Shop Direct/Lowells no CCA Account closed **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the debt is made up of mainly charges, then you should claim them back and have them applied to the debt, and hopefully this will pretty much zero the account..

as lowells bought the debt, do I claim back the charges from Lowells?.....I tried to claim back from shop direct, but was told to 'get stuffed' as mentioned in the thread earlier

cheers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way did they tell you to 'get stuffed'? Did they write? What did they say and what reasons did they give? Under CPUTR, any charged must reflect the actual loss suffered.

I don't think it's illegal to sell on an account in dispute - it's just bad practice.

• Haha 1

In what way did they tell you to 'get stuffed'? Did they write? What did they say and what reasons did they give? Under CPUTR, any charged must reflect the actual loss suffered.

I don't think it's illegal to sell on an account in dispute - it's just bad practice.

They wrote to me stating that they would not refund the charges, that I agreed to the charges as stated in the T&C's when I signed the agreement.

So, should I go after Lowells for the charges?

No tell lowlifes that the account is in dispute with shop direct as they are trying to claim a debt made up mainly of charges;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/580-letter-when-bankdca-attempt-to-collect-on-penalty-charge-situation

Then go back to SD & request the charges be refunded and applied to the account, just because they say you 'Agreed' to their charges doesn't mean that you agree they are fair.

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

yep, thanks for the advice...I'm going to go back to shop direct...give it the old "Letter before Action" header, and address it to the CEO...That should get the message across...lol....I guess they'll give me the merry-go-round re. charges, I guess at the end of the day, I'll have to start court proceedings against them

forgot to ask, but I've a few shop direct accounts (empire, littlewoods, great universal etc) that I'm looking to re-claim charges....Can I get away with one subject access request for all the accounts, or will I have to sent individual SAR'S ..

after all £10 is lot cheaper than £50 ;)

• 1 month later...

I had an extraordinary delivery from the postie today.....16, yes 16 Default notices for the SAME account.....Its a great universal account, a bog-standard credit account opened on-line 3 years (no signed CA).....What they have done is basically issued a seperate DN for each item purchased for arrears due on each individual purchase....Are they allowed to do this?.....The account has been in dispute for 10 months due to disputed penalty charges, and is currently with NDR (their in-house DCA)....Can anyone advise firstly, whether or not they can issue multiple DN's for a single credit account, and if not, what my plan of action should be??

cheers :)

If memory serves correct they tend to claim that each purchase is governed by its own terms as the last repayment date will be different etc.

They do tend to report these defaults on credit records so you'll more than likely need to write to them and remind them that this is an alleged single regulated agreement and not multiples as they will be reporting.

S.

• 3 weeks later...

Good!...................for now........keep that letter filed away for the next DCA to come out the woodwork, well done on beating lowlifes tho..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!