Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd go with that raj. Havent had a call since friday so must be bank holiday related. Either that, Barclays have realised what a s""tstorm they have unleashed but, as this Barclays they usually dont care about such things. must be bank holiday thats stopped the calls.

I got another letter the other day with the same bull saying "we are still investigating your complaint and you should still keep up your payments" so I phoned them and got put through to the girl who signed my letter! (apparently)

She told me that it does not matter if the account is in dispute and it also doesnt matter if i complained on a per call basis as these would just get added to the original complaint. I explained to her that she didn't know what she was talking about and explained how many different laws and legal acts they were breaching but she didnt give a monkey's. She said the calls would continue until they get their money. My response was a big "whatever".

Fuzzbutt. you rock. :D

Is there anyway to check whether Hausfeld got my docs? Its the one envelope I forgot to send recorded. :eek:

I'd go with that raj. Havent had a call since friday so must be bank holidaylink3.gif related. Either that, Barclayslink3.gif have realised what a s""tstorm they have unleashed but, as this Barclays they usually dont care about such things. must be bank holiday thats stopped the calls.

Hmmmmm.........doubt it, they're up to something.

David

it also doesnt matter if i complained on a per call basis as these would just get added to the original complaint.

At BPF they might...

Not at governing bodies they dont..

They are dealt with on an individual basis..:grin::grin:

They really do come across as "Giant Killers". Swiss banks, oil giants... Here's hoping we get some justice too! I think I'd actually quite like this to go to court, much as I'd like it sorted as quickly as possible. The negative publicity would be huge for BPF.

Me too. Ball is in their court now. I'm planning on putting together a short article to send to papers like the Daily Mirror, who have featured this, once it's all over, and various internet news stations so they won't be able to just slink away and brush this under the carpet.:mad:

I

Fuzzbutt. you rock. :D

Is there anyway to check whether Hausfeld got my docs? Its the one envelope I forgot to send recorded. :eek:

I'd ring the London office general number, the receptionist will probably be able to tell you I'd have thought.

Did anyone see that show "Don't Get Done Get Dom" this morning by any chance? He took on RED the driving instructer fast track people, where many of the folks enrolled got shafted in some way or the other- I only mention it because a few months back, in researching complaints about CT and Advent, RED also came up as a leading offender in the same vain, i.e. Mis-selling, Not Providing a service etc...

Another avenue to progress down perhaps, purely for the horrible publicity it could have for BPF....

Get Lucky!

Me too. Ball is in their court now. I'm planning on putting together a short article to send to papers like the Daily Mirror, who have featured this, once it's all over, and various internet news stations so they won't be able to just slink away and brush this under the carpet.:evil:

If it settles out of court which it may well do, Barclays will almost certainly try to impose a confidentiality clause.

Thing with class actions is however.......they may as well stick their finger in the dyke, there are just too many people in the know.

David

I have only just sent my things off to the FO. I have also sending my things off to the hausfeld & co.

Can anyone bring me upto speed with whats been going on? so much to read and its all confusing :confused:

Fuzzbutt...

Firstly, thank you SO much, you're an absolute angel!

Also, do you know how long they have to respond? Like BPF have 8 weeks to respond to our letters etc, do you know if it's the same with this?

Thanks again

Just to keep everyone in the picture, Barclayslink3.gif legal team will be receiving their letter before actionlink3.gif from the lawyers on 2nd June. It will be up on the adventstudents website then for all to see. This is basically the case against them which they must answer. This is the invitation for them to sit down with the law team and come to an out of court settlement. If they refuse, or won't reach a fair agreement, then it will escalate to a court action.

David

Ok guys i need some help, I hadn't managed to send out any documents to BPF not even a complaint letter and ignored any calls i was getting from them, due to amounts of stress etc, due to this they had forwarded my debt to Mercers debt collections who have now stated through the post that they are coming tomorrow, what do i do? is it too late to send through documents to hausfield etc.. who should i contact, what do i need to send? im totally at a loss of what to do please help!

had no calls..might be they are enjoying the bank holiday wkend bluedo!!

Raj4u

Don't think they take the holidays, the last bank holiday a few weeks ago they never stopped harassing us. I think they've been told to back off as we've entered a new ball game now, but too late they can't take back what they've done up till now. If I get the chance I will add the placing my family in a state of worry and upset to the claim for damages :D

Ok guys i need some help, I hadn't managed to send out any documents to BPF not even a complaint letter and ignored any calls i was getting from them, due to amounts of stress etc, due to this they had forwarded my debt to Mercers debt collections who have now stated through the post that they are coming tomorrow, what do i do? is it too late to send through documents to hausfield etc.. who should i contact, what do i need to send? im totally at a loss of what to do please help!

Hi Rob,

Don't worry! IF they did send anyone remember they have no more power than the postman. You just shut the door in their face tell them to deal in writing. Never ever let them in.

Let us know how you get on I don't think anyone will turn up now

Edited by the_shadow
Removal of instructions to contact offsite and email address

Hi Rob,

Don't worry! IF they did send anyone remember they have no more power than the postman. You just shut the door in their face tell them to deal in writing. Never ever let them in.

Let us know how you get on I don't think anyone will turn up now

So even though it seems the debt has been passed from Barclays to these new debt collection people I can still apply for the group action against BPF? If so what are the exact documents i need to send out to Hausfield other than two forms on the site, or are they the only things i need to send?

BTW thanks for a speedy response!

Edited by the_shadow
Removal of quoted text from previous message

So even though it seems the debt has been passed from Barclays to these new debt collection people I can still apply for the group action against BPF? If so what are the exact documents i need to send out to Hausfield other than two forms on the site, or are they the only things i need to send?

Rob,

The debt hasn't went anywhere Mercers are Barclay's in house debt collectors I got calls from Mercers number yet they denied it when I spoke to them.

They're just trying to threaten you don't worry about them.

The instructions will be on the action site you will also need to send your BPF and Advent contracts plus the forms

Rob - MERCERS are only a collection dept for Barclays, they are in house.

They are nothing more than that.They like to intimidate.

They can not enter your house.They have no powers.

They can ask you for payment - you tell them to sod off.

If they will not go, you can call the police, and they can arrest them for various offences.The only people who can enter your house [if you let them] are county court baliffs, so if Barclays have not taken you to court, their is nothing they can do.[ other than sell the debt outside]

One other thing - they should really arrange a agreed time and date with you if they were comming to your property.

Personally i would just leave them standing outside in the rain.

Put your account in dispute today!

What are these idiots MERCERS going to do? Beat you up on your doorstep.....

I dont think so.......

Rob,

The instructions will be on the action site you will also need to send your BPF and Advent contracts plus the forms

In sendin out the contracts should i make copies first? or will Hausfield send them back afterwards.

Also thanks for letting me know about Mercers, I thought barclays had sold it on to a new company and I'd lost rights to settling this crazyness, im printing off the two forms for hausfield and a dispute letter for BPF right now!

Raj4u

Don't think they take the holidays, the last bank holiday a few weeks ago they never stopped harassing us. I think they've been told to back off as we've entered a new ball game now, but too late they can't take back what they've done up till now. If I get the chance I will add the placing my family in a state of worry and upset to the claim for damages :D

ur 100% right bluedo! they even won't spare us on sundays..now i doubt they are upto somethng. I hope they aint going to send mercers notice to all of us:???:.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks