HELP: Police officers impartiality when investigating an alledged crime?

Simmo52

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am not sure if this is in the right place to ask this question but would appreciate your help if possible.

Somebody has made an acusation that I have stolen a large amount of goods (over £100k) from a property I was working at. This is completely untrue and I am aware that the accuser has a history of fake insurance claims and is currently wearing a Police tag for theft (suspended sentence).

I have no doubt that I will be exonerated but the matter has taken a strange and disturbing twist.

Due to an incorrectly forwarded email, I am now aware that the investigating Sergeant is friends with the accuser (emailing from his personal email address) and has warned them not to put in their claim as if it is found to be fraudulent they may face prison for conspiracy to commit fraud! I did wonder why the alledged crime was reported at a Police station many miles away (but same contabluary) and surely this is the reason!

Surely it is not his place to prevent a crime and is now perverting the course of justice!?

I understand that in the course of a Police officers duty he will come across people he knows but to then advise them in this way is surely illegal!!!?

So my question is:

What duty does a Police officer have with regards to his impartiality when investigating a matter?

Suggest you first have a look here:

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/index/complaints.htm

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

• 1 year later...

Just as an update to this.

The Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS) got invloved and the Sergeant resigned before the charges could be brought against him!

I trust you were fully exonerated?

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Well my original post detailed what I wanted to know but this wasn't really answered. However since then the DPS took over and as mentioned earlier the Sergeant quit before the charges could be brought.

I just wanted to update the post and yes, it is the end the matter.

Thanks