LLOYDS CCA Reply- comments please

HOWLER
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloyds are as hopeless as the other banks.

I have had letters from a DCA saying Lloyds are dealing with my CCA request which they got in June 2010. But last week got a letter from Lloyds saying I have seven days to pay full balance or they will start legal action!!!

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haven't heard from Lloyds or their DCA since August, following my complaint that the a/c should not have been passed to a DCA as it was in dispute.

This morning I have received two letters from Lloyds and one from the DCA all in the same post! The two Lloyds ones say, we are still looking at your complaint etc. get back to you in four weeks. The other says that they are requesting a copy of my loan agreement and loan terms, not too clever seeing as it's a credit card not a loan? Also that as they've been sending me monthly statements and etc. that I have accepted the validity of the arrangement, it's terms and conditions and thus its standing in contract law? The debt is now therefore being dealt with by the DCA although they have now stopped interest on it, except they've been adding this on since July when I declared the a/c in dispute due to the lack of a correct SAR and CCA. I have only ever received a printed of T&C's from a different date than when my account was opened, which bore no obvious relation to anything to do with my actual account and some years after my credit card was taken out.

The DCA letter says they are looking in to my complaint and will get back to me when they have heard from their client.

With the whole Carey vs HBS situation is it still viable to dispute the lack of CCA/ SAR etc. or is this now not going to hold any weight in the argument if it goes to Court. Also are Lloyds legally able to pass the debt to the DCA and continue to add interest when the account was plainly in dispute? Thanks

Hi Vancouver

It seems that when these idiots come up with the Cary v HSBC they only pick out bits they want. As I am in the same battle with lloyds as u and had the same letters, I reply to the comment on Cary v HSBC with the following.

With regard to the documents you have already supplied it is clear that substantial variation have been made. I would refer you to the case of Carey v HSBC. The following is a brief summary of point 4 in the summary.

(4) If an agreement has been varied by the creditor under a unilateral power of variation, the creditor must still provide a copy of the original agreement, as well as the varied terms;

E

Thanks Elrib, I'm particularly annoyed to suddenly get them back on the case some 6 months since I last heard from them. Their attitude definitely seems to have been led by the Carey case as they allude to me trying to get out of the debt. The irony is, I'd originally asked for a mid term arrangement to get me through my current predicament and they would not even converse on the subject, despite me being a customer for 20 odd years and never previously missing a payment. After looking at threads on CAG I decided to question the entire agreement and they still have not managed to supply me with anything at all that relates to my account!

I will now respond to them and use your point from the Carey case and see what their response is. Of course six months ago they ignored my complaint that they had passed the A/C on to a DCA despite it being in dispute and I've never had an answer to this.

Thanks again, I was tempted to give up after reading the blog from Caro but I think it might be worth a few more letters and see who bottles it first!

I have a similar situation with LloydsTSB and originally my account was passed to AIC -- saw them off and then Apex Credit Management Ltd was instructed to act as an intermediary.

I complained about Apex's behaviour and low and behold LloydsTSB have voluntarily refunded over £1,500 in unlawful/penalty charges. They can be beaten - just follow the advise on here and be dogged in your determination!

Good Luck!

Impecunious! :-)

A big get stuffed is in order

my 5.5 k is with apex

pure amateurs!!!!! Laughable offer

Apex are incredible!!!! :-D Brilliant :-D

They recently sent me a six page letter explaining why I should pay them and giving pages and pages of reasons mentioning Judge Waksman case ................

Only small problem for them is .......................... hidden away on page three they have written "Lloyds Banking Group have confirmed that they are unable to supply you with a copy of your agreement. Hence as you have not been provided with a copy of your agreement your debt cannot be enforced through the courts" He He ..... Thank you Apex.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Oh yes, H&L Legal - rent-a-letter solicitors for DCAs - I've had the pleasure of receiving their correspondence too. I just ignored them and told them I was contacting the OC instead to make arrangements!

I think there's quite a few threads on H&L on here too.

Good Luck!

I have a similar situation with LloydsTSB and originally my account was passed to AIC -- saw them off and then Apex Credit Management Ltd was instructed to act as an intermediary.

I complained about Apex's behaviour and low and behold LloydsTSB have voluntarily refunded over £1,500 in unlawful/penalty charges. They can be beaten - just follow the advise on here and be dogged in your determination!

Good Luck!

Now I just have to get the idiots to refund me - not set cheque against o/d current account. DOH!!!