Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Lowdown that template letter you sent for mercers is deed of assignment from BPF or Mercers. I know they are same company I just wasnt sure which one to put.

I sent mercers a letter via Barclays in Cardiff.. Barclays answered :)

Today I received 2 identical letters from BPF telling me I was behind with my payments (I am foolishly still paying and havent missed a payment yet). The payments I apparently 'missed' were....... oh, the three months whilst my account was on hold!!!!!!! So I rang them up to be told I had perfect payments and that all was fine and it was another letter sent out by mistake. No apology though, no recognition that they are once again being foolish and that they cant keep up with their own decisions or track of whats what. Its beyond ridiculous. Meh.

Today I received 2 identical letters from BPF telling me I was behind with my payments (I am foolishly still paying and havent missed a payment yet). The payments I apparently 'missed' were....... oh, the three months whilst my account was on hold!!!!!!! So I rang them up to be told I had perfect payments and that all was fine and it was another letter sent out by mistake. No apology though, no recognition that they are once again being foolish and that they cant keep up with their own decisions or track of whats what. Its beyond ridiculous. Meh.

I think they just assume every customer on the list is not paying them and they just send out letters its easier than checking the list..

Though I was thinking that maybe they have lost your paperworks and was just checking to see if you knew anything??

Well..i too received three identical letters with nice table explaining arrears since march..to my surpeise they added £22 default charge for the cost of sending arrear letters:lol:..i received letter last month saying they clear up all arrears and now they are asking of double the amount. Amazed with their actions...feels like no one is there to stop their crucial business tactics:evil:.

If debt collectors phoned to you just say them that you not sure who is calling and you do not want to confirm your personal details with them.

Also tell them you will only speak to them when they have provided you with 'a deed of assignment' and a copy of the original lenders contract stating that the debt has been sold/passed over to a third party.Otherwise it could be anyone asking you for money.

Remember BPF have managed to let the entire Advent database enter into public domain.

Got my decision from FOS today - a predictable B**t sorry but Barclays are wonderful in taking a quarter of a year to find you such an excellent trainer as Computeach....:-x

I'll appeal it, just so it's on record. Can't say I'm surprised at such a toothless organisation!

Scanner's not working, otherwise I'd post it up for a laugh!:evil:

Hi all,

I was in this Forum about 5-6 months ago and I was desparate to figure out what is the best course of actions and what is not. I didn't waste my time and I joined with new IT Training established since 1960s in Midland which I found they were extremely helpful and excellent training provider. I have already passed two exams and I am back in the track with no fear, stress or dolldrums. I blame both Advent and Barclays Partner Finance in getting thousand of students in the mess like most of you and their case handling is the worst in the history of such a professional business entprenuers. Also I have started paying gradually my loan and back in track but Customer Communication Manger is still sending me harrassing letter in missing payment ie. ''This Arrears Notice is given in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 because you are behind with your repayments''. I rang BPF and asked them why they are threatening me then they started saying ''Sorry for any inconvenience and it was a mistake''. Some people in some companies are crooks and they are stupid as far as it could go. I suggest better NOT TO WASTE TIME AND CRACK ON WITH WHAT YOU HAVE HOPED FOR OR AT LEAST LEAVE IT BEHIND IF YOU CAN. Thanks.

FUZZBUTT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Regarding the best thing we can do in the background while negotiations are going on between Hausfeld and BPF, our lawyer suggests everyone write to your MP and include for background information a copy of Hausfeld's letter and Hogan Lovell's reply.

Let's all make an effort please to do this as suggested (if you haven't already). It will take 10 mins of your time!

The letters can be downloaded from my website and copied. I'll post later today a template letter there for those not confident in writing their own. You can find your MP here http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

FUZZBUTT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Regarding the best thing we can do in the background while negotiations are going on between Hausfeld and BPF, our lawyer suggests everyone write to your MP and include for background information a copy of Hausfeld's letter and Hogan Lovell's reply.

Let's all make an effort please to do this as suggested (if you haven't already). It will take 10 mins of your time!

The letters can be downloaded from my website and copied. I'll post later today a template letter there for those not confident in writing their own. You can find your MP here http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Thanks for the link Fuzzbutt.

And a template letter would be great.

Just posted template letter - PLEASE all do this! MPs have to ask questions in Parliament, especially if MPs around the country are getting bombarded by similar complaints from their constituents - they WILL take note and ask for answers from BPF.

I work in a Central Government planing dept and get many inquiries from MPs daily, asking for advice and information in response from letters they've received from individuals in their constituency about planning issues.

It's all too easy to be cynical about MPs these days but they do follow it up. My own MP has been great and really on the ball.

Nothing to lose and it will cost you nothing but time.

Hey y'all. Hope everyone's coping. I've not been on for a wee while, been having computer probs..booo. Anyway I thought I'd give a wee update on my situation.

It has now been over 30 days since I spoke to Carl at BPF who acknowldeged the letter that they had received a few weeks before. He apologised on behalf of the customer relations team who were dealing with my letter and froze my account for 30 days until they investigate and told me I would hear from them within a couple of weeks....that was a month ago and I have had zero response, by phone or letter. Then there was The One Show....unbelievable the cheek of Barclays.

Fuzzbutt, I believe you said something about evidence in regards to Barclays response i.e the fact they supposedly froze everyones account for three months. This morning I got my yearly statement through, which created some mixed emotions shall we say, similtaneous rage and hysterical laughter ensued

I had to call them in february after the first letter, where they told us that advent had gone under and that they wanted us to keep paying, that was when they put my account on hold AT MY REQUEST. (I have mislaid this letter but I am on the hunt, I'm not sure if I sent that to Ingrid or not). In my statement there is a payment at the end of february, did they not say in The One Show that they put everyones account on hold in January automatically? mmm.

Should I send this to Ingrid?

cheers

G

Hi fuzz just sent my MP a letter using your template thanks for the help i sent it along with hausfelds letters and hogan lovells reply via e-mail , do you think ishould send a paper copy aswell?

Once again thanks for all your help i dont think we could do this with out you:wink:

I had to call them in february after the first letter, where they told us that advent had gone under and that they wanted us to keep paying, that was when they put my account on hold AT MY REQUEST. (I have mislaid this letter but I am on the hunt, I'm not sure if I sent that to Ingrid or not). In my statement there is a payment at the end of february, did they not say in The One Show that they put everyones account on hold in January automatically? mmm.

Should I send this to Ingrid?

cheers

G

Yes please. She has quite a few statements and so on now but the more evidence she has the better, illustrating what a lie Barclays statement was about freezing accounts. Her details are on my website.

I'm getting seriously worried over this guarantor issue

I signed up for the course but it was my fiance who signed for the loan.

Im sure the contract she signed specifically states advent on it doesnt the prove it was a loan for training?

As for the miss-selling point we cannot prove it but the guy who sold us the course kept saying it was study at your own pace and take as long as you want but I dont have anything written down.

As for the end date on the contract he said that was left blank because there wasnt one.

We are curruntly paying £200 a month that we just cannot afford.

If it the loan was just cancelled we would be happy. but a part of me says the way barclays has treated us that we should be entitled to a full refund.

Hi everyone, just poking my head in (at 3am), I've been registered for some time with Hausfield etc. I am currently composing a letter to Barclays to try and get Mercers off my back and see if they will suspend my acc untill Hausfield and Hogans come to an aggreement either in or out of court. Will let you know how it goes.

it dont look like anyone will be getting anything back he administraters are charging 15000.00 for their help £390.00 an hour for a partner. Any ideas anyone

Unfortunately if you are unsecured creditor with Advent there is no chance you will money back.

The administrators have already stated that all assets that could be realised have been.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks