CSA question

natalie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner (we are not married) lives with me. He is disabled and has been left with serious health issues after mistakes during chemo and radiotherapy.

He cannot work, and, because he lived off savings rather than putting in a claim for benefits hasnt paid enough NI to claim anything other than DLA.

I am on long term Incapacity benefit and I have 2 children.

My partner's ex has decided to take us to the CSA for his daughter. Which, considering he paid around £1k a month for her when he did work is like a kick in the teeth.

Obviously, he doesnt have any income other than his DLA, will I be liable for the CSA payments?

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Not to sure on liability someone will come along and answer, but as on benefits think the most that can be taken from benefits 5.00 a week if you were liable that is.

Are you sure you are getting all entitled to? again someone will add later. Welfare rights are gems you know.

The CSA has told my sister that because her EX is on benefits he will only have to pay £5 per week. Apparently this is standard she was told.

They can only take money from your claim if it is a joint claim. If you have a claim in your own name (most IB claims are) then no, they can't touch it.

Have you had a full benefits check to ensure you are both getting everything you are entitled to?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

The CSA has told my sister that because her EX is on benefits he will only have to pay £5 per week. Apparently this is standard she was told.

I was of the opinion that it would be a nominal payment of £5, if anything at all.

There's a maintenance calculator here...

https://secureonline.dwp.gov.uk/csa/v2/en/calculate-maintenance.asp

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Even if you haven't paid enough NI credits, you are still entitled to claim more than DLA. It definately sounds like you are missing out on benefits you are entitled to, as Erika says get your benefits checked.

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Natalie

If your partner has no other income other than DLA - he will have to be assessed at £0.00.. £5.00 per week is the set amount if in receipt of a prescribed benefit i.e. JSA/IS and Incapacity benefit is sometimes taken into account.. DLA definitely isnt. He needs to make sure he explains this to them - contact them asap and tell them no other income.. they will trace this through Inland Revenue.. and then hopefully will be assessed correctly based on the DLA.

As for taking money from your incapacity benefit - this could only be done if it is a joint claim - but again.. it shouldnt be pursued as he should be assessed to pay nil..

Get them to revise the amount in place at the moment - as they used the incorrect information..

Hope that helps a bit..