Need urgent advice on a 7 year old debt with hfo services ltd

mwf1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

firstly hfo solicitors do not exist as a legal entity, usually it is a company called turnbull rutherford. A report and recording of the call needs to go to the solicitors regulatory authority asap, and to the oft, trading standards, the local police and your mp. Speak to each lot first and tell them what is happening, this is harrassment, pure and simple.

Without a court order hfo (whatever departtment) cannot arrest your bank account nor get your wages sent directly to them. Any attempts need to be reported to all the authorities.

If you follow the course of action above there will be a very sorry bunch of people around.....

You can also go to tony heatherington of the daily mail and any other journalists, i will get hold of babybear and alert her to your thread as she has contacts there.

This company really are the pits and need to be closed down asap.

Tell the police that you feel personally threatened by this company and their illegal tactics..

i shouldnt be on here tonight its my 1st wedding anniversary,just really streesed out about it all. I have visions in my head there are going to send the bailiffs and clear my house.and i feel ashamed to call the police reguarding an old debt and also my local mp and newspapers..my head is all over and dont know what to do next.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

firstly start listening to what you are being told on here..............

its only been 8days but you appear not be taking it in............

THEY CANNOT SEND BAILIFFS.....they are a bunch of FLEECERS that threaten and bully people into paying old debts that they have NO LEGAL right to demand.

please get your head clearly around this.

you have done NOTHING WRONG

THEY HAVE....IN A VERY BIG BIG MANNER>

go get 'em!!

not just for yourself ... but for all caggers!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The police may say it is a civil matter but tell them this company has caused a lot of problems before and are under investigation by their local force, they should contact them on your behalf and find out what idiots they are dealing with.

As stated there is nothing to be ashamed of, the company are preying on your ignorance, now you have found CAG you are in good hands. Most of us here have suffered from the debt collecting agencies activities and can give you practical help.

The 'name and shaming' is for THEM, not for you, you are a victim here and now you can turn the tables on THEM.

Stop panicking, they cannot send anyone round without a court order, be it a field agent, doorstep collection agent, pre court assessor or whatever they like to call them.

Get reporting asap.

Any further calls just keep repeating "This call is being recorded, in writing please".

lets take a step back here.

HFO solicitors called today - how many sols work on a bank holiday, you cannot get one at lunchtime! did this solicitor have an indian accent? and did you get the number they called from? Was it you who recorded the call or them?

This is pure harassment and needs to be reported to to OFT, the solicitors body (don't have details) anyone you can think of but you need as much detail as possible

The only way your accounts can be frozen that I know of is if you are bankrupt

Avoid the phone - tell them to blow and send them the legal letter above as they are being so threatening OR the CCA request with £1 fee as suggested before and get this account into dispute.

ive have requested a cca on the 18th august sent by recorded delivery but had no reply yet,the phone call was from a man with a indian accent,which was left on my mobile phone voicemail. my phone has a recording feature so i recorded the voicemail message on to my mobile phone.Since ive receive the first letterfrom them with the photo i reported them to fos,oft,comsumer rights and tradeing stanards.

Hi mwf

I have been re-reading your thread to try and put the advice received together as it is geting a bit confusing. The main thing is that you must not get too stressed about this as this is how these companies work - to threaten and panic. YOU have done nothing wrong other than possibly once had a CC that some joker has passed on to someone else to make money from. It is up to these people to explain themselves to you.

The main problem here is probably the telephone/email harassment. This link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/52-harassment is to the harassment letters. look at these, and send off by recorded delivery, don't sign, print name. Add a CC: at the top CC: Trading Standards via Consumer Direct as you are going to send them a copy. Don't speak to HFO - if you answer the phone to them say 'In writing only'. Keep recording any voicemails. HFO usually phone on 0203 numbers so don't answer these but log the calls and times.

Copy all letters and documents sent.

Ring Consumer Direct and ask them to put you in touch with the relevent Trading Standards office URGENTLY, expain about the threats etc and send TS a copy of the Harassment letter you sent to HFO.

You sent the CCA request to HFO on 18th August? They should reply by 7th September but probably won't. You will then need to sent an 'Account in Dispute' Letter. Have you checked the Track and Trace to see when received?

Phone FOS and ask them to urgently return the original documents you sent them (they should copy them and return) as you will need to keep copies of all correspondence sent and received. If you can, scan the photo of your house etc as you will need this to support your complaints. Don't worry about the complaints for now we can deal with those later. The main one is to get Trading Standards who can advice on contacting police also.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Hi mwf

I have been re-reading your thread to try and put the advice received together as it is geting a bit confusing. The main thing is that you must not get too stressed about this as this is how these companies work - to threaten and panic. YOU have done nothing wrong other than possibly once had a CC that some joker has passed on to someone else to make money from. It is up to these people to explain themselves to you.

The main problem here is probably the telephone/email harassment. This link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/52-harassment is to the harassment letters. look at these, and send off by recorded delivery, don't sign, print name. Add a CC: at the top CC: Trading Standards via Consumer Direct as you are going to send them a copy. Don't speak to HFO - if you answer the phone to them say 'In writing only'. Keep recording any voicemails. HFO usually phone on 0203 numbers so don't answer these but log the calls and times.

Copy all letters and documents sent.

Ring Consumer Direct and ask them to put you in touch with the relevent Trading Standards office URGENTLY, expain about the threats etc and send TS a copy of the Harassment letter you sent to HFO.

You sent the CCA request to HFO on 18th August? They should reply by 7th September but probably won't. You will then need to sent an 'Account in Dispute' Letter. Have you checked the Track and Trace to see when received?

Phone FOS and ask them to urgently return the original documents you sent them (they should copy them and return) as you will need to keep copies of all correspondence sent and received. If you can, scan the photo of your house etc as you will need this to support your complaints. Don't worry about the complaints for now we can deal with those later. The main one is to get Trading Standards who can advice on contacting police also

thank you once again coledog,ive phone the fos and ask them to urgently return the orignal documents.I will also concact oft and tradeing standards.

Good. I think you can send the 'In Dispute' letter if nothing received by 9th. Mention to Consumer Direct that HFO have offices in West Byfleet (KT14 6NA), Wimbledon (SW19 1NE) and Croydon (CRO 1AA) and they will contact the relevent TS plus your local one and you must tell them that the harassment is serious therefore urgent.

Remember, you are disputing this alleged debt as you may have had a CC prior to 2004, but HFO are now claiming an excessive amount of money and that you have made payments that you do not have any knowledge of. HFO therefore have to prove that you actually owe this. The payments made could just have been credited to the wrong account number. Anything that you may have agreed to/offered recently has been due to the extreme stress these people are putting you under.

Did you ever have contact with a Debt Management company or anyone who offered to make payments on your behalf?

Edited by coledog
spelling

donate

HI EVERYONE FORGOT TO SAY I PHONE BARCLAY CARD LAST FRIDAY,REGUARDING MY OLD DEBT WHAT HFO ARE BILLING ME FOR. AND TOLD ME THAT THERE SOLD THE DEBT TO A COMPANY CALLED roxburghe uk limited NOT HFO.ALL I CAN THINK IS HFO MUST BE LINKED WITH THEM.

I HAVE JUST UPDATED OFT AND FOS TODAY WITH ALL THE INFORMATION.

Good. I think you can send the 'In Dispute' letter if nothing received by 9th. Mention to Consumer Direct that HFO have offices in West Byfleet (KT14 6NA), Wimbledon (SW19 1NE) and Croydon (CRO 1AA) and they will contact the relevent TS plus your local one and you must tell them that the harassment is serious therefore urgent.

Remember, you are disputing this alleged debt as you may have had a CC prior to 2004, but HFO are now claiming an excessive amount of money and that you have made payments that you do not have any knowledge of. HFO therefore have to prove that you actually owe this. The payments made could just have been credited to the wrong account number. Anything that you may have agreed to/offered recently has been due to the extreme stress these people are putting you under.

Did you ever have contact with a Debt Management company or anyone who offered to make payments on your behalf?

No i havent had a debt management plan before.I am just in between of setting one up with cccs, so i can afford to make payments to hfo.i have had to put all my existing creditiors with them has well so my credit file will be knackered again for another 6 years over hfo. IF there send me to court in between i will cancel the cccs debt mangement plan.

HI EVERYONE FORGOT TO SAY I PHONE BARCLAY CARD LAST FRIDAY,REGUARDING MY OLD DEBT WHAT HFO ARE BILLING ME FOR. AND TOLD ME THAT THERE SOLD THE DEBT TO A COMPANY CALLED roxburghe uk limited NOT HFO.ALL I CAN THINK IS HFO MUST BE LINKED WITH THEM.

I HAVE JUST UPDATED OFT AND FOS TODAY WITH ALL THE INFORMATION.

This thread will tell you about Roxburghe.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?245294-vjohn82-vs-HFO-Services-Limited-Part-Deux-%2A%2AWON%2A%2A

I do find VJs thread quite complicated to follow and wish someone would summarise. I know Roxburghe and HFO are all part of the same bunch, in my case the alleged debt was sold to HFO Capital (according to HFO) but I have not contacted the OC - is this relevent?

donate

Mwf

Be vey wary of rushing into a DMP until you have established that the amounts claimed are actually enforceable. The problem is that you end up making small payments which never clear the debt and CCCS/CAB etc never question the validity of the debt and tend to do nothing to stop harassment in the future. You have seen that muppets like HFO are not keen to take small payments and will always come back with further demands. Any payment will always set the SB clock ticking again. It could go on longer than 6 years.

donate

I do find VJs thread quite complicated to follow and wish someone would summarise. I know Roxburghe and HFO are all part of the same bunch, in my case the alleged debt was sold to HFO Capital (according to HFO) but I have not contacted the OC - is this relevent?

You need to contact the OC. If the debt was sold to someone else and HFO have provided an NOA stating a different company then they are screwed. It's essentially deception.

What are you struggling with from my thread?

Love your thread - I have tried to read it all before and get the main points but need a hour or so to understand all the detail. Thanks for point above. I am considering a SAR to my OC at some point.

Can I ask Mwf if you got a letter saying 'Notice of Assignment' prior to the one with the photo attached and did it say who the debt was assigned? As I did.

donate

Love your thread - I have tried to read it all before and get the main points but need a hour or so to understand all the detail. Thanks for point above. I am considering a SAR to my OC at some point.

Can I ask Mwf if you got a letter saying 'Notice of Assignment' prior to the one with the photo attached and did it say who the debt was assigned? As I did.

hi cole dog yes i did receive the notice of assignment,I am waiting for it to be sent back from the fos,there said that there will return the orignal paper work with hfo threating me to court.

just obtained a copy of my credit report and hfo services have now updated a default with my current address where ive lived for 19 months info below:

Company Name /Hfo Services Ltd

Insight Account NumberXXXXXXXXXXXX

Account Type Credit Card

TermsStart 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly)

Balance £ 0

Current Balance £ 1,098

Delinquent Balance defaulted £ 1,028

Status Credit limit £0

Date Updated 16/07/2008

Start Date 30/05/2003

Date Last Delinquent 08/05

Default Date 04/08/2005

dont get them, there state i owe them £1,730 mental dont get there dirty tricks...also there is no evidence shown on my report of them receiveing any payments like there said there received the last payment in january 2007.

Edited by mwf1982

Today received a letter from fos,stateing that there have forwarded my complaint to the owner of Hfo services/turnbull rutherford solicitors.And say they should issue a final response in writeing with in 8 weeks.And if i feel there havent put things right or havent heard anything back from hfo response,I must get back in concact with fos...

no evidence shown on my report of them receiveing any payments like there said there received the last payment in january 2007.
That is good because you can use that as hard evidence against them.

Have you SAR'd the Original Creditor to confirm EXACTLY who the debt was sold to and when?

It seems from what I have read that HFO are chasing debts that it seems HFO did not actually purchase.

For the sake of 10 pounds it is money very well spent:D

I would also be inclined to just file anything sent to you by HFO as EVIDENCE and treat it all as suspicious until proven otherwise.

Also, I would NEVER send any genuine copies of any letters to anyone. Send copies because if they go walkies then your evidence that you will be submitting in court has gone which leaves you in a very poor situation;)
Thanks for the great advise,i phoned barclay card and there TOLD ME THAT THERE SOLD THE DEBT TO A COMPANY CALLED roxburghe uk limited NOT HFO.

i have kept all the orignal paperwork for evidence for when it goes to court.still waiting for these court papers to arrive. i did send a orginal letter to the fos but there have now returned the documents back to me.

Do you think with fos writeing with my complaint to the owner of hfo services will help me?

perasonally i think i have done everything i can do!

I get missed calls from hfo every day! there left a voice message and i recorded the message stateing there are going to freeze all my 3 bank accounts.Which are nothing to do with hfo or barclaycard.

TOLD ME THAT THERE SOLD THE DEBT TO A COMPANY CALLED roxburghe uk limited NOT HFO.

You need this in writing as soon as possible.

i recorded the message stateing there are going to freeze all my 3 bank accounts.Which are nothing to do with hfo or barclaycard.

Wow this company have some power don't they! Interesting to see what threats they can make considering they are not even the owners of the debt eh?:sad:

You need this in writing as soon as possible.

Wow this company have some power don't they! Interesting to see what threats they can make considering they are not even the owners of the debt eh?:sad:

roxburghe uk limited might be linked. or does it not matter in the eyes of the courts?

If you have the Notice of assignment from HFO back from FOS now does it say who the debt has been assigned to? Is it Roxburgh or HFO?

Your next step is to send an Account in Dispute letter to HFO on 8th Sept if they have not sent a CCA agreement back. It may be worth adding to this letter that you have no record of the payments HFO claim you have made to them, perhaps someone else can advise on this????

Did you send a telephone harassment letter to HFO regarding their phone calls and report to Consumer Direct/Trading standards? They cannot pretend to be solicitors and threaten to freeze your bank accounts. Also update FOS and OFT with these latest threats as that is what they are. Ignore any calls.

A SAR request to the OC may be a good idea - there is a letter on another thread that may be useful, I will find it.

donate

As per my previous thread here is SAR request, send with a Postal Order for £10 to BC and sign but crosses through so it cannot be copied.

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

Send to :

BARCLAYCARD

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Northampton

NN4 7SG

donate