Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Fuzzbutt, Ingrid was looking into a way to help those of us who were supposed to be a guarantor but ended up being the debtor for the loan and are being told that section 75 doesn't apply as we have no relationship to the supplier? Can you find out if anything came of that?

I haven't got any news on that yet but a poster on FB has reported that FO has ruled against her initial complaint (basically the same as everyone else i.e dont want computeach) but was advised to start a new case with the FO against Advent on the fact that she was not told that having her mother in law sign the agreement would void the Section 75 CCA. I haven't seen the decision letter or advice so I'm guessing but it may be that guarantors will have to see what FO say first and then take another tactic and complain under mis-advice and mis-selling of the loan by the Advent salesman who didn't give them the full facts when urging them sign the agreement.

I have had a FO decision passed to me (now with Ingrid) which ruled in her favour, but the situation was a bit different in that her son joined with this lady as guarantor but they were still within the 14 day cool off period when they cancelled. FO ruled that Barclays had to repay the money.

I think that it will become clearer as more guarantors get the FO decision letter and an opportunity to challenge it. So far I think Kelly on FB is the only one who is doing that so that will be a bit of a test case. Ingrid is aware of it and Kelly has said she'll report back on her progress on FB.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please jbaggy - would be useful for Ingrid to see.

Hi Fuzz,

Do I send my arrears letters to you or Ingrid? If it's to Ingrid can I email them to her directly or do I post them?

Edited by jbaggy

Hello all, just a quick update..today i spoke to a nice lady at sanclare regards the letter i received abt arrears on my account, apparently she confirmed me that all the cases have been forwarded to them n mercers or resolve call has nothing to do with advent students. When she demanded for money, i mentioned that i consider my account is in dispute n also told her that i'm seeking legal advice. She tole me that even the account is in dispute, we need to make payments to respect our obligations under law. Her point is if we win the case, we will get our money back..just goin mad:-x wht to do next whn she calls me again..

Fuzz, when u get advice from ingrid regards leafletting plz let me know..i don't mind taking 2days off from work n goin around all the branches in east london. Thanx everyone for being supportive!!

Hello all, just a quick update..today i spoke to a nice lady at sanclare regards the letter i received abt arrears on my account, apparently she confirmed me that all the cases have been forwarded to them n mercers or resolve call has nothing to do with advent students. When she demanded for money, i mentioned that i consider my account is in dispute n also told her that i'm seeking legal advice. She tole me that even the account is in dispute, we need to make payments to respect our obligations under law. Her point is if we win the case, we will get our money back..just goin mad:-x wht to do next whn she calls me again..

Fuzz, when u get advice from ingrid regards leafletting plz let me know..i don't mind taking 2days off from work n goin around all the branches in east london. Thanx everyone for being supportive!!

I'll certainly let everyone know that, Raj, hopefully later this week once Hausfeld has approved my wording and the press statement - then I'll put them up on the website. I was also going to put up an MP template letter.

Technically apparently she's right. Ingrid said the same thing, that not paying is breaking your loan agreement and you will be able to claim the money back when we win. BUT so saying that, there is little they can do if people choose to withhold payment in protest.

On the guarantors issue, Ingrid has said she thinks S75 should cover some people, technically, depending on what parts of the agreement the guarantor signed. But FOS seem to be interpreting the law differently. I don't think this will be clear until ruled over by a judge, or an adjudicator rules in favour of a guarantor and sets a pattern for everyone else. It may be, as I said in an earlier post, that those turned down on the S75 issue re-apply to FO with a complaint of mis-selling the loan against Advent instead and will get a FOS ruling in their favour that way.

We'll have to see how it goes for Kelly.

she confirmed me that all the cases have been forwarded to them n mercers or resolve call has nothing to do with advent students.

Something isn't right here, as I have heard nothing from Sanclare, but I'm still getting the daily harassment calls from Mercers, which I am still not answering.

Speaking of which they just left me a nice 6 second voicemail which sounds like someone breathing heavily down the phone. Charming!

Speaking of which they just left me a nice 6 second voicemail which sounds like someone breathing heavily down the phone. Charming!

Simple complain to OFCOM - they have very strict guildlines on this sort of stuff. It all helps the cause.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2010/09/barclays-ordered-to-repay-stud.html#comments

Its saying the link is broken. Back to getting 2 or 3 calls a day from mercers. Spoke to them last friday told them same as always. So im rejecting their calls for the moment and might contact them again next month. Did you have a template letter to be sent to mercers, cant seem to find it.

Thanks for all your hard work Fuzzbutt

Had a thought this morning for those of us who are debtors but not the student. We're being told by the FOS that section 75 does not apply as there is no relationship between the debtor and the supplier. Does that mean also that if we don't pay, BPF cannot sue us under section 75 using the same grounds as our arguement? Fuzzbutt can you pose that question to Ingred and see what she says? There are probably other ways BPF can get around it, but worth checking out.

Had a thought this morning for those of us who are debtors but not the student. We're being told by the FOS that section 75 does not apply as there is no relationship between the debtor and the supplier. Does that mean also that if we don't pay, BPF cannot sue us under section 75 using the same grounds as our arguement? Fuzzbutt can you pose that question to Ingred and see what she says? There are probably other ways BPF can get around it, but worth checking out.

Will do. Did you see my earlier posts about Kelly's new FOS challemge? Also another option maybe.

Thanks a lot Fuzzbutt, really appreciate all the help.

I saw the facebook entry. I had queried that with the my adjudicator and he said that whilst it could be raised. The case would be against Advent and they are in administration and so it would be unlikely that we would get anything back. Always worth a try tho.

Cheers joyhouk. Anyone able to help with letter to mercers.

I wrote a letter to mercers telling them that i was in dispute with BPF and sent it headed Mercers via BPF in Cardiff, BPF answered it within a day :)

I do not get letters from mercers now.. had from sanclare instead.

and that letter was signed, all the others letters I had from mercers had no signatures that could be read and there was no name printed... check your letters I bet they are the same :)

Hi all, i got this email from computeach this morning. I guess most of us might've got it already. I just want to share it:

We recently contacted you regarding the fact that Computeach has made arrangements with Barclays Partner Finance to continue the provision of IT training services to ex-Advent Computer Training Limited (Advent) customers.

You now have the opportunity to continue your studies and take advantage of the best training available – at no extra cost. The right training combined with our job search services will put you in a prime position to achieve your true potential.

Please update your email and postal address and confirm the course that you are studying and the modules included in it. Once we have verified your study details, we will be able to provide you with your additional learning materials. If, for some reason you do not wish to take up this offer please advise us accordingly. Full details of our working practices and the terms on which we agree to provide training to you are available at http://www.computeach.co.uk/terms.

Also, we take the privacy of our students very seriously, so we will only use your details to provide and administer your training, you can find out more at http://www.computeach.co.uk/privacy-legal.

As a gesture of goodwill and so that you don’t lose out because of the delays through the administration process, Barclays Partner Finance has agreed to fund your training for an extra 3 months.

If you have any general questions then please visit http://www.computeach.co.uk/advent-faqs to view the Frequently Asked Questions.

If you have more specific questions about the way our service operates then please email our Customer Care Team at [email protected] or call us on 0845 60 99 020.

We look forward to being able to support you throughout the remainder of your contract period as soon as you have successfully verified your details.

Yours sincerely,

Computeach International Limited.

I wrote to them couple of days back saying that i dont want any correspondance with them and also mentioned that i don't wish to take training with them, still they keep on sending stupid mails.

Bpf turned all our lifes into nightmare..i dont understand the wording "gesture of goodwill". Its very clear that bpf n computeach are trying to promote n force students to join them.

I too got letter from sanclare, not sure what to do next..its just waste of money sending dispute letter to Bpf. I did it couple of times, still had debt collection notices from sanclare.

Hi all, i got this email from computeach this morning. I guess most of us might've got it already. I just want to share it:

I wrote to them couple of days back saying that i dont want any correspondance with them and also mentioned that i don't wish to take training with them, still they keep on sending stupid mails.

Bpf turned all our lifes into nightmare..i dont understand the wording "gesture of goodwill". Its very clear that bpf n computeach are trying to promote n force students to join them.

I too got letter from sanclare, not sure what to do next..its just waste of money sending dispute letter to Bpf. I did it couple of times, still had debt collection notices from sanclare.

I emailed them several weeks back and told them to remove my details from their database.They emailed me and telephoned me asking why? Finally they agreed [they have to] and i have not had not contact from them at all.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks