Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes definitely I'm sure they'd be interested especially if there's more than the hubpages one although I think Fuzzbutt may have sent that one.

Hi Bluedo, yes the hub page one was all I sent. I didn't realise there was more info though....I haven't had anything posted to me. Please do send it on to Hausfeld, in that case, guys.

I'm concerned not to get these people/person in trouble though. In doing us a turn they could be risking their own job and the full weight of BPF's spite for speaking up.:-(

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just goes to show how any right thinking person looking at this situation can see what a scandal this is, and how unfairly we are being treated by them, and if the BPF employees think it's wrong well that's saying it all.

So more power to them.

Hi Fuzz,

Would be great if just one of the whistleblowers would come forward when this goes to court where they won't be able to bluff any more. Wonder if the letters would be admissable as evidence.

I also had the gospel according to BPF today, it seems to be an ex BPF staff on our side, but no contact details, they have said BPF is wrong, which is good to hear from ex staff. It's possibly the staff that got laid off in scotland with an axe to grind themselves

Hi Fuzz,

Would be great if just one of the whistleblowers would come forward when this goes to court where they won't be able to bluff any more. Wonder if the letters would be admissable as evidence.

I would certainly think (and hope!) so as they are written evidence, not someone talking rubbish on a phone!

I never got one, but will be interesting to see if I get one today.

Hi Fuzz,

Even if they are just willing to speak in confidence to our lawyer and reveal their identity to her, so she can verify it's all legit....??

I guess the letters alone, unsigned, are just hearsay until then. Copies of BPF internal documents, confidential emails etc would certainly back up these claims so they stand unchallenged though.

If they are reading this you can do this through me (organiser) or direct to Hausfeld please. It would certainly help our case and maybe ensure the directors of BPF have to answer awkward questions

Hi all,

I too have received 2 letters from BPF to-day 1 demanding payment of arrears and a £22.50 charge the other a threat to pass it to Mercers if arrears not paid and they will go after the full amount, as they have been unable to contact me.

I have written numerous letters spoke to them on the phone, disputed the account did everything by the book at the beginning.

Been to Trading Standards, Consumer Direct, MP, Watchdog, FOS,

It's been more like I have been unable to contact them as they have totally ignored all my attempts at contact, My complaint investigated by them ended in they don't think S75 applies to them?????

If the 0151 471 1776 number is Mercers already then they have been calling every day twice a day for weeks. As I believed this was Mercers number and I saw on the caller display before I answered it, I let her know I knew they were Mercers she denied this and said "No we are BPF and the number is 0844 ..." Blatent lies!!

I have no faith in FOS and my only hope is with the legal action being taken with Hausfeld.

Jeanne join the class action lawsuit against BPF with Fuzzbutt as I think it's our only hope.

Does anyone know if anyone has pursued their claim in a court themselves?

Lewis, I spoke to a nice guy from BPF a while back who was sympathetic and said he'd get the calls stopped that was at 1.14pm at 1.19pm got another call, and they've continued since.

I hope they do stop annoying you for thirty days cos it's a pain getting harrassed by them constantly that's why now I don't answer at all they will have to write to me now.

I got those letters last Friday.. I called BPF and asked what was they doing about my complaint.. she said I needed to write in.. I told her I had.. she said that she could not see it and she was not going to put my account on hold.. or that its in dispute.

So I told her I am one of the students who is taking group action against BPF.. she said she will note it on my account.

I wonder if they will step up actions against me now they know.. it will be interesting to see.

Whilst these letters are helpful to us, Barclays have also now breached the Data Protection Act as their staff/ex staff have managed to get customers personal details - just another thing to add to the courst case!! thanks guys :-)

Whilst these letters are helpful to us, Barclays have also now breached the Data Protection Act as their staff/ex staff have managed to get customers personal details - just another thing to add to the courst case!! thanks guys :-)

How do you mean staff have our details??

How do you mean staff have our details??

We've recieved letters from ex Barclays staff talking about how wrong Barclays have been. They have gone into Barclay's systems and fished out all our addresses, possibly before they left the company or they may be still with the company.

We've recieved letters from ex Barclays staff talking about how wrong Barclays have been. They have gone into Barclay's systems and fished out all our addresses, possibly before they left the company or they may be still with the company.

Really to the cag mail?? or personal email address?

And they are giving info?? in which case their id should be protected under the informant protection law.. forgot what the real name for it is

Really to the cag mail?? or personal email address?

And they are giving info?? in which case their id should be protected under the informant protection law.. forgot what the real name for it is

?? no we've been posted letters via the post!!

?? no we've been posted letters via the post!!

What!! :eek:

I only get demands for payment.. and last week the threat of default notice and mercer.. and when I call them to talk about them.. they dont want to hear what I have to say.. they even tried to get my new phone number off me :p

What!! :eek:

I only get demands for payment.. and last week the threat of default notice and mercer.. and when I call them to talk about them.. they dont want to hear what I have to say.. they even tried to get my new phone number off me :p

Ah right no I paid the loan off before the year interest free was up, and I'm Access2Trade

hey Guys you need to check out the posting by Mannix2901 on the hitachi section..

seems she took out a loan on behalf of her partner so he could train with advent..

upshot is because she is not the student with advent.. S75 does not apply.. she is not the recipient of the training course so cant claim..

Even so Hitachi are still willing to stand by their original offer they made previously even though they dont have to..

I feel that Hitachi Bank is an example of how Barclays should be treating their customers instead of trying to screw us.

Hats off to Hitachi bank :cool:

man I'm sick of all the bulls*** from BPF!!

I've just got off the phone from them, talking to a guy called Michael and after a very lengthy phone call of over 30minutes going round in circles about why I’m still being charged and why we should have to accept Computeach as the alternative provider, he basically said that when I signed up to Advent, Barclays paid them for me. Then in March 2010 when Computeach was appointed as the alternative provider, Barclays also paid them to take up my course.

He said if I wanted the payments to stop, I would have to contact Computeach to see if they would allow me to cancel.

I told Michael that when I received the email from Computeach asking me to follow the link to sign up to the course, I didn’t. I didn’t even reply to the email. I would never agree to study with Computeach.

I asked how Barclays could send my money to another company without my permission, and also I was under the impression that there was some sort of money that was set aside by Advent , to pay for alternative course providers in the event of them going out of business so actually, Barclays haven’t paid for 2 courses for me like Michael was saying!

WHAT!!!!???? is that a new story or has anyone else been fed this too!?

hi all just to let you no i got another copy if the bible according to B.P.F

through my door today this time post marked from Manchester im going to send both copy's in there envelopes to the legal team to show them where they are coming from this is clearly a breach in barclays and a breach of the D.P.A

I've just got off the phone from them, talking to a guy called Michael and after a very lengthy phone call of over 30minutes going round in circles about why I’m still being charged and why we should have to accept Computeach as the alternative provider, he basically said that when I signed up to Advent, Barclays paid them for me. Then in March 2010 when Computeach was appointed as the alternative provider, Barclays also paid them to take up my course.

He said if I wanted the payments to stop, I would have to contact Computeach to see if they would allow me to cancel.

I told Michael that when I received the email from Computeach asking me to follow the link to sign up to the course, I didn’t. I didn’t even reply to the email. I would never agree to study with Computeach.

I asked how Barclays could send my money to another company without my permission, and also I was under the impression that there was some sort of money that was set aside by Advent , to pay for alternative course providers in the event of them going out of business so actually, Barclays haven’t paid for 2 courses for me like Michael was saying!

Barclays may have already paid for original course you signed up for.. I dont believe Barclays has paid for you to study with computeach unless you signed up to do so.. its bull.. no company will pay money without reason to.. and in this case until you sign up with computeach and have a signed agreement with them.. the bank is not going to supply finance to that company.

That BPF rep either does not know what he is talking about.. or is messing with you.

either way.. calm down and know we will be the ones with smiles on our faces when it goes to court.. might even be an excuse for a ciggerette?? though I dont smoke :cool:

And another thing.. Barclays as the company that provided original finance, would have been primary creditor to be paid when advent went bankrupt ahead of any of us.. no info about how much they got back.. or what they did with that money.. and still they want more money from us..

its seems they are trying to have their cake and eat it.. :confused:

yeah thats exactly what I thought! I've written out all I can from the phone call and sent it to FOS and the legal team.

Calming down is something I seriously need to do!...if only there were someone here to shake me!haha

If this never ending nightmare finally finishes one day, I'll be the happiest and calmest bunny there is! :-)

Just couldn't believe he had the nerve to say those things! I'm not as stupid as I must sound!!haha

In my T+C's it says they will make part payment to the supplier. Now I guess they've made part payment to computeach. Is that what they mean? Afterall they're not going to hand over the full amount to Advent straight away or else Advent would take the money and run (or to put it another way, take the money and run much sooner)

Also I'm concerned about this ex/current employee from BPF. In my Advent T+C's it says they are "only liable for breaches under the DPA if they are shown to be negligent" otherwise it's the person who knowingly obtained the information who is at fault, I guess it's the same for BPF. That is unless our man/girl on the inside can show it was in the public interest.

And another thing.. Barclays as the company that provided original finance, would have been primary creditor to be paid when advent went bankrupt ahead of any of us.. no info about how much they got back.. or what they did with that money.. and still they want more money from us..

its seems they are trying to have their cake and eat it.. :confused:

And what did happen to that difference in course fees between £1,670 per year with CT and the £4,950 average we paid for Advent's fees? I don't see BPF offerring to refund the difference to anyone in their course fees...hmmmm....stinks doesn't it! :rolleyes:

I raised that directly in my complaint to BPF MD, Paul Noble, and guess what? You've got it! No answer, brushed under the carpet in the hope I'd go away.

Well, I haven't, and the numbers for the legal action are still growing!

And what did happen to that difference in course fees between £1,670 per year with CT and the £4,950 average we paid for Advent's fees? I don't see BPF offerring to refund the difference to anyone in their course fees...hmmmm....stinks doesn't it! :rolleyes:

I raised that directly in my complaint to BPF MD, Paul Noble, and guess what? You've got it! No answer, brushed under the carpet in the hope I'd go away.

Well, I haven't, and the numbers for the legal action are still growing!

I also mentioned this to the FOS in my challenge to them not upholding my complaint. Been well over a week now since I sent the challenge fax over to them.

I have no Faith in the FOS at all now my case has been nine weeks waiting to be assigned to an adjudicator. I received one of those letters from someone from BPF, So now they are going to get fined by government for breaching data protection, and i am going to sue them for letting my details slip. I am not fully signed up for the group action yet as the lady at Hausfeld i spoke to said to wait and see what the FOS says.

I also mentioned this to the FOS in my challenge to them not upholding my complaint. Been well over a week now since I sent the challenge fax over to them.

Be interesting to see how the FOS excuse their decision to you, Roadie. :confused:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks