statuted barred.

Though your lucky as its only a few days that its been statuted barred lol

P.s. i bet the muppets wrote the letter on the 23rd workedout that the 23rd feb 2005 was 6 years ago and thought it be clever of them to put your last payment date as 23rd feb 2005 thinking it would mean the debt would not be statuted barred as a result, only because there are as thick as two short planks, they didn't realise that it actually, in fact, made it statuted barred by doing so lol

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

FFS, it can’t be SB for at least another month. The cause of action occurs when a due payment is missed, not when the last payment was made.

Sending an SB letter too early is an admission of the debt.

Does nobody ever read what we put on these threads?

Good evening guys and Donkey thanks for the advice much appreciated. I now remember the events surrounding the payment to my barclay card 23 feb 2005. I did not make that payment myself. Before 23 feb 2005 my barclay card was defaulted ages go because i did not keep up with payments. Then 23 feb 200 Barclays card forcefully transfered funds from my barclay current account to barclay cards. At the time i quried this but they said it is within their right to do it.

So with regards to this:

where do i stand with SB?

I asked barclays to give me the details of who they have transfered the debt to and when the tranfered took place but they have not. What do i do now?

Thanks for your helps

Advice please

I recieved a default notice document this morning from bc dated 8 July 2003. Now with this document in hand can I send hfo a sb letter? Note they was a payment on the account 23 feb 2005 I did not make that payment myself bc saw some money in my Bank account and decided to pay bc without my consent.

Also bc told me they sold the account to hfo 26 June 2007. This contradict hfo date they told me they bought it 11 July 2009.

I have recieved the sar from barclays and the default notice is in writing.

I still have not recieve the cca from hfo. I have also sent them account in dispute letter 2weeks ago but still no reply. What do I do with them how can hold them back till after 23 march. What if they commence legal action.

Finaly can I write to hfo and ask them to explain the disparity with account sale date?

Cheers

The account is now in dispute, check the in dispute letter was received by HFO and keep the proof of posting etc. They cannot proceed with legal action while the account is in dispute.

You can write to HFO asking for them to explain the discrepancies with dates and supply copies of the information from Barclaycard. Again I would recommend waiting until 1st April.

I would also suggest if there is a catalog of incorrect dates by HFO I would start complaining to the relevant places.

Advice please

I recieved a default notice document this morning from bc dated 8 July 2003. Now with this document in hand can I send hfo a sb letter? Note they was a payment on the account 23 feb 2005 I did not make that payment myself bc saw some money in my Bank account and decided to pay bc without my consent.

Also bc told me they sold the account to hfo 26 June 2007. This contradict hfo date they told me they bought it 11 July 2009.

Which HFO do BC say they sold it to - was it HFO Capital Ireland, HFO Services or HFO Capital Cayman?

Have they sent you anything in writing saying who it was sold to?

There is a contradiction between when HFO say they purchased the account, and when BC say they sold the account. This raises doubt as to which company owns the debt.

So you do not need to contact HFO untill you gain the required evidence from BC, in writing.

Wait a month and hope legal action is not begun.

I’m beginning to wonder why we bother. Please read advice before asking the same questions again. If you think the advice is wrong, say so. Why engage with HFO when you don’t have to?

I am of the same opinion, I will always hold off contacting any DCA as responding to any mail just seems like a red rag to a bull to them. I'm also of the opinion that you need to always have the facts before engaging with a DCA.

Legitimate court paper work is a different matter.