Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've mostly seen the Sona Norris article on HubPages by now, however I was wondering what people made of this strange comment that was left by a Doctor Vijay. I'm actually wondering if I'm becoming paranoid; take a look and see what you think.

Couldn't resist commenting on it myself...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, can anyone post the information regards link loans..is there any act in uk law to know the information about how bpf paid advent?..really fedup with their calls, feels like i did a big mistake. If they pay all monies upfront, they should be after PKF, i don't know why they are harrassing students.

I bet good money they already got a lot of their money back from PKF.. now they want a second bite by going after the students.

How do you think they made all those Billions in first half of the year I seem to remember.. and someone has to pay the £63m the boss got paid last year.

I have been a Barclays customer for over 30 years.. but not any more.

Yo Fuzzbutt, are you updating the action website just now or is there another server problem. Been trying to get on to see if theres any updates for a wee while now to no avail.

Still getting at least 2 calls a day with the stern sounding robot lady leaving answerphone messages. You'd think they'd have given up by now, although from what I've heard about mercers once BPF have given us all our money back they'll still continue to phone.

I'll be putting up an update over the next few days. Barclays have been in contact with Hausfeld now and have agreed to provide a full, written response next week that adresses all points in Hausfeld's letter. As predicted, they are dithering and stalling but are now pinned down to a response time at least. What cards they'll try and play is anyone's guess. We'll see.

There are 454 people on the group legal action now, and that will soon swell as Property Professionals are joining up too!:cool:

We've mostly seen the Sona Norris article on HubPages by now, however I was wondering what people made of this strange comment that was left by a Doctor Vijay. I'm actually wondering if I'm becoming paranoid; take a look and see what you think.

Couldn't resist commenting on it myself...

What comment and where?

I'll be putting up an update over the next few days. Barclays have been in contact with Hausfeld now and have agreed to provide a full, written response next week that adresses all points in Hausfeld's letter. As predicted, they are dithering and stalling but are now pinned down to a response time at least. What cards they'll try and play is anyone's guess. We'll see.

There are 454 people on the group legal action now, and that will soon swell as Property Professionals are joining up too!:cool:

Hi Fuzzbutt

I logged on at last and I have just scanned all my documents.. will be in the post to Hausfeld in the morning.

you have spoken to the lawyers what are their views.. we have a good case I assume?

I dont get any phone calls from BPF I just terminated my contract and no way will I tell anyone now my new number.

I am waiting for this months round of letters from BPF with their treats and another £22.50 fine on top of the 2 I got already, my next payment was due today :(

Lol a full on BPF fob off letter!

Bittersweet response from the FO for me. They wont uphold my complaint (as I suspected), but they have forced Barclays to remove any charges from my account, any bad info from my credit rating and extended my interest free period until August apparently (which originally expired less than a month ago). Still not happy though. Seems though the adjudicator swallowed all of Barclays rubbish about the training provider being like for like. I will be responding to her to see if I can get her to uphold my complaint!

Edited by THE ROADIE

That isn't great news.

I wonder how the FOS will handle issues with people who have already paid their linked loans in full before the interest free period finished - we simply cannot be palmed off with extra time to pay dues.

I just checked my experian site.. barclays have marked me as non payment on my account.. and this even though I sent them a dispute letter.

I wonder how they sleep at night knowing that even though we are in the right.. they still play this game with THEIR customers.. because at the end of the day that is what we are.

And yet they think nothing of doing this.. I will be calling them to tell them once more my account is in dispute and to stop what they are doing

anyone on talktalk having problems getting onto the action site?

Hi gfunkasaur,

I couldn't access it for ages couple weeks or more when the virgin problem was sorted now I can get into it all ok I'm with sky though.

At that time I used a proxy server that allowed me into the website but I couldn't access the case updates.

Anyhow just google

external link removed there's hundreds of them try a few see if it helps.

Edited by IdaInFife
external link removed

had a phone call from barclays today,the woman on the phone was as usual asking for a payment,when i told her that i had written several letters to them asking for my account to be put into dispute she checked the details on the system and came back to me saying that there has been no complaints logged on my account scince march!

So they are clearly ignoring all letters sent to them including the one i sent recorded delivery and the complaint passed on from the F.O.!

I hope the legal team takes them to the cleaners i'm getting really annoyed now!

Ever since Barclays started calling a couple of times a week on my house phone, I've been saying "Sorry, I don't know anyone by that name!"

My husband picked up the phone on tuesday and said "We're not answering any questions until you answer ours!"

...we now get about 4 calls a day! ARGH!!!!

Hey all. Just had a phonecall from computeach but missed the call. They want me to call them to sort my course out as they want to get my training up and running as soon as possible. Anyone else had this call. Is it worth calling them as I still dont want to join them.

Hey all. Just had a phonecall from computeach but missed the call. They want me to call them to sort my course out as they want to get my training up and running as soon as possible. Anyone else had this call. Is it worth calling them as I still dont want to join them.

I emailed them and asked them to remove me from their data base.

After several hassle phones calls from them they did.

On another note - my brother in-law works with an ex student of Advent

who signed up with CT straight away, who had been convinced it was 'like for like'.Two weeks ago he got a bill for around £1,200,and was told his 2 year

agreement with advent was up.It is now in the hands of a solicitor.

who signed up with CT straight away, who had been convinced it was 'like for like'.Two weeks ago he got a bill for around £1,200,and was told his 2 year

Hi

That sounds terrible! do you think he would be willing to forward this info to our legal team as it may help him and us!?

This to me is obviously why CT wanted the Advent contract. They must have looked over the number of students who had been signed for over 2 years, weighed that up against the number that hadn't and decided they could make a load of money off these people that are beyond their 2 years. I wouldn't be suprised if BPF paid them nothing for the students still within the 2 years because of this. That's why BPF aren't doing anything to put this right - they were in on the whole thing from the start. Together they thought BPF didn't have to pay CT anything and CT would make a mint at the same time. Well I don't think they were expecting what's coming to them. Dodgy b**tards

Whoo, that certainly is a warning there - woe betide those who sign up with CT.:eek:

This to me is obviously why CT wanted the Advent contract. They must have looked over the number of students who had been signed for over 2 years, weighed that up against the number that hadn't and decided they could make a load of money off these people that are beyond their 2 years. I wouldn't be suprised if BPF paid them nothing for the students still within the 2 years because of this. That's why BPF aren't doing anything to put this right - they were in on the whole thing from the start. Together they thought BPF didn't have to pay CT anything and CT would make a mint at the same time. Well I don't think they were expecting what's coming to them. Dodgy b**tards

You could well be right there, Lankus. I always thought it odd Barclays were so adamant it had to be CT, despite offers from other reputable distance learning organisations that they dismissed out of hand.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks