Sisters Barclaycard debt & HFO

247orbital
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Barclaycard influx is very worrying - if I were BC I would be looking into this and how they can best assist their previous 'customers'. They often 'wash their hands' of it and tell people to contact HFO when it is information from BC that they actually need.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Still think the ‘as previously informed’ and ‘reminder notice of assignment’ letters are deliberately misleading.

We need to encourage anyone whose first contact is via one of these letters to complain to the OFT. Maybe we should start suggesting sending SARs to HFO to see what letters they reckon they’ve sent previously?

May be worth putting that suggestion into any "stickies" that provide a comprehensive list of what to do when approached by the vermin. Not sure if there IS a sticky for that, and if not it might be worth making one up...or not, dunno just throwing an idea around for myself as well atm

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

would it be possible to do that with the majority of DCA's? Or are there just too many these days?

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

HFO are a particularly nasty DCA amongst nasty DCAs. I am trying to put together the list you suggested based on the advice I keep giving to people but everyone is different so it may vary.

If approached by HFO, I always recommend an immediate CCA request, Telephone harassment letter, SAR and telephone calls to Barclaycard and complaints to OFT and Consumer Direct plus CRAs and ICO if they send personal data. NEVER speak to them on the phone unless you can record the calls, log all calls and keep all letters and envelopes. Keep everything in writing.

Also Elsa has a good blog on being harassed by DCAs.

donate

• 2 weeks later...

Recently wrote to both Experian and Equifax regarding an incorrect default date for an old Barclaycard account. I have confirmation of the original date from BC from a SAR. I sent covering letters and copies of the original default notice to both the CRA.

Today Experian responded by saying that after they have contacted HFO they have informed them that the date listed is correct, despite my copy of the default notice being sent to Experian direct. Usual buck passing, they are not responsible etc as customers (HFO) sign an agreement that the information they supply is true and they carry out 200 checks etc etc. So even after being supplied with copies of the OC default date they still take HFO's word with no evidence that the date they list is correct. Experian even sent me the screen shot of the conversation between them and HFO.

I have notified Experian today that I consider them to be in breach of the data protection act and they have a further 14 days to remove the incorrect listing (as its outside the 6 years) or I will take Experian to court for compensation/removal etc.

As yet Equifax (who are normally easier to deal with) have not responded.

I have also today finally started my long awaited battle with HFO directly, something I tried to avoid by going straight to the CRA's.

I have also contacted Barclaycard and asked for an explanation for the delay in the registering the default with the CRA's and copies of all data which was sent to HFO when they purchased the debt. I have already had some information from them as part of a SAR, but to date no CCA or NOA, which I specifically requested. The original 40 days is up and I have given them another 14 days to respond.

Brief outline, HFO have a date of default on my CF I know to be incorrect and the SAR to BC proved this, I have today contacted them after receiving a negative but expected response from Experian.

Recently wrote to both Experian and Equifax regarding an incorrect default date for an old Barclaycard account. I have confirmation of the original date from BC from a SAR. I sent covering letters and copies of the original default notice to both the CRA.

Today Experian responded by saying that after they have contacted HFO they have informed them that the date listed is correct, despite my copy of the OC default notice being sent to Experian direct. Usual buck passing, they are not responsible etc as customers (HFO) sign an agreement that the information they supply is true and they carry out 200 checks etc etc. So even after being supplied with copies of the OC default date they still take HFO's word with no evidence that the date they list is correct. Experian even sent me the screen shot of the conversation between them and HFO.

I have notified Experian today that I consider them to be in breach of the data protection act and they have a further 14 days to remove the incorrect listing (as its outside the 6 years) or I will take Experian to court for compensation/removal etc.

As yet Equifax (who are normally easier to deal with) have not responded.

I have also today finally started my long awaited battle with HFO directly, something I tried to avoid by going straight to the CRA's.

I have also contacted Barclaycard and asked for an explanation for the delay in the registering the default with the CRA's and copies of all data which was sent to HFO when they purchased the debt. I have already had some information from them as part of a SAR, but to date no CCA or NOA, which I specifically requested. The original 40 days is up and I have given them another 14 days to respond.

Have you lodged a formal complaint about the bum chums allowing incorrect data to be placed on your CRF? That will be an easy grand in the bank for libel then, cheers experian....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No doubt your CRA entries are in the name of HFO Services, yet your Barclaycard was was probally sold to one of the Capitals or even Roxburghe, if this is the case then HFO Services should not be the name on your credit file, they are after all separate legal companies, they know this I have a WS signed by Alisdair Turnbull himself admitting the fact.

Last time I looked at my CF HFO Services was still being recorded as the creditor, which is incorrect, have just not been arsed to challenge as HFO gave in against me and my bank have always ignored the entry, as we have a long creditworthy relationship, but it might just be the time to kick up a stink and try and put another nail in the coffin.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I also have unresolved issues with Equifax, HFO and the entries on my file (two of them, one Services and the other the OC) but it was banging my head against a brick wall so gave up.

donate

I also have unresolved issues with Equifax, HFO and the entries on my file (two of them, one Services and the other the OC) but it was banging my head against a brick wall so gave up.

Maybe we should keep banging

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

If like me you have proof from the OC that the default date HFO have registered is false they don't have a leg to stand on in my opinion. It just a matter of forcing them into court, which I doubt it would ever come to. They would just claim an admin error etc.

Main thing is the CRA's contracts and 200 checks, they allegedly have in place with these companies are not fit for purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this, I have had no contact from Experian at all, Equifax have written informing me that they contacted HFO and the information was correct. They even sent a copy of the screen shot of the emails between them and HFO.

I then wrote to HFO (somethiing I tried to avoid) enclosing the a copy of the correct default date from Barclaycard. They wrote back informing me after contacting BC the default HFO had listed was incorrect and it would be removed from my credit files. It all seems a bit to straight forward for my liking, but HFO are quiet at the moment. HFO laid the blame clearly with Barclaycard in the letter for the incorrect data.

I have now written to both Barclaycard and HFO inviting offers of compensation.

Updates if and when they come.

Just a quick update on this, I have had no contact from Equifax at all, Experian have written informing me that they contacted HFO and the information was correct. They even sent a copy of the screen shot of the emails between them and HFO.

I then wrote to HFO (something I tried to avoid) enclosing the a copy of the correct default date from Barclaycard. They wrote back informing me after contacting BC the default HFO had listed was incorrect and it would be removed from my credit files. It all seems a bit to straight forward for my liking, but HFO are quiet at the moment. HFO laid the blame clearly with Barclaycard in the letter for the incorrect data.

Barclaycard have ignored my last letter completely and to date Equifax who are normally very good have not responded at all

I have now written to both Barclaycard and HFO inviting offers of compensation.

Updates if and when they come.

You should add Equifax into that group, seeing as they failed to carry out the correct checks, and allowed incorrect data to be processed on your file, they are as much to blame as the rest of them!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

oh don't you worry! There are letters before action ready to go to all of them HFO/Barclaycard/Equifax/Experian. I am being very lenient with time scales as when this does go to court the judge will see they were given ample time and opportunity to respond to my questions etc.

and I have an amazing paper trail now which goes back to January 2010 when this matter was first queried by me.