Harrington Brooks / Allclear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a DMP with Harrington Brooks / Allclear, my circumstancs are about to change (baby coming into family) and am wondering about contacting Harrington Brooks seeing how much is owed to who (lots I expect after Harrington taken their chunk) and contacting the creditors direct.

Any thoughts / advice on this?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tell them that their services are no longer required. You are now aware that you can do the same yourself OR that you can employ a FREE DMC.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Harrington Brooks only require 4 weeks notice to ditch them

from my agreement with them

6 Termination of agreement

6.1 On receipt of your first payment we will issue to you a key features document and estimated fees schedule. If for any reason you wish to cancel we offer a seven-day cooling-off period from the date of this letter in

which we offer a full refund of any fees which we have taken.

6.2 After the seven-day cooling off period you may end this agreement by giving us four weeks notice in writing.

6.3 We may end this agreement by giving you four weeks notice in writing if any one of the following things happens:

1 You breach this agreement and do not remedy the breach within seven days of our bringing the breach to your attention;

2 A bankruptcy petition is issued against you;

3 You enter into an Individual Voluntary Arrangement / Trust Deed;

4 Where the information provided to us is knowingly incorrect;

5 The information provided by you at the time of acquiring a loan (HP agreement, credit cards or any other form of credit) is deemed incorrect or fraudulent by any creditor; or

6 If we are affected by Force Majeure.

6.4 We will use all reasonable endeavours to refund to you any monies that we are unable to distribute to your creditors if your account with us becomes inactive. (you stop paying your monthly payment). Where we have

made reasonable endeavours to make a refund (but have been unable to do so due to a change in your address which has not been communicated to us) then after six months we reserve the right to retain any

moneys outstanding on your account

• 4 weeks later...

I have just ditched Harrington Brooks, I checked my statement online and they had not made any payments since December 2010 despite me paying them every month. I noticed that one particular month I paid them £200 and they took £70!!! My understanding was that my monthly fee would be £29....

I sent a letter to them giving them 4 weeks notice and asking for up to date statements and they have ignored me completely. I wish that I had kept a clser eye on what they were doing, that way I would have got rid of them sooner!

I am now putting it down to experience and sending my own letters with offers of payment.

My advice would be to anyone that was conidering them STAY AWAY, GET FREE ADVICE AND DO IT YOURSELF!

I have just ditched Harrington Brooks, I checked my statement online and they had not made any payments since December 2010 despite me paying them every month. I noticed that one particular month I paid them £200 and they took £70!!! My understanding was that my monthly fee would be £29....

I sent a letter to them giving them 4 weeks notice and asking for up to date statements and they have ignored me completely. I wish that I had kept a clser eye on what they were doing, that way I would have got rid of them sooner!

I am now putting it down to experience and sending my own letters with offers of payment.

My advice would be to anyone that was conidering them STAY AWAY, GET FREE ADVICE AND DO IT YOURSELF!

my letters going in the post over the w/end,

just had begging letters from all my creditors stating no payment has been made since early jan.

have been trying to check my online statements but cant seem to log on, have repeatedly asked them but they havent sent me a new login details.

Report these clowns to the OFT&TS also to the MOJ, I would also be inclined to send these clowns a LBA demanding some of the money back!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have sent three e-mails which they have not answered. Think I will send a letter asking for the information I require, which is just: An up to date statement / balance outstanding to the various creditors - just so I know what I am dealing with?

I think they still have my parents address on their system, but checked at my parents Saturday & no post there!

Yes send them a letter before action, tell them they are to forward you by return of post the information your require if they can't won't or don't you will add this to your complaint your compiling to be sent to the Ministry of Justice, OFT & TS.

• 1 month later...

A LBA is simply a letter headed "LETTER BEFORE ACTION" then type out in your own words, what correspondence you have sent them and when, their failure to respond to your requests or even acknowledge them, and that they have say 14 days in which to respond fully to your previous letters/emails with the requested information or you will inform the ministry of justice (MOJ) as well as the OFT of their failure to conduct themselves in a professional manner, and have their licence revoked.

As long as you head it with "LETTER BEFORE ACTION" then they can be under NO illusion that you are fully intent on carrying out your threat.

Letter going today. Should I carry on with my payments while waiting for a response?

Funnily enough I received a letter yesterday from Debt Managers - Edinburgh saying that they have checked their credit files & have reason to believe they are contacting me at my new address and could I contact them to confirm.

I wonder if this is in connection to a debt placed with Harrington Brooks, as those are still listed at my parents address?

Any letters that you receive from DCA's asking if you are the person they are looking for, IGNORE! Send a copy of them to the OFT&TS, it is for them to verify your identity, NOT for you to do that for them.

DCA's have NO legal powers whatsoever, ALL they are is the 'piggy in the middle' paid to send out misleading threatening letters designed to intimidate you, and even these are simply computer generated, they have NO powers, intelligence, or moral fibre in their bodies.

What is the state of play with harrington? Have you kicked them in to touch, and have they given you all the information you need regarding who has been paid what and when?