Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm getting seriously worried over this guarantor issue

I signed up for the course but it was my fiance who signed for the loan.

Im sure the contract she signed specifically states advent on it doesnt the prove it was a loan for training?

As for the miss-selling point we cannot prove it but the guy who sold us the course kept saying it was study at your own pace and take as long as you want but I dont have anything written down.

As for the end date on the contract he said that was left blank because there wasnt one.

We are curruntly paying £200 a month that we just cannot afford.

If it the loan was just cancelled we would be happy. but a part of me says the way barclays has treated us that we should be entitled to a full refund.

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm raising a new complaint with the FOS for mis-selling as Advent were the agent for barclays who arranged the loan. We were supposed to have received a Guarantor loan, but signed a debtor loan. I have no idea what a guarantor loan looks like and took it on good faith that Advent had arranged the correct loan and that's what I was signing. He should also have stated that by signing the loan we would not be covered by the credit consumer act 1975, but he did not, otherwise I would not have signed the loan in case the provider went bankrupt.

In terms of the contract, my wife has no end date on the enrollment form (contract) and was told the same as you about the course being open ended. In clause 4 on the back of my wife's enrollment form, it states that end of the contract is either the date on the enrollment form (which is blank) or the date when the final exam is taken.

I'm going to send a copy of the enrollment form to CompuTeach as proof that it was open ended. If I can't get my money back from Barclay's, I'm certainly going to get my monies worth and my wife will take as long as needed to complete the course with no extra cost to myself.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately if you are unsecured creditor with Advent there is no chance you will money back.

The administrators have already stated that all assets that could be realised have been.

You mean all the pigs get to eat from the trough first

About template letter to MP. "Advent charge £4,950 average flat fee for 2 years". My contract with Advent was on £5950 plus % charges. So I have difference with Computeach in £2592.

:jaw:

Hi Guys,

I have not been here for about 2 months due to relocating and looking for place to live.

I will read backwards all the posts to catch up. But please did I miss anything urgent?

I also received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited, Precourt division. Big yellow envelope: Notice of Possible Litigation. HELP. Do I write them back or what? I am so stressed again.

PLEASE respond.

I need to check if Hausfeld has my papers, do I just call them?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have not been here for about 2 months due to relocating and looking for place to live.

I will read backwards all the posts to catch up. But please did I miss anything urgent?

I also received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited, Precourt division. Big yellow envelope: Notice of Possible Litigation. HELP. Do I write them back or what? I am so stressed again.

PLEASE respond.

I need to check if Hausfeld has my papers, do I just call them?

If it says 'Moorcroft Debt Recovery plc' - PRE-COURT DIVISION

This is actually illegal, as it is a mis-representation. It can be seen by some, that Moorcroft are in partnership with the courts. This is not the case. Don't feel intimidated, you must contact the oft.http://www.oft.gov.uk/ and report them.

If you do reply to Moorcroft, ask for a copy of the BPF contract and 'a deed of assignment' from them.They will not have this and they will be trying to obtain money by fraud. You can get a template letter from the hausfeld website regarding the deed of assignment.

Hi all,

quick read through the latest posts and I can see already im not the only one with the issue. Im in the same situation as some with regards to the guarentors. Now what was this about the wrong credit agreement being set up for us, can somebody shed abit more light on this for me please?

Secondly, what are we all doing about this. Are we raising a new complaint with the fos for mis-selling? or are we sitting tight and see if hausfeld can help us. I know fuzzbutt has been great throughout all of this but am getting abit miffed now on what is the next best thing for us.

If i accept computeach i can gaurentee that they will continue the training till the end date on my contract would have been complete with advent, then turn round and say that now you have to pay. sorry , no way, not getting into more mess. I have all the evidence i need, there prospectus, letters pushing me into signing, all that.

So just after advice on where to go. Thanks

Hey all. Hey Lowdown I sent that debt collection template letter a couple of weeks ago. They have sent me my letter back with a cover letter that says I need to sign my letter I sent them. Just wondering if it was safe to as I dont know how low this company will go, I didnt want them photocopying my signature. What do u reckon

Hey all. Hey Lowdown I sent that debt collection template letter a couple of weeks ago. They have sent me my letter back with a cover letter that says I need to sign my letter I sent them. Just wondering if it was safe to as I dont know how low this company will go, I didnt want them photocopying my signature. What do u reckon

Its a delaying tactic to avoid sending you something they do not have, and infact acting illegally.

They are just trying to be smart, but will come unstuck.

These DCA's like to get handy with Photoshop, so no dont sign in your normal way.

Edited by steven4064
link removed

Should i just send it back as it is, I had already printed my name on the letter. It says they need signature to confirm they are dealing with the right student. You would think they would know Im the right person as my account number is also on the letter. so if I sign joe bloggs does that mean they would leave me alone lol

Well I'e just recieved my FOS Adjudication and it is the same industry standard fob off that everyone else has.

What a joke, here to help the public? Hah they are there to help greedy bankers line their pin stripped trouser pockets.

Hi!

Haven't been on here for months as it all got a bit much for me!

I have just recevied my decision from the FOS and surprise surprise, they ruled in favour of Barclays!

My course with Advent started in Feb 2009 so the FOS have said I have until May 2011 to complete the course with Computeach as they have so kindly awarded me an extra 3 months time for the hassle! WWHHHHAAATTTT!!!!...other than the fact that we weren't held to 2year courses with Advent, it has take 10months to get here!!! How am I supposed to do my entire course in 7 months!?

I'm so gutted!!!

Hey Lowdown Should i just send it back as it is, I had already printed my name on the letter. It says they need signature
link3.gif
to confirm they are dealing with the right student. You would think they would know Im the right person as my account number is also on the letter. so if I sign joe bloggs does that mean they would leave me alone lol Should I just use a squiggle or put a cover letter in stating im not signing as they know who I am.

Hey Lowdown Should i just send it back as it is, I had already printed my name on the letter. It says they need signature
link3.gif
to confirm they are dealing with the right student. You would think they would know Im the right person as my account number is also on the letter. so if I sign joe bloggs does that mean they would leave me alone lol Should I just use a squiggle or put a cover letter in stating im not signing as they know who I am.

Just put a squiggle - thats all they do .In fact if you ever ring them up and ask for a particular name that they put on their letters.

You will be told that they have left.Its all a bull##t game really.

Did anyone hear from your MPs? Its almost 10days i sent a letter to my MP, had nothing so far! Surprising..it's been more than a month i haven't heard anything from BPF or Sanclare. Might be they are planning upto something in the back!!!

Hi guys just got my letter back from my MP, in which she states that once I send her written permission she will be writting to Barclays directly to find out what is going on. I included the letters from Hausfeld to Barclays and the response from their legal pepople. Will keep you posted once I get my next letter.

Hi!

Haven't been on here for months as it all got a bit much for me!

I have just recevied my decision from the FOS and surprise surprise, they ruled in favour of Barclays!

My course with Advent started in Feb 2009 so the FOS have said I have until May 2011 to complete the course with Computeach as they have so kindly awarded me an extra 3 months time for the hassle! WWHHHHAAATTTT!!!!...other than the fact that we weren't held to 2year courses with Advent, it has take 10months to get here!!! How am I supposed to do my entire course in 7 months!?

I'm so gutted!!!

I think that's the situation for many of us, Pigwig. I have 2 and half months of my contract left now to finish the course (even should I wish to take up with CT) due to the 10 month delay in waiting on FOS and Barclays/CT dithering about before confirming they will offer 'bespoke courses.' The only people who will benefit will be those close to finishing anyway, and I know many have reluctantly gone over to CT as they thought (as they were so close to final exams) they might as well cut their losses and go for it - those and some of the guarantors situation people, now they realise S75 isn't going to cover them as we'd first assumed.

The rest of us have lost 10 months so hardly fair.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks