Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof on bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this the 'grown up' equivalent of ARE WE THERE YET DAD??

DAD: "Nearly there son - nearly there! :D

SEE THAT BL**DY IDIOT ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!!:mad:"

MUM: "Keep calm dear! We'll not get there any quicker just because you're cursing the others going in the opposite direction". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

BD

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just checked on the 'doggy site' and someone said they telephoned GLC at around 2pm - Mike Dailly was not back from court at that time, but GLC apparently said their website will be updated when any news is available................

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

JUst curious if this was an actual hearing or was it just an evidential meeting prior to the full hearing?

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

I wouldn't worry aout the lack of press coverage. If the bank had won, their PR department would have been shouting from the rooftops. More likely a technical draw ie the judge has adjourned either because he granted more time to the bank to come up with more excuses or because he needs some time to write down a judgment that the bank can't wriggle out of on appeal.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Indeed, lets hope it was the latter. Well put by the way :D

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

I wouldn't worry aout the lack of press coverage. If the bank had won, their PR department would have been shouting from the rooftops. More likely a technical draw ie the judge has adjourned either because he granted more time to the bank to come up with more excuses or because he needs some time to write down a judgment that the bank can't wriggle out of on appeal.

Or.

because he needs some time to write down a judgement that the bank CAN wriggle out of on appeal.

This is the last update on the GLC website for this...which I see has been changed in the last few days....lots more legal info included. Will have to read thoroughly to see if there are clues to what happened on Friday:

Govan Law Centre: Scottish bank charge cases: amended pleadings

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

We must also remember that this was a private case that the GLC took on, and if it's still 'sub -judice' then they can't say too much about it until the good judge makes up his mind and puts it in writing ..... :)

Any speculation could be detrimental .......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Ok well the official bit is below....

Nothing yet. 8)