Spot the error competition

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL,

This is a great idea BF - do we have examples of each letter?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

LOL,

This is a great idea BF - do we have examples of each letter?

Oh yes. And there's lots more.

But of course - I expect that there is lots more that we don't have - so come on everybody.

Let's have your T&Cs and your correspondence and the defences which they sent you.

they are all on the left - it is what each bank told the supreme court, looks like they all got the same script writer:D - I am amazed the supreme court did not notice the STRIKING similarities in each statement

No, what the banks said to the Supreme Court was all said by one man - Jonathan Sumption QC speaking on behalf of all of the banks together.

Funny, that.

Yes,

I feel sorry for them, they must have had to cut down to 10 magnums of Cristal per night poor things

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

If ever an organisation (the Banks) needed a Labour Spin Doctor it's now :D

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Of course. The banks have been misleading their customers for years.

What the Supreme court decision does is to provide incontravertible evidence that the banks have been misleading their customers

You might say that it is an abuse of their dominant position, contrary to the requirements of good faith and which causes detriment to the customer ....

Hang on, that rings a bell ... Oh yes, that is what it says in reg.5 UTCCR - and when that kind of abuse happens ... it invalidates the contractual term.

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

So it is now up to you lot to write to your bank, tell them that they haven't been entirely upfront about their charges and so you would like them back.

Don't go to the Ombudsan. He won't help you.

Go the County Court. They will help you. But don't hang around.

Do you want your money or not?

Just emailed a letter which might help the cause.

A REFUSAL FOR ME TO CHARGE THEM AT THE SAME RATE OH DEAR THATS NOT LOOKING VERY FAIR IS IT?

oh and the answer to the comp is of course - all of them lol.

Edited by rdm2006

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

oh and the answer to the comp is of course - all of them lol.

Wrong.

sorry i meant all on the left hand side (or is it the right - depends which you are accepting as the truth lol)

Edited by rdm2006

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

sorry i meant all on the left hand side (or is it the right - depends which you are accepting as the truth lol)

Still wrong

Ok i give in LOL

The fees reflect and are proportionate to the Defendant's administrative expenses incurred due to the Claimant's breach of contract and are a genuine pre-estimate of the damage suffered by the Defendant.
How did abbey get away with that ? Edited by rdm2006

;)

will that help ???

;)

Should we ignore these typos?

An administrative fee charged when we fee return unpaid any cheque, An overdraft administration fee is applied when your account goes overdrawn without a pre-arranged fee facility or when it exceeds an arranged facility. An overdraft administration fee is overdraft applied when your account goes overdrawn without a pre-arranged Charge.

Would the answer be:

Those charges will necessarily exceed by a large margin the costs to the bank of dealing with the particular transactions that occasion them, because they are actually a revenue stream essential to the funding of the whole current account operation and not just the particular transactions on current accounts which give rise to their charging.
x 6, by any chance?

Or how about HSBC....they seem to be suffering from some sort of amnesia....

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your e-message dated AAA AAA 200X.

I regret to inform you that a refund will not be applicable for the charges which you have

quantified.

Please be advised that the bank's position is that all of its charges to customer are fair

and reasonable. They are contained in the published price list, and the circumstances

when they apply are set out clearly in the terms and conditions of the account. In many

instances, our charges are less than those applied by our competitors

Claiming today.

Found them. :razz:

But still wrong

No.