Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I recieved a text message message from 00. When I opened it it was Barclays telling me I was overdue payments and that my credit cud be affected. Ive had a single call from Barclays today too and I missed it. Computeach have also called once for the last three days.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick question guys, I'm still paying the monthly amount to Barclays, even though Computeach dont see me as a BPF customer. Have other people cancelled/halted the standing order for Barclays?? I know they say it will bring my credit rating down.

Quick question guys, I'm still paying the monthly amount to Barclays, even though Computeach dont see me as a BPF customer. Have other people cancelled/halted the standing order for Barclays?? I know they say it will bring my credit rating down.

That seems to be a good enough reason for putting your account in dispute with BPF, and stopping payments.You are not getting what you paid for.Then complain to FOS.

Had a missed call from computeach on my mobile today...

This is going to be the start of the harassment calls now, I can feel it.

I didn't respond to the emails so what makes them think I'm going to answer the phone to them? :|

This is going to be the start of the harassment calls now, I can feel it.

:|

This all sounds like an act of desperation from CT.

Purchased a data base, hoping to make lots of money from students

misfortune [advent]

I wonder if , by not signing up to CT and depriving them from estimated/forcast future income, that infact we are sending them to their death?

Now that would make me roll around....:grin::lol:

Edited by lowdown

This all sounds like an act of desperation from CT.

Purchased a data base, hoping to make lots of money from students

misfortune [advent]

I wonder if , by not signing up to CT and depriving them from estimated/forcast future income, that infact we are sending them to their death?

Now that would make roll around....:grin::lol:

From your lips to Gods Ears :roll:

hi all

i am unemployed at the moe and have just signed on ..i have told bfp that im not paying them a penny coz of competech and so on ...plus that i cant pay them as i have no money ..but let they dont care and still ring me

is there any way i can say 2 them .i can only pay them back £1 a mouth just 2 shut them up ...i no you can do it some now

or any other way just 2 get them of my back 4 now ?????

hi all

i am unemployed at the moe and have just signed on ..i have told bfp that im not paying them a penny coz of competech and so on ...plus that i cant pay them as i have no money ..but let they dont care and still ring me

is there any way i can say 2 them .i can only pay them back £1 a mouth just 2 shut them up ...i no you can do it some now

or any other way just 2 get them of my back 4 now ?????

Is your account with BPF in dispute? If not put it into dispute..

In theory that should get them of your back for 8 weeks.

Is your account with BPF in dispute? If not put it into dispute..

In theory that should get them of your back for 8 weeks.

hey thanks 4 getting back

i have all ready done this and they give me the same old crap ...plus i have asked them 2 delete my house number ..and the lady said at the time she done that ..3 weeks got the calls by moblie and now they are calling the house phone again ...thats not rigth Isit ??

i have all ready done this and they give me the same old crap ...plus i have asked them 2 delete my house number ..and the lady said at the time she done that ..3 weeks got the calls by moblie and now they are calling the house phone again ...thats not rigth Isit ??

Get yourself a World Cup Vuvuzeler and blow it down the phone when the bonus hunters call, after you have taken out a couple of BPF eardrums i think they might get the message.

The Vuvuzeler does not come with a heath warning - so you would not be doing anything illegal, just getting into the spirit of things.

Its the way they work.. they dont care about their customers they just want money.

I am also unemployed I believed Advents words because I was out of work.. their job centre would find me a job within 3 months while I was still studying.

I never had any training they went bust one month after I signed up and I was out of the country for 3 weeks.. came back and they went bust.

I also have barclays on my back sending letters.. I refused to answer my mobile when they rang.. and I changed my number in the end because of the harrasment.. 7-8 calls a day.

I already have a late payment mark on my credit score, and will have another one soon.. but while they are offering me "computeach or else".. they can go jump I am an ex computeach student and do not wish to be a student of theirs again.. so I am not paying them for that crappy offering.

I am an ex computeach student and do not wish to be a student of theirs again.. so I am not paying them for that crappy offering.

Have you any info on CT that you could give to the legal team that will help.Like mock pass %'s for instance?

Have you any info on CT that you could give to the legal team that will help.Like mock pass %'s for instance?

No sorry it was years ago I moved house and the stuff went in the bin

Hi Fuzz

Do we need to copy all the "No we're not interested" letters from BPF and default notices to the Hausfeld team?

I'll ask them, Gillybee, but I think at the moment don't worry about that as they're still awaiting the full reply from Barclays to their letter. The main points they'll be interested in at the moment will be the like-for-like, S75 Breach of contracts and Advent's mis-selling, I'd think. The harassment and incompetence of Barclays to respond to it's customers and sort out their complaints may well be something for later, which would (I'm admittedly guessing here!) come under a compensation claim for stress and inconvenience.

i've had a nive letter saying they are handing my debt to mercers who can collect the full amount of over £11k from me unless i arrange to pay something immediately, what should i do,

Fuzzbutt...any news on any replies from Barclays?

Please can anyone suggesst what i should do now

Thanks for any advice

I have received the same letter saying they will have not option but to pass on to Mercers. Do I just let them do that?

I have received the same letter saying they will have not option but to pass on to Mercers. Do I just let them do that?

In one of the earlier posts someone mentioned that this company is actually Barclays own company.. not sure if thats true

In one of the earlier posts someone mentioned that this company is actually Barclays own company.. not sure if thats true

Yes, Mercers is Barclays in-house debt collectors.

I don't think there's anything you can do to stop them passing your details to Mercers if you are refusing to make re-payments as technically you are defaulting on the loan.

BUT what Barclays SHOULD be doing is offering to freeze your account for 30 days - contact them and point out you are disputing this loan and it is currently the subject of a legal action! They are OBLIGED to offer a 30 day stay of payment.

It seems many of the Barclays call centre staff have not been made aware of this pending lawsuit, but some on Facebook are reporting once they've explained this the caller has offered to put the payments on hold. However, no guarantee...they are a law to themselves and have no regard for any code they are supposed to adhere to.

No further news yet I'm afraid on Barclays reply to Hausfeld.

Errr.....they've already done that.

For some time people have been receiving calls where the the caller has identified themselves as BPF. An outright lie in fact, as the calls have been coming from 0151 471 1776 which is Mercers in Liverpool.

As you know, Glasgow is closing and it looks like their call centre staff have been given the heave ho.

David

MERCERS are a collection dept for Barclays...

They are not an outside DCA.

This is a quote from this site...

external link removed

"For some reason they choose to call you on the phone rather than communicate in writing. Isn't this odd? The reason for this is that they wouldn't be able to make the same threats on paper simply because they wouldn't wish to lie in a permanent document like a letter."

In other words any threat Mercers make to you - ask for in writing, but you wont get that.

Edited by IdaInFife
external link removed

Hi all

Got a letter from BPF saying they are getting Mercers involved. Must admit i haven`t been here for a while. What can i do about contacting Hausfeld? Also what to do about Mercers?. Think i`m gonna get some legal advice.

It`s been so long winded now, lets hope we can get to the end, soon.

Got a letter from BPF saying they are getting Mercers involved. Must admit i haven`t been here for a while. What can i do about contacting Hausfeld? Also what to do about Mercers?. Think i`m gonna get some legal advice.

PM Fuzzbutt for details of group legal action.

David

I too got this letter i guess they are seeing how far they can push us for payment, i imagine they will soon be asking for payment in blood. Well i'm a stone hehe i'm still waiting for the FO tog et back to me i have been waiting for adjudication for an age.

I had a letter from the FOS adjudicator on Saturday, updating me he was still looking at my case, apologies but he was still waiting for a response from Barclays...no surprise there then! I should have replied "you'll get the Wilma-robot letter I've had 3 times now, see enclosed, don't expect any intelligent or reasonable response further than that!" :D

Or else it will be a bunch of 'CT are such an excellent provider and like for like' lies!

I had a letter from the FOS adjudicator on Saturday, updating me he was still looking at my case, apologies but he was still waiting for a response from Barclays...no surprise there then! I should have replied "you'll get the Wilma-robot letter I've had 3 times now, see enclosed, don't expect any intelligent or reasonable response further than that!" :D

Or else it will be a bunch of 'CT are such an excellent provider and like for like' lies!

You are further down the road than me.

BPF have said they are still looking at my dispute - over 8 weeks now!

I am not sure they have or can find a copy of the contract.

Last phone call i had was that it was with PKF, and they are waiting for a

response from them.:???:

I told them wait as long as you want, my complaint goes off to the FOS on 30/06/2010 - I was then told i can not do that until a response from Barclays.:)

I am sending it anyway - might as well stir some S##t while i am waiting.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks