Moorcroft sent credit card debt back to LLoyds

eastender100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, could anybody help with this strange letter received from Moorcroft Debt Recovery. I sent them a cca requset and this is what I received back.

We refer to your recently received letter requesting data as per Section 77-79 Consumer Credit act 1974.

We duly confirm that we have requested the relevant documentation from our client and once received we will forward the same to you. Meanwhile, we duly confirm that all collection activity on the account has been put on hold and we will not seek to enforce payment of this debt until such time as the documentation has been supplied or we have advised you to the contrary.

In the meantime, however, we believe that it maybe of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that any potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to any possible court action or further investigation. To this end can you provide an indication of the information you will be relying upon, when giving evidence to the court or information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of this account.

Please could you provide this information by return as this will ensure that all possible areas of the dispute are identified as quickly as possible thereby minimizing potential costs and delays.

Should you have any questions or require and additional information please do not hessitate to contact us direct on the telephone number shown above.

If any one could give me some help on this it would be great as i'm not sure what info they need from me if any.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would personaly give them nothing until the CCA request is complied with why should you provide evidence of disputes and or accounts which is how I interpret what they are requesting if they havent got this why are they chasing you for money in the first place!

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"

• 1 month later...

Hi, Can someone give me some advice on this as it seems a bit strange, I sent Moorcroft a cca request at the beginning of Feb, they never produced anything, so i sent them a default letter, they then said that they have sent my request to the original creditor. Today i received a letter from them saying they have passed the account back to the original creditor and i will have to deal with them from now on. I have contacted the original creditor and they said they don't know anything about it and i should still deal with Moorcroft!

P.S the original creditor says they don't keep agreement over 6 years old so they haven't got it.

First Rule - never telephone anyone in this regard, you have no proof of what was said. Always deal in writing so that you have a paper trail.

That having been said, this type of response usually means that there is no original Agreement to be had.

No Agreement no requirement to pay unless you want to.

This will probably not stop then selling it on again and again, to various other DCAs' but your answer to that will be to send them copies of the 'bemused' letter.

P.S the original creditor says they don't keep agreement over 6 years old so they haven't got it.

Have you got that in writing? If so just tell em to go away! Or start quoting the Money Laundering regs, which I believe they have just admitted that they have broken!!!! Not to mention all the other acts etc!

Take Care

Jon

Thanks for your replies, I just wanted to offer them a F&F but I think I will wait and see what happens, also Moorcrfot sent my £1 back lol

F&F they write the debt off and you won't report them for Money Laundering!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all can anyone give me some advice as to the next steps to take, Moorcroft were dealing with a Lloyds credit card I had with them , I cca them they sent me a letter saying that they had sent the request to there client (Lloyds) then no responce, I then sent them a default letter again no responce from Lloyds but Moorcroft sent me a letter saying that they have now passed this back to there client as they could not comply with my request. Now SCM solicitors have sent me a letter asking me to pay within 7 days ( still no cca request)

I phoned Lloyds just after the Moorcroft letter and they told me they don't keep records after 6 years. My account was opened in 2001.

If anyone has some advice it would be very helpful.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I phoned Lloyds just after the Moorcroft letter and they told me they don't keep records after 6 years. My account was opened in 2001.
They are required by various laws including the Money Laundering Act to keep records for a period up to six years after the a/c is closed. ;)

Thank you for your replies, I think I will send the template letter. They havent confirmed in writing that they don't keep cca agreementes afterv 6 years, but I thought that was a strange thing to confess over the phone, in fact the person who I spoke to said I could go to my local Lloyds branch and pick up one!

LLoyds are horrendous to deal with. They have so many departments they dont know their !"£$ from their elbow.

THey have admitted to me in writing on at least 4 occasions they do not hold a copy or the original of the agreement and go on to state they dont need to as they are only required to keep it for 6 years. :D

safe to say i ignore their demands now. Awaiting **** to crawl out of the woodwork soon. :rolleyes:

Hi all, does anyone have any idea how lon LLoyds keep there CCA agreements for, when I asked for my cca request they told me they don't keep them after 6 years, they haven't confirmed that in writin, but would be interested to know if anyone has had the same responce.

I think 6 years is the minimum. That is the law under money laundering regulations.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

eastender100............Hi welcome..........from your thread it would appear you have been talking to them by phone,you will find most of us will suggest no phone conversations in writing only.If they phone you dont answer their security questions simply state I will only deal with your questions in writing only.Most banks will tell you they only keep records for 6 years and at some stage most of us have been told this.Do not accept this,push it and you should get between 10 to 12 years.Send them a SAR letter (available from Cag template letter files) and add that you require statements and records etc and insert the date (ie statements from 1998 or whenever you require the details from),this should get you on the right track by the way a SAR requires a £10 postal order and send it recorded delivery..........wish you the best...FS

I should of expanded my previous post, why have you CCA'd. I feel that at this stage a written CCA request would suffice if that is all you requiure.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.

Enclose a £1 postal order and do not sign it. They have 12+2 days to respond. Send recorded delivery

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.