Sisters Barclaycard debt & HFO

247orbital
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is their usual ‘your debt has been sold to us, and you are now subject to our standard terms and conditions’.

No way, Jose. As said, the only T&Cs that can ever apply are the originals – if they can find them – unless there is agreement between the parties, or unless there is a clause in the original agreement which says they can be varied in this way – ie. once again, if they can find the T&Cs. Which they hardly ever can, and usually they simply bung in any old T&Cs roughly from the period. Beyond about six or seven years ago, Barclaycard, for example, never microfiched the T&Cs with the application, so HFO are always guessing.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
My SAR went off today apparently, Barclaycard are normally good at returning SAR's. What sort of time frame should I expect?

within the 40 day timescale.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I usually tell people to list previous and new address and send a Utility bill, but others have sorted it over the phone with BC. BC are normally reasonably quick at

sending some information but may send additional data withing the 40 days so you do have to wait.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Sorry Coledog, will do upon my return, I just want all the paper work when I arrive to start the action against HFO. I know an SAR has 40 calender days for response, but I was under the impression that Barclaycard were quite prompt with SAR's.

I won't post any more on this thread.

Just to update:

Had SAR information back from Barclaycard, written proof account was defaulted in late Jan 2004! Barclaycard did not register the default until March 2005, 14 months later. Barclaycard have removed their default last year (2010) after they were contacted.

HFO are confirmed as purchasing the account May 2007 and yet show the date of default as Nov 2006.

The account has nearly £500 worth of charges and yet the original limit was only £500.

I also have the date of last payment and the alleged debt is long SB!

I will give HFO the chance to remove the incorrect entry on my CF, 28 days, then 10 days failing that a LBA and complaints to the OFT, ICO etc.

Now can someone advise me on these charges and what to do regarding them etc. There is also PPI on the Barclaycard account.

Also not that to date there is no CCA from Barclaycard at all but they do have another few weeks yet to fully respond to the SAR.

Contact with HFO is on hold until then.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to all the recent influx of HFO posts I think it can come to one conclusion, these mainly Barclaycard debts are nearing the end of there 6 year life. Hence all the activity. These all seem to stem from HFO purchasing them around 2006/07, in my experience these will be from accounts that defaulted in 2004/05.

I strongly urge anyone who has had recent contact from HFO to SAR Barclaycard (or the OC), double check the default date listed on your credit file as HFO are well known to have altered these to when they purchased the debt. Check all the charges, check for the valid CCA (in my case even Barclaycard can't come up with one). Check for the date of last payment, very important for SB status.

HFO have sat on these accounts for a very long time and it seems these are lemons and they know it. We all know DCA's play the numbers game for every 10 calls or letters they write you can guarantee that only 1 in 10 knows their rights under law. Its not about avoidance its about not being bullied by questionable companies who use deceit and lies for their own gain.

All the average consumer wants is a decent chance at repayment of debt, if the OC's were more approachable and not so quick to write off their losses and sell to these parasitic DCA's. Repayment would be direct to them. Its a question of common sense and fairness.

And I can not stress strongly enough COMPLAIN!

To the ICO, Trading Standards, OFT, your MP, Consumer TV shows such as Watchdog. Complain to the CRA's, demand complaints procedures.

An influx of complaints will set alarm bells ringing somewhere and hopefully bring about change.