Lowell Vodafone Debt Vs Mrs Nailz **Help**

Nailz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

My partner has recently advise me that she has been having trouble with a debt recovery agency.

I happened across a forum where someone was having a very similar argument to my partner and upon further investigation it is Lowells... and WOW what a reputation this A-Holes have built up!

They have sent an initial letter in October to which my partner called them and advised she was unaware of the debt, and they sent more threatening letters. She contacted them again and asked for proof and they have sent what appeares to be a fake vodafone letter.

She wrote back and advised she would provide statments from back then to show its not owed and they wrote back saying the account is on hold but they have since sent 2 demand letters for the debt.

My question is, what next? they have not given us a date that this non payment was meant to have happened (although my partner thinks its from around 2003) so we cant send them the Statuate Barred letter yet and they are waiting for my partner to send in her bank statements from that year to prove payment,

My gut feeling is after reading everything here that we should not send them anything??

Help!!

Thanks in advance

Mr & Mrs Nailz

Hard Working, Hard Drinking, Hard Done By!

We cant be sure just yet though... as its only an educated guess thus far. We would lke to put a speedy end to it. I also forgot to say that she has had a default recorded against her by these clowns... how do we get this removed??

Hello, everyone I was really hoping for some advice. I guess my first post is too long and no one is reading through it! Sory, I am new here!

Please help!

Thanks

You have asked them to prove it - they haven't. I wouldn't send them bank statements - it is none of their business and they have no right to see them. It is up to them to prove she owes the debt, not for her to prove she doesn't. I would send the Statute Barred letter to their Complaints Department and tell them as far as you are concerned the matter is closed. It will be up to them to prove the debt isn't statute barred. They have no power over you whatsoever and are not known as the Leeds Losers for nothing. You are in charge of this, not them. If they continue to send you letters after you have posted the SB letter, send copies of their letters to the OFT reporting that Lowells are pursuing an alleged debt that is statute barred, with copies to Lowells Complaints department.

In the mean time should Lowell decide to be as daft as usual you may recieve letters from . . Red Debt Collections & Hampton Legal but don't worry about them either for they are just different desks in the Lowell emporium ;)

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi Nailz,

I'd certainly like to take a look at this for you and your partner to see what I can be done to sort this out.

Could you also contact the Web Relations Team by following the instructions in the pinned thread which cerberusalert has linked you to and then let me know when you've sent the email?

Many thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 3 weeks later...

Lee, hi

I have just sent the email as I have now recevied more letters from Lowell or (Red debt collection services now) threatening with bailiffs.

We are pretty sure this is under 6 years but know we do not owe the debt, what letter can I use as they are still threatening further action despite acknowledging the debt is in dispute.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Had some assitance off of Vodafone here (Lee is very helpful) however We stilll havent recieved anything from Vodafone in writing confirming the debt still exists, we have tried to prove it doesnt exist but have been unable to conclusivly prove it in Vodafones eyes. Lowells and Fredericksons wont stop sending us letters despite us writing to them more than once telling them the debt is in dispute and to stop chasing us.

Am I fighting a losing battle here, should I just pay Lowells, Frederiksons, whoever they are called this week? Or just continue to ignore them, the default is nearly 5 years old now anyway so will dissapear off of credit references soon.

Thanks for your assiticance guys

Nailz

lowells seem to be very active on mobile accounts lately they are after me after sending them the prove it letter they said they sent me statements there is only 1 statement available as my debt is from 2005 and the last bill was produced in 2006 and this was the only one they had yet lowell will say its a service agreement and they dont need to prove it as its not covered under the cca 1974 yet they sent me a load of drivvle going on about the cca 1974

ive paid them £1 and i might pay them more when i feel like it there letters goi quiet for a couple of weeks for me just by paying £1 and when they send me more demands i might send them another £1 they have no chance of taking you court as they have no proof.

Thanks for your response 247 but my questions I need help with are these

Am I fighting a losing battle here? should I just pay Lowells, Frederiksons, whoever they are called this week? Or just continue to ignore them? t

If the debt does not exist why would you pay anything? It is up to them to prove the debt does exist. I am being invoiced every month by BT for a landline that I migated to another provider (Virgin) about 6 years ago and is now owned by a different user after I moved house who migrated it to Sky. BT reserected the dead account last September and every month apply a £3.50 admin charge to it and credit the previous £3.50. It beggers belief. should I pay them because they decide they want £3.50 for me for a telephone line and service they don't even provide just to get rid of them? Of course not! SAR Vodaphone and keep at it. Send lowlife the in dispute letter and advise them that if you have to keep writing to them to advise that the aledged debt is in dispute you will enclose invoice against a £35 admin fee. Then you can start chasing them for payment. :whoo:x

Edited by brokebutnotbeatn

Hi All,

Had some assitance off of Vodafone here (Lee is very helpful) however We stilll havent recieved anything from Vodafone in writing confirming the debt still exists, we have tried to prove it doesnt exist but have been unable to conclusivly prove it in Vodafones eyes. Lowells and Fredericksons wont stop sending us letters despite us writing to them more than once telling them the debt is in dispute and to stop chasing us.

Am I fighting a losing battle here, should I just pay Lowells, Frederiksons, whoever they are called this week? Or just continue to ignore them, the default is nearly 5 years old now anyway so will dissapear off of credit references soon.

Thanks for your assiticance guys

Nailz

Hi Nailz,

To enable me to follow this up further could you reply to the last email I sent to you and I'll come back to you as soon as possible?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 months later...

Hi

Any update on this case?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE