A1 Approved Warranty - Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Jagster1966

After investigating your claim further it would appear that your frustrations towards my company may be misdirected.

You purchased your vehicle from a dealer with the benefit of one our 3 month warranties. Your repairers have identified a fault with the starter motor on your vehicle and ONLY claimed for the starter motor. The invoice arrived today and has been paid directly to the garage on your behalf. They have not claimed for a ring gear for your warranty with ourselves (see my previous posts regarding the vehicle not being stripped yet).

It would appear that at the same time you purchased the vehicle you also took out a private warranty with an internet based warranty company and your garage have contacted them (not us) to cover the flywheel and it is this internet based company who have possibly declined your claim due to their 90 day exclusion clause. Your garage (Richard) has confirmed that they have been in discussions with a chap called Mark from the internet based warranty company and have had to send over video evidence of the failure to him for his further consideration. It goes without saying that I cannot comment on a claim that has not been directed to ourselves by your garage.

I can confirm however that the claim submitted by your repairers to A1 Approved has been settled in full without question.

Kind Regards

Stuart Haskell

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply

Iam well within my rights to purchase a private warranty on my car 2 run alongside that was supplied with it and what u fail to mention is the fact that the garage rang you about the dmf which you instantly dismissed as wear and tear over the phone. Not only to him but myself aswell is this not the case it was only after this post that you agreed to look at the claim again, but dont worry i will still be presenting a claim to a1 as the garage has mistaken the company to deal with over this and i will be seeking advice from the ombudsman

• 3 weeks later...
In reply

Iam well within my rights to purchase a private warranty on my car 2 run alongside that was supplied with it and what u fail to mention is the fact that the garage rang you about the dmf which you instantly dismissed as wear and tear over the phone. Not only to him but myself aswell is this not the case it was only after this post that you agreed to look at the claim again, but dont worry i will still be presenting a claim to a1 as the garage has mistaken the company to deal with over this and i will be seeking advice from the ombudsman

Getting long in the tooth this wear and tear get out and only when you visit this site do you get any kind of action. Waiting for Mr Haskell to let us know who is the insurance company that underwrites his warranties. If there is no underwriting then he may be operating some kind of ponzi scheme. Care to comment Mr Haskell.

• 3 weeks later...

Also worth reading up on the sales of goods act 1979 as this covers the sale of used cars from dealers and makes interesting reading. the best advise i can give is do research on the dealer BEFORE buying a car from them on say review centre please google for link, see the reviews on there, the you will get an idea how you will be looked after if you have a problem, there are some good dealers and also lots of bad,

• 7 months later...

Hello all.

I have dealt with Stuart Haskell directly, and found him prompt, courteous, and an excellent communicator.

I had a gearbox problem with my Jaguar XF, that I had repaired at a dealer.

Mr Haskell dealt with the claim, and I have this morning received a cheque for the full amount, less my small excess.

It has taken less than a week to get this sorted, and over the Christmas/New Year holiday period.

Thank You Stuart Haskell from A1 Warranties.

• 1 month later...
Bought a Ford Focus and got 12months Gold Warranty with Alapproved.

After a week, the handbrake failed and the right back calliper had failed and needs to be replaced. A1 tell me that its "wear and tear".

I was given what is covered when I paid for the warranty and Brake Callipers are covered!!

I will be taking advice.

Hi guys,I see, quite a few people had problems with A1 Approved and Mr Haskel. Has anyone managed to get a claim paid out? Has anyone taken any further action against this company?

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Can not believe that 5 minutes after posting my thread, I had a missed call on my mobile, and a voice message.

Yep, it was A1 Approved.... Tried phoning back but no answer. Will try tomorrow and play the dumb consumer routine. However, do you think they are tuned into these forums?

'Your thread'? Where is it?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

A1 Approved is a small company, operated and owned by 3-4 people

(you can see their names and the company info at companycheck.co.uk/company/06508257 and wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo - just click on Order information on this company which will show you the company's activity – please add http in front of the above website links), with a not very good record with customers.

There are a few other threads on this website (that I do know about), with customers complaining about the same problems (threads 369025, 324399).

The company trades under different names (Drivers Care, Driver Care Warranties, A1 Warranties).

Their website gives you a minimal info about the company (I wonder why?!) and even give you a different company's registration number

(the website a1approved.co.uk/terms.php gives a different company's number 6272558, but the same registered address).

The company is: NOT regulated and authorised by the FSA, NOT underwritten by any insurance company.

So The Financial Ombudsman Services CANNOT help you.

Trading standards and CAB are useless, as usual.

Buying an extended warranty from this company you are not buying a peace of mind - you are buying a headache.

These people believe they made a very cleaver warranty policy so that the customers actually cannot get any claim paid out.

The only way to go with them is to take them to a court.

Many customers just give up and that's what the people behind A1 Approved count on

Hello,

thought it was here as you have quoted me.... Is that what you meant?

Sorry if i am no use at this point in the evening, had a few beers after watching football...

Regards

This thread was started by invmatt back in July 2010 so it's 'his' thread.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi

Just received an invitation to take up a warranty with A1 as my dealer warranty is about to expire, seen the appalling record of this 'company' who apparently are not even covered by the FSA. That says everything to me.

So will definitely not be using their dubious insurance. How on earth are companies like this allowed to continue trade???

Give them a very wide berth. I had to issue a county court summons before they paid out for what they called was a wear & tear issue. My garage diagnosed it was a broken valve on my VW Polo which had covered less than 40,000 miles. Told the garage who I bought the car from and A1 apparently operate a pot system, a type of co-operative. So when they (A1) run out of money then there is nothing left. No insurance, zilch.

Agree that this type of company should be reported to the FCA as they are not authorised.

• 9 months later...

Hi

I've just been reading this thread and it doesn't give me much faith in resolving an issue I have with a car I purchased 5 weeks ago.

I called A1 Approved yesterday telling them I have a problem with the gear box on my Nissan Qashqai they said to take it in to a local garage and get the garage to call them,

Sounds easy! But no garage I contacted will deal with this as warranty they all say it’s not worth the hassle, I’ve not called A1 back yet to see if they have a garage they deal with local to me but is it worth it?

I know for a fact the car will need a new gearbox being an ‘x’ car engineer

• 8 months later...
Just doing a bit of research and this is certainly a concerning read. Hope the above posters managed to get some satisfaction with this company but if you didn't then would be interested to hear.

Hi no it wasn't resolved they refused point blank to pay out for the repairs on the grounds of wear and tear even though I'd only had the car a few weeks,so I have avoided them like the plague and as you probably have seen its not an isolated case,total waste of space is alls I can say.i have advised countless friends and ppl I know who have had the option of an A1 joke of a company warranty not to bother,I do hope however that things do work out for you and good luck

• 11 months later...
Dear invmatt

Sorry to learn of your problems with your claim. I am the Claims Director at A1 Approved and we take all customer concerns very seriously indeed. I would invite you to call me direct on 0800 9706860 to personally discuss this matter.

Kind Regards

Stuart Haskell

Did anyone have any luck here? Was Stuart in a senior role? I have a silver driver care policy with this company who in my opinion are fraudsters.

I purchased a car in October with 3 months warranty.

Within a fee weeks the brake pad light cane on,

the dealer said it was wear and tear,

a few weeks later I needed new glow plugs and a repair to the rely after it was discovered someone had previously tried to either bypasd the rely or take a feed from it. Again this was wear and tear and by now I am £200 out of pocket.

The drive belt tensioner failed and threw the drivebelt this week.

The recovery company and the mechanic who I appointed both said this was a mechanical fail and not wear and tear.

After getting off the phone to A1 and telling me they were refusing to authorise the claim the mechanic took a look at the warranty booklet and said NOTHING covered by the silver cover is ever going to fail and the warranty is a SC@M.

The dealer tried to say the age and miles on the car are too high for a claim

- he supplied both the car and the warranty!!!

In total for the three jobs I am £360 out of pocket.

Who do I issue the county court claims at?

The Warranty Company or the dealer who sold me the car?

Thanks