Athena Parking Fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I've received a letter from Athena saying I've stayed too long in the car park etc. I've read a few posts on here about similar letters which gives me hope as I almost paid it straight away just to get it off my mind! My question is, is it better to send the template letter which says I deny responsibility, prove who was driving etc. or just to ignore them altogether? What does everyone think? This is the first letter I've received from them less than a week ago.

Also, I don't know if this is important but I was planning to transfer my private plate onto my new car (the one that received the ticket) in a couple of weeks (£80 transfer fee to DVLA, what a waste after the cost of the plate itself!!!!) Does this affect the PPC in any way or make me look guilty at all? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Have I created a bigger problem for myself?confused.gif I had no idea of their reputation until I looked in here and If I had known would not have sent payment.

I received a second letter from Athena asking for the full amount of £90 after already paying the £45 reduced charge.  I don't know if the cheque and 2nd letter crossed paths but wonder where I stand now?  Are they likely to pursue me for the full amount and if so should I ignore further letters?

I am in Scotland so Scottish law applies.

Thanks in advancesmile.gif 

ignore them

dx

roxy dont cut paste to a msg box, just brings up crap..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have I created a bigger problem for myself?

I had no idea of their reputation until I looked in here and If I had known would not have sent payment. I received a second letter from Athena asking for the full amount of £90 after already paying the £45 reduced charge. I don't know if the cheque and 2nd letter crossed paths but wonder where I stand now? Are they likely to pursue me for the full amount and if so should I ignore further letters?

I am in Scotland so Scottish law applies.

Thanks in advance :)

Apologies, I tried to fix it but don't know what happened!

use the edit button on that msg box

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its NOT a fine

its an INVOICE!

so it cannot affect your credit rating

you did not eneter into any credit agreement with them!!!

its a [problem]

DO SOME READING

dx

and they

Does not paying the 'fine' affect my credit rating at all?

Only if you were taken to court AND lost AND didn't pay in 28 days after that.

Happily Athena (like 99% of these parasitic companies) have never done court because they'd lose.

This is a mail [problem]. One part of the [problem] is preying on peoples' ignorance about CCJs and credit in order to obtain money they have no legal right to.

I just received my 'final reminder' letter today! They make me laugh.

"On the contravention date you were the driver of the vehicle with the registration number shown"

Hmmmm... How can they say such a thing without proof? There is no photo of me driving! Idiots!!!!

• 4 months later...

HELP! The date that I got the ticket was 10.04.10 and athena sent me 3 letters in total. That was it. Now I have just received a random letter about the 'offence'.

They have transferred my case to LRC which is a debt collection company. Saying I have 2 weeks to pay £115 or I may be taken to court. I still stand by what everyone has advised me, to ignore all letters, but this letter is more official looking than athenas. Advice please!! I'm worried!

When I were a lad, LRC was "The London Rubber Company", and they made condoms!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Saying I have 2 weeks to pay £115 or I may be taken to court. I still stand by what everyone has advised me, to ignore all letters, but this letter is more official looking than athenas. Advice please!! I'm worried!

Official looking? You mean they have Word 2007 whereas Athena are still on 2000? :-D

Carry on ignoring. They seem awfully keen to send you letters, yet after 5 months you still haven't had a letter from court. What does that tell you?

Hey Chelsy, I'm in exactly the same boat, I over stayed at a Lidl in April and got 3 demands - then all went quiet for a couple of months. Then yesterday I got exactly the same letter as you demanding £115. Carry on ignoring I guess and see if it goes anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I've received my 2nd letter from LRC debt collectors. I have never responded to them as advised and don't intend to. They are scaring me though. Just a couple questions.

They threaten to send a County Court Claim Form. I know it's unlikely Athena will take me to court. However, if I receive a form summoning me to court should I go? How will I know it's legit?

Have Athena ever bothered to take anyone to court??

Also my 'offence' was commited April '10. When will the letters stop?? Haven't they got bored yet??

I know I should ignore the letters. I will not pay these con artists. But it's causing me stress and would like reassurance.

Thanks guys

Wait I have another question!

How can Legal Recoveries & Collections take on Athenas case? (Assuming LRC is a legitimate company) Won't this make Athena more determined to get my money as they have to pay LRC?

I'm in exactly the same boat.

I'd hope they would have given up but it seems the more people who refuse to pay the more they are willing to keep at it trying to get money from you.

I suspect the debt collection agency is on a commission only basis, so it won't be costing Athena anything else.

My understanding is the only letter to take seriously is a court summons. Anything else should just be ignored. Though this is can be a bit trying when they simply won't let it drop.