Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think it may be different people are getting different treatment depending on who they speak to. I'd guess some of the more experienced staff at the call centre are aware of the codes and freezing accounts being disputed, others maybe not. I don't think they are getting any real guidance from management about handling this.

I worked as a temp for a couple of months at a call centre for HSBC, dealing with stocks and share investment. I only ever learned the basic stuff in that time, and a lot of time had to send the customer on to a manager who had more knowledge and could answer the customer properly. Probably much the same set-up at BPF. Except they don't seem to be passing customers on to competent staff a lot of the time! Underpaid and under pressure.

I asked if I could speak to someone who could answer my questions.. and last time I even asked if I could speak with wilma.. they refused both times.. would not let me past them.

And just refused to put my account on hold.. gave no reason as to why.

..could it be because I have refused to pay? or because I am in arrears??

either way its their fault I asked months ago to have my account on hold they refused told me I needed to write with a complaint letter.. this I did.. with no reply or aknowledgements.. all I have had are letters asking me to pay.

they know we are not happy and dont give a damn.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi 10pack sorry i did'nt reply earlier i just got in from work.

when i spoke to the lady on the phone i told her that i had been disputing the account for some time and that i had contacted the F.O on april 26 , still there was no record on my account of any investigation by them?

i told her then that clearly have not got round to it yet and that i was taking legal action. she then said she "put my account on hold until she received this information from the F.O"

as fuzz said perhaps some of us are just getting staff that are more aware of the laws and banking codes.

either way there handling of the situation and the training of there customer care staff is far from acceptable.

there is clearly no communication taking place .

in my opinion THERE ORGANISATION HAS BEEN WEIGHED , MEASURED AND HAS BEEN FOUND WANTING!

hi 10pack sorry i did'nt reply earlier i just got in from work.

when i spoke to the lady on the phone i told her that i had been disputing the account for some time and that i had contacted the F.O on april 26 , still there was no record on my account of any investigation by them?

i told her then that clearly have not got round to it yet and that i was taking legal action. she then said she "put my account on hold until she received this information from the F.O"

as fuzz said perhaps some of us are just getting staff that are more aware of the laws and banking codes.

either way there handling of the situation and the training of there customer care staff is far from acceptable.

there is clearly no communication taking place .

in my opinion THERE ORGANISATION HAS BEEN WEIGHED , MEASURED AND HAS BEEN FOUND WANTING!

There is no communication taking place AT ALL. The people in the call centre do not update their systems with what's been said by the staff in Customer Relations so beware. I called them four times yesterday, first I was told by someone in Cust Relations that they would call me back after reading all the notes on my case. It never happened of course, whilst I was waiting I was phoned at home by someone from the Call Centre harassing me as I am one month in arrears. I phoned them back and was told they would freeze the account for two days only so that I didn't get any more calls. In the meantime I got back in touch with Cust Relations who told me that the matter was still being looked at by 'higher up' and that it was being considered under S75 of the Act. I told him that I was being harassed for payment and he said he would freeze the account for 30 days. When I got home from work the Call Centre had phoned again to harass me for payment. I phoned back and was told that there was no update on the system to show the account had been frozen for 30 days and that the calls went out automatically when someone was in arrears. I have two calls that I recorded on my mobile phone whereby they assured me that the account would be frozen.

I have been waiting for a decision as to whether they accept the evidence they asked for from my GP with regards to my health now for nearly eleven months. I am seriously at my wit's end and it's making my life a total misery.

I had no option other than to cancel the direct debit they were due to take out of my account for June as I simply do not have any money there for them to take. I've already given them over £2,000 for nothing and it's not a case of paying them until a decision is made, I simply cannot do it any more. They have no concept or concern for someone's health or situation, they just want their money and I am fearing for my sanity at this moment in time. I even have a letter from Advent dated Oct 2009 stating that they were prepared to withdraw the offer of the training course but that I'd still be under the finance agreement with BPF so I refused to take them up on it. The next thing that happened was that they went bust. I don't know where to go or what to do from here I really don't. :(

That will teach me for trying to better myself with a new career and make a better life for myself and my daughter who I raise on my own won't it?

Edited by Jeanne5273

If you email me at email removed Joanne, I'll send you the details of the legal action our group is taking against Barclays to get our money back. It's free to take part (I can't put details up here).

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

Did someone have still hope in FOS?

For what its worth, I think its still good to complain to FOS, as they will be giving Barclays some hassle about your complaint aswell as yourself and the rest of us! They probably wont rule in your favour, but its good to waste Barclays time like they have done with the rest of us!

I haven't heard from the FOS since I challenged their decision not to rule in my favour, but then it might be taking a while because I also told them about all the harassment calls from Barclays (mercers).

its nice to see their thretening letter after comeback from work..had a first letter from bpf sain they will refer my case to mercers if i dont reply to them..what shall i do now? just write a letter or call them to freeze my account..

Ah!! don't you love template letters.

For some time now the calls people have been getting are coming from Mercers in Liverpool, (despite them saying BPF).

David

its nice to see their thretening letter after comeback from work..had a first letter from bpf sain they will refer my case to mercers if i dont reply to them..what shall i do now? just write a letter or call them to freeze my account..

a4ron! i know u guys arranged a lawyer before the action group, would u mind telling me the progress u made with ur lawyer...thanx.

feedme! i don't know ur from bpf or a genuine student..plz i request you not to post somethning which will upset all of us. if u think ur way is right, help urself and gud luck for that! and if ur sure that we all goin wrong way, just leave us to our fate. we all are sharing this forum since last six months..where've u been for this period?

The problem I think is that everyone is in a slightly different situation and my advice applied to some people and not others, some people took offence.

my bad.

Anyway if anyone hasn't seen this it might be useful.

external link removed

Edited by IdaInFife
external link removed

I called Barclays yesterday as it's been over 5 weeks since they've recieved my 2nd letter of complaint (as they said they did not recieve the first even tho it was recorded delivery!) and I was told that some sort of Director, maybe called John can't remember, will be calling me PERSONALLY about this?! or writing to me?! and that he's dealing with all the complaints regarding this now???

Hi all,

I too have received 2 letters from BPF to-day 1 demanding payment of arrears and a £22.50 charge the other a threat to pass it to Mercers if arrears not paid and they will go after the full amount, as they have been unable to contact me.

I have written numerous letters spoke to them on the phone, disputed the account did everything by the book at the beginning.

Been to Trading Standards, Consumer Direct, MP, Watchdog, FOS,

It's been more like I have been unable to contact them as they have totally ignored all my attempts at contact, My complaint investigated by them ended in they don't think S75 applies to them?????

If the 0151 471 1776 number is Mercers already then they have been calling every day twice a day for weeks. As I believed this was Mercers number and I saw on the caller display before I answered it, I let her know I knew they were Mercers she denied this and said "No we are BPF and the number is 0844 ..." Blatent lies!!

I have no faith in FOS and my only hope is with the legal action being taken with Hausfeld.

Jeanne join the class action lawsuit against BPF with Fuzzbutt as I think it's our only hope.

Does anyone know if anyone has pursued their claim in a court themselves?

Lewis, I spoke to a nice guy from BPF a while back who was sympathetic and said he'd get the calls stopped that was at 1.14pm at 1.19pm got another call, and they've continued since.

I hope they do stop annoying you for thirty days cos it's a pain getting harrassed by them constantly that's why now I don't answer at all they will have to write to me now.

hi folks i got a copy of the gospel according to barclays partner finance N@?l R"%^ey and mercers through my door this morning.

oddly enough it is post marked from Cardiff the new home of B.P.F.

did any one else get one?if so who is sending these out?

and how do they have our contact details?

If the 0151 471 1776 number is Mercers already then they have been calling every day twice a day for weeks. As I believed this was Mercers number and I saw on the caller display before I answered it, I let her know I knew they were Mercers she denied this and said "No we are BPF and the number is 0844 ..." Blatent lies!!

You do know fos will get onto this straight away, and take it very seriously? Log the call times and numbers, and explain the blatent lying.

I was told this by fos several weeks ago.

I believe they are breaking some very serious laid down guidlines.

You do know fos will get onto this straight away, and take it very seriously? Log the call times and numbers, and explain the blatent lying.

I was told this by fos several weeks ago.

I believe they are breaking some very serious laid down guidlines.

Thanks Lowdown,

I will pass this info on to them even though I have no longer any faith in them.

and also to Hausfeld who are gathering evidence against their harrassment.

Someone on FB has had a reply from the FOS I have lifted an excerpt from their reply..............hope they don't mind.

[ " I am sorry to tell you that i am unable to recommend that your complaint be upheld.I am of the opinion that by finding an alternative provider it has fulfiled its obligation to provide the goods which appears to be a reasonable solution.....]

So they are true to form siding with the banks. Unbelievable!!

Someone on FB has had a reply from the FOS I have lifted an excerpt from their reply..............hope they don't mind.

[ " I am sorry to tell you that i am unable to recommend that your complaint be upheld.I am of the opinion that by finding an alternative provider it has fulfiled its obligation to provide the goods which appears to be a reasonable solution.....]

So they are true to form siding with the banks. Unbelievable!!

The trouble with that is - you can not challenge what BPF has said in response to fos [ and will all know what the response is....]

:DHowever.......

In court it will be turned over as bulls~~t like for like.

BPF know's this, otherwise there would have been a serious and quick response to the legal team.

They are quite happy for everyone to write off to fos....

But they are not happy hundreds of people have joined up to a legal team.

I got "The Gospel according to Barclays" today too. It was also sent from Cardiff, the postage date was yesterday (05.07.10)

I'm glad to know that somebody out there is on our side! :D

I think the legal team should be sent at least one copy, theres plenty of info for them to look into!

How many others have recieved one?

I got "The Gospel according to Barclays" today too. It was also sent from Cardiff, the postage date was yesterday (05.07.10)

I'm glad to know that somebody out there is on our side! :D

I think the legal team should be sent at least one copy, theres plenty of info for them to look into!

How many others have recieved one?

I have not got one - what is it....?

Infact i dont get anything from Barclays, letters or phone calls.

Nothing for weeks!

All they do is put my account on hold every 30 days.

They have not even informed me of their change of address.

I think they have forgotten me...:)

it appears to be a statement from an ex member of barclays saying that what they are doing is wrong,that the deal with computeach was all for money,

and that we are covered under s75.

there is also examples of there harassment tactics and mercers tactics

it appears to be a statement from an ex member of barclays saying that what they are doing is wrong,that the deal with computeach was all for money,

Ok, Cheers...

Should these letters not go off to the legal team?

Edited by lowdown
dont want to compromise anyone

I haven't got this either is it the same as the hubpage letter?

external link removed

Edited by IdaInFife
external link removed

yes the first page of the booklet is the same then there is a lot more info afterwards.

should we send this on to the legal team?

Yes definitely I'm sure they'd be interested especially if there's more than the hubpages one although I think Fuzzbutt may have sent that one.

you think we should send these to the legal team?

I sent our lawyer, Ingrid, a link to the article as I was sure she'd be interested (she was). I would guess they are coming from an insider who has access to a database of students who took out loans with BPF.

In which case, bless 'em for their help. If they'd like to contact our lawyer with any more info in full confidentiality I'd ask them to please contact me or Hausfeld directly (our lawyer is Ingrid Gubbay). :cool::cool:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks