Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. Hi there Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. There is a lot to take in here.. but i would say as for your son being in education - get the csa to do a child benefit check.. as if this is not in payment then the case should be closed, may be worth getting them to check if your son has ever claimed benefits too. As for the liability order - is there anyway this can be appealed against? The debt wont be wiped off, but they may be a bit more lenient if you explain that you requested the breakdown etc and didnt get it, you want to make payments, just want to make sure they are right etc. As for the payments being made direct to the other parent - they are right on this.. as bad as it is.. if the parent with care denies that the monies you paid were for child maintenance then it goes against you.. may be something you can put in your appeal - if you can appeal against the liability order (sorry im not well up on these things). Anyway, on a final note, im sure your new family will stick by you no matter what and its hard to read the last line of your message. It will never be that bad, you can come to an agreement im sure. Hope you are ok and sorry if this doesnt really help much.
  2. Hi I really think the best thing to do is to contact them - really - it will only get worse if you dont. If the PWC has been in receipt of benefits for the majority of the case then yes the arrears would still be due to the secretary of state (not the csa). And if there are DMD's in place - you dont really need to provide the information you are talking about - where he didnt pay any tax etc.. you could provide other stuff that could maybe be taken into account.. but then the DMD's would still be in place for the times you can't supply info for.. hope this makes sense. As for old rules cases - these have greater penalties should you not provide wage info etc - so this would definitely be in your interests to provide the information. Seriously at least think about contacting them and discussing it - because otherwise it is a one way thing.. csa are just calculating what is owed and then trying to arrange to collect it - if you dont respond - they will have your say for you - and again you will probably come out worse than if you do communicate with them. Request an account breakdown - if your case is or has been old rules - specifically request a full old rules breakdown. And you looked a bit uncertain with percentages previously - it is 15% for 1 child, 20%vfor 2 children and 25% for 3 or more children. The csa can only take 40% of his net income - he must be left with 60% - this is called protected earnings - so the 40% will include the percentage for the child/ren plus arrears collection. Also you said he has started to claim ESA - tell them straight away.. this will reduce his liability sooner and also if on benefits - its harder to collect arrears and wont be pursued as much.. if at all. Hope this helps.
  3. Hi Seanamarts F0xy well said!! What I would say with the bailiffs is that at some point arrears have built up on the case and this is usually from the beginning when the case is being set up. The arrears on the case have to clear within 2 years.. so if he can't pay the arrears off in those two years.. they will look to send it to enforcement for bailiff action.. eg.. £10k arrears In 2 years he will pay £6k towards the arrears The remaining £4k will be sent to enforcement for the bailiffs to collect or obtain a liability order. If he is compliant with them though they may be willing to take the arrears over a longer period - he needs to make it clear that he is wanting to pay before it gets to this stage - but should they extend the length of time he has to clear them - as soon as a payment is missed they will not give him any more chances.. it takes a lot for the case to be sent to bailiffs in the first place - and it isnt usually a preferred method.. takes longer for them and its pretty complex stuff etc. As for your daughter, aslong as the csa have been given all the information - your daughter has done her bit to be honest. There are lots of avenues for the csa then. They do advise 12-20weeks for completing work like this but if they are struggling to find him it can take longer. But no doubt when someone actually picks up her case and realises that they have everything there - im sure it will get moving. As long as the case is set up - at least the arrears are building on her case - and now she will be entitled to all of her child support money even though she is on income support - this will be good for her when the payments do start coming in.. Keep ringing them maybe and chase them to get the work done.. Hope this helps!
  4. If the case is old rules it is calculated alot differently, so rent, housing costs (water, gas, elec, service charges) all taken into account. Prior/existing debts will not be taken into account though. If under new rules they do not look at these things, the only way to get any more deductions is through a variations process.. which looks at debts you may have with the ex partner (from when you were together) and you are still paying for.. if that makes any sense?!
  5. Hi It depends when his case first started? If it started before 03/03/03 - they can take into account rent, other children in household, etc. But if his case has been transferred or opened after this time - it will be calculated on the new rules system - it will then be purely based on his income and will get a reduction if he has any children living in his household.. Hope that makes sense!
  6. That is the max they can take.. depends if he is compliant. If he has one child they will deduct 15%, 2 children 20%, 3 or more is 25%.. then a percentage for arrears.. Rubbish but true.. Hope your friend gets it sorted out anyway.
  7. Hi there Im not sure if you have already found the answer.. but the csa can take up to 40% of your income; for regular maintenance and arrears. You have to be left with 60% of your income - which i presume would then be for things like council tax payments etc..
  8. Hi Just read your message, sounds like your friend needs all the help he can get. What I would suggest is to ring the benefits agency - they have to deduct the £5.00 per week - which is what your friend will be liable to pay per week. They can then 'request' from the job centre that an extra £1 is taken for any arrears accrued on the case. The maximum that can be taken is £1 for arrears. So in total £6.00 for CSA. When your friend gets a job - tell him to contact the csa - provide wage slips and tell him to start making the weekly amount.. If he doesnt they will go straight to his employer and deduct up to 40% of his income.. so it is in his interest to communicate with them. Tell him to find out what his arrears are and that he wants to negotiate a figure with them.. that way he is in control and they wont be able to go straight to his employer.. this may help a little.. Hope thats ok..
  9. Hi The best thing to do is to apply for maintenance through CSA, once they set up the case - the non resident parent is then liable to pay. Obviously it will depend on his income etc, but at least she will start to receive something.. for her children. She is paying for the mortgage and children on one income.. thats tough enough.. she is entitled to help from the absent father. Contact CSA get the ball rolling. If he doesnt comply they can go to the employer to obtain money, if self-employed can go through liability orders/bailiffs, accessing his bank account - freeze money etc.. Hopefully wont come to that and he will pay what is due to his child.. think people can forget that the money is for the child.. ah well.. hope this helps, if you need anything else let me know.
  10. Hi Natalie If your partner has no other income other than DLA - he will have to be assessed at £0.00.. £5.00 per week is the set amount if in receipt of a prescribed benefit i.e. JSA/IS and Incapacity benefit is sometimes taken into account.. DLA definitely isnt. He needs to make sure he explains this to them - contact them asap and tell them no other income.. they will trace this through Inland Revenue.. and then hopefully will be assessed correctly based on the DLA. As for taking money from your incapacity benefit - this could only be done if it is a joint claim - but again.. it shouldnt be pursued as he should be assessed to pay nil.. Get them to revise the amount in place at the moment - as they used the incorrect information.. Hope that helps a bit..
  11. Hi there CSA Cashcow.. The CSA liability is worked out weekly.. Find the date when your case originally started.. or the last assessment calculated - any assessments calculated on your account will all be to the same day. So take your son's 19th birthday.. then go back to the day the case originally started on.. this will be the date the case closes.. EX: Initial start of case - Wednesday Sons 19th birthday - Friday Go back from yours sons 19th birthday to the Wednesday - this is the date the case will close. However when they are looking at the closure of the case - it may not necessarily go from the 19th birthday - if child benefit ceased to be in payment to the other parent prior to this - the case is closed from that date. Hope that makes sense. As for cancelling your standing order.. cancel with the bank. If its a direct debit - contact csa immediately and get them to cancel at their end - then cancel it with your bank - they will reject the payment should csa try to claim. May be worth seeing if you have arrears on the case though.. as you will still need to make payments. Hope this helps..
  12. Hi there, Yes unfortunately that is the way - as rubbish and unrealistic as it is.. shared care will only apply if the child stays at least 52 nights per year. The other thing you could do if you don't have your children for this amount of time - is apply for a variation - this would mean you could apply to try and receive a reduction for things like travel costs. Also - if you have your children for time throughout school holidays etc.. add them up.. it doesnt have to be 1 night per week.. just 52 nights per year - if you understand me.. As for going self-employed - this wouldnt really solve anything and could end up causing you more trouble in the future. Really not recommended at this stage - as the csa is soon to become cmec - who will have a lot more powers.. you will be surprised. Hope this helps.
  13. Not a problem, should you need anything else, let me know! And hope you all get everything sorted.
  14. Ah ok - well that makes it a bit clearer.. so they told you he must pay £367 from xx .. but for whatever reason they are sending you £166.. well in that case there isn't really much else i can say.. other than 'wait for another breakdown..'! Complaints could be your best bet..! They will complete outstanding work on your case and then at least you will know where you are up to - even if it isnt the outcome you required.. Hope you get somewhere with this all anyway, and i really hope you get it sorted asap. Need anything else though, let me know!
  15. Hi Angel409 Tell the CSA that his daughter is no longer living with the parent with care - ask them to investigate this. They will need to establish if she left full time education? Or the date when child benefit ceased to be in payment. If child benefit is still in payment to his ex it can be difficult to prove. The case will need to be closed though, it is just the difficultly they will have confirming the effective date of the case closure - especially if his ex will not confirm these details. Try to give them a pretty accurate date as to when she left the household. Contact them asap. With regards to the AOE still in place - if the case does close then an account breakdown will be completed and this will show if you have made an overpayment - if you have this will be refunded back to you - can be lenghty process though so be patient (2 months). Hope this helps..
  • Create New...