cps (car park systems ltd) ticket help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well i parked in a local private carpark run by cps (car park systems ltd)today and the sign said 20min free so off i went came back 7min later and a man is in the process off givin me a ticket :(

aparently i still have to display a ticket even tho the first 20 min is free

iv looked at the ticket cant see if there is any mistake on it other than theres no name in the issuing officer bit but has signed it in the signiture bit

so any help is really appreciated

oh and just incase you didnt get the message

ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well i parked in a local private carpark run by cps (car park systems ltd)today and the sign said 20min free so off i went came back 7min later and a man is in the process off givin me a ticket :(

aparently i still have to display a ticket even tho the first 20 min is free

iv looked at the ticket cant see if there is any mistake on it other than theres no name in the issuing officer bit but has signed it in the signiture bit

so any help is really appreciated

i should mention the carpark is hollis carpark in eastwood i dont know if its a council one or not

i should mention the carpark is hollis carpark in eastwood i dont know if its a council one or not

If CPS are running it, then it won't be a council car-park. It's private, so just ignore.

I live not far from The Hollies in Eastwood and I believe that it is now council run!

The Iceland is managed by a private company but if you check the board in the Hollies Im sure you will find its council.

Can I suggest you go and check to be certain?

Im going past there myself today and will double check it, dont ignore it if its council.

I live not far from The Hollies in Eastwood and I believe that it is now council run!

The Iceland is managed by a private company but if you check the board in the Hollies Im sure you will find its council.

Can I suggest you go and check to be certain?

Im going past there myself today and will double check it, dont ignore it if its council.

what if its council carpark but run by a private firm

It doesn't matter who is running it, if the sign say first 20 mins free and doesn't make it clear that you must still display during those 20 mins, then there is no contract with anyone.

It may not matter who runs it but you still should not ignore if its council, I think the board needs checking to confirm what it does and does not say.

I understand that even the Iceland is now council, I forget the company but thought it was private, the sign does say 'Broxtowe Borough Council'.

Edited by Startkey&Clutch

Contact the council parking enforcment with some excuse that you think you had a ticket but lost it or something and can they check the computer to find the payment deadline.

They will confirm you got a ticket or know nothing about it.

but DONT just pay up without checking first.

also the key here will be the words on the ticket.....

Penalty Charge Notice

are the only ones to worry about

anyother or more words it will be PPC .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I like ashmk's suggestion. The ticket wording itself is not conclusive as it may be incorrectly described, and doubly so for the car park signs.

The converse, less likely possibility is a CEO incorrectly enforcing on private land without authority.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

It looks like I was mistaken about it being council, Ive been to have a look and it does not mention council on the signs, whats confused me is that the local market is held on this site and I had been assured it was council run, but it seems not.

IMG_0199 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Nor the ticket machine

IMG_0200 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It does say a ticket must be obtained, but no mention of displayed!!!

The council office is only a 2 minute walk from here so to be sure I would go and ask anyway.

Edited by Startkey&Clutch

well i emailed the council about the ticket and why im not payin it and they came back saying its not run by them its privatley owned and its contracted out to cps(car park systems) to run

so ive emailed the people that run it what happened and why im not willing to pay but still waiting to here from them

It looks like I was mistaken about it being council, Ive been to have a look and it does not mention council on the signs, whats confused me is that the local market is held on this site and I had been assured it was council run, but it seems not.

IMG_0199 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Nor the ticket machine

IMG_0200 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It does say a ticket must be obtained, but no mention of displayed!!!

The council office is only a 2 minute walk from here so to be sure I would go and ask anyway.

cheers for your help i noticed on the sign pic that the standard charge is 40quid for not displaying but my penalty notice is saying 80quid so is that somthing i could use if it came to it

well i emailed the council about the ticket and why im not payin it and they came back saying its not run by them its privatley owned and its contracted out to cps(car park systems) to run

so ive emailed the people that run it what happened and why im not willing to pay but still waiting to here from them

You should not have contacted them, you have saved them £2.50 for the registered keepers details from the DVLA, and you will now be on the "hooked fish" list, meaning that they will take longer to leave you alone.

They will tell you that your appeal has been rejected. From now on IGNORE all correspondence from them, their so called debt collectors and their dodgy "solicitors". Do not contact them again, it is a [problem].

You should not have contacted them, you have saved them £2.50 for the registered keepers details from the DVLA, and you will now be on the "hooked fish" list, meaning that they will take longer to leave you alone.

They will tell you that your appeal has been rejected. From now on IGNORE all correspondence from them, their so called debt collectors and their dodgy "solicitors". Do not contact them again, it is a [problem].

well i didnt give my name or address or any other info on me

well i didnt give my name or address or any other info on me

Thats good. When you said you'd emailed them I assumed you had told them who you were. If you are the RK you will soon start receiving rubbish through the post. Now you know what to do with it!