Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The letter has been uploaded to pmae.co.uk and link has been placed on the main page. Help yourselves!

EDIT: considering present situation llink has been removed - Please contact Fuzzbutt if you're lacking patience ;P

Thanks! Phew! My fault...I want everyone to be up to speed and informed. But until the site is running properly again everyone will just have to be patient and know that Fuzz is on the case.

Well done Fuzz!!! i wonder if they will send Hausfeld the fob off letter LOL! I especially liked the part asking for the documentation relating to their stringent criteria for choosing computeach. I nearly fell off my chair the sad fact is they will probably make something up now :(.

Hi Teo

Please could you pop step by step instructions up on how to do this?

Thanks very much.:)

Apparently the problem is between Virgin and Webs.com who host the site. The Webs.con server is being somehow blocked by Virgin, hence some people can still see it but Virgin and Skype customers who use them as their ISP won't. I've contacted both parties - all the Webs customers are having the same problem with their sites and contacting Virgin so hopefully should be fixed soon.

I`m bit late coz i was sleeping and in work after that (nightshift) and i couldn`t answer, sorry. Problem is resolved now so i seen this letter. Wonderful job. Thank You Fuzz. We all appreciate that.

Anyway if You want to surf anonymously just use this link ***********. Server is located in Unated States so for target website it will look like somebody from there is a guest at the minut. That's just an example. There is lots of websites like this one. All instructions You will find there, it's realy easy.

Edited by the_shadow
Removal of commercial weblink

@fuzzbutt. Is there any way of checking whether Hausfeld got my docs or not? I forgot to send them recorded so i cant keep track of them. Doh!

Keep up the good work. :D

Did you get any luck out of this? Thinking about it I don't recall sending my docs recorded either, so I'm thinking I should check also.

I`m bit late coz i was sleeping and in work after that (nightshift) and i couldn`t answer, sorry. Problem is resolved now so i seen this letter. Wonderful job. Thank You Fuzz. We all appreciate that.

Anyway if You want to surf anonymously just use this link **************. Server is located in Unated States so for target website it will look like somebody from there is a guest at the minut. That's just an example. There is lots of websites like this one. All instructions You will find there, it's realy easy.

That's handy to know, thanks.

Wonder how Barclays reacted when the letter was served on them! Hehe heh.....:D

Edited by the_shadow
Removal of quoted link

I had lost touch with this Group. I now realise that is because we are Virgin Media customers:mad: but I don't really understand how that caused it to be blocked.

Anyway, just a quick update on where we are at with PP+. It's a very similar situation with BPF trying to pass the trainees on to another trainer rather than refund. The credit card "supplier", HSBC, is likewise being difficult and refusing to accept chargebacks from trainees' credit card operators.

I have written an open letter to Barclays and HSBC setting out all the grounds (mostly misrepresentation) for them to cancel agreements and make refunds. This is being copied to the credit card operators, newspapers, TV, regulatory bodies, etc.

I would be interested in having contact with Hausfeld. There are many points in common here and better to have someone who has already been there!

Did you get any luck out of this? Thinking about it I don't recall sending my docs recorded either, so I'm thinking I should check also.

Yeah Savarok, I got through to them and they have indeed received my docs...phew...

Again, Thanks Fuzz.

Got another letter today from bpf, almost exactly the same as the last one they sent.

"Thank you for your recent communication. I understand you are concerned with the inability of Advent Consulting Ltd to provide your training going forward...blah..blah....computeach are great.....blah..blah...they met our STRINGENT SELECTION CRITERIA...blah..blah...still no mention of account being in Dispute...blah...blah...Oh and....

(my favourite bit).....

"Further, we do not consider that section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 operates to make the agreement invalid in anyway and accordingly your obligations under the loan agreement continue." :eek::lol:

Is there a different section 75 written in invisible ink that i dont know about? The one I've read operates exactly for that reason, no?

Well...after Barclays took the DD payment without aurthorization from me, they refunded it! Awesome!

Now today I have had a call from BPF debt collection saying I'm in arrears! NO S***!!!! And you are in breech of contract!

Bloody idiots! She said 'the calls will continue until your debt is payed.'

So I said 'I will continue to hang up on you until your debt to me is payed!'

She then asked if I could confirm my contact phone numbers....YOU JUST CALLED ME! CLEARLY THATS CONFIRMATION IN ITSELF!!!

Such willies!!! Won't be long now till we all meet up for a cyber beer of celebration! :)

Got a letter from FOS yesterday stating as i settled 1 year interest free loan with BPF by debit card section 75 does not apply so they dont think they can follow up my complaint so somethin to think about for people who have yet to settle section 75 only applies to credit cards!!

Also the whole study in your own time makes sense as if you think u hav all the time in the world your likely to put studying on the back burner now and again and eventually lose interest especially when the mock exams are such a ball ache! makes it quite obvious to me that this was a well thought through [problem] all along!!

FOS have surely missed the point. You paying off the loan with a debit card (or any other way) is not relevant.

You have a claim against BPF (either for breach of contract and/or misrepresentation) and they should pay you.

Afternoon amigos. I'm new to this forum but I'm also having problems with Barclays or some finance company, don't know to be honest. I've receive calls from them on a daily basis asking me for money which I don't have because of them. My wife ( women, hah:) was naive the other day and paid £52.00. I've sent them several letters and all I've got from them was a generic response and asking for money. I need help amigos. I don't know what to do. They are threatening me and my family every day. I've seen guys, you are in touch with some company regarding this issue, so please if someone has time to advise me and help me. Thank you in advance.

Got a call from the 0151 number again today so that'll be it starting again They are ignoring the letter more fool them

Hi bluedo i got a call from the 0151 number today also,first time they've used this number with me!

what happens now ?ignore it as usual?

Hi bluedo i got a call from the 0151 number today also,first time they've used this number with me!

when they call.. dont verify yourself.. then what ever they say.. is breaking the data protection act because you could be anyone answering the phone.

I also terminated my phone contract with my mobile company.. they cant call me.. I control the horizontal.. vertical :D

Afternoon amigos. I'm new to this forum but I'm also having problems with Barclays or some finance company, don't know to be honest. I've receive calls from them on a daily basis asking me for money which I don't have because of them. My wife ( women, hah:) was naive the other day and paid £52.00. I've sent them several letters and all I've got from them was a generic response and asking for money. I need help amigos. I don't know what to do. They are threatening me and my family every day. I've seen guys, you are in touch with some company regarding this issue, so please if someone has time to advise me and help me. Thank you in advance.

Hi Fossil,

There's a class action lawsuit arranged against Barclay's Partner Finance with Hausfeld llp, if you're interested in joining contact email removed leave your real name your email address and you will be sent a link to an action website where further instructions in what you need to do are. probably also you will need to send a letter of complaint to BPF if you haven't already all communications send recorded delivery. welcome aboard

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

Hi lewis,

I can't believe the arrogance of them I was spitting tacks the day they will have been instructed to resume harassment in spite of the letter from Hausfeld so my plan is to record the calls now,and add to my other list, times and if I answer only to ask their name and tell them to F**k Off!!Politely of course ;)

I had lost touch with this Group. I now realise that is because we are Virgin Media customers:mad: but I don't really understand how that caused it to be blocked.

Anyway, just a quick update on where we are at with PP+. It's a very similar situation with BPF trying to pass the trainees on to another trainer rather than refund. The credit card "supplier", HSBC, is likewise being difficult and refusing to accept chargebacks from trainees' credit card operators.

I have written an open letter to Barclays and HSBC setting out all the grounds (mostly misrepresentation) for them to cancel agreements and make refunds. This is being copied to the credit card operators, newspapers, TV, regulatory bodies, etc.

I would be interested in having contact with Hausfeld. There are many points in common here and better to have someone who has already been there!

Joseph,

If you google Hausfeld and get the London office contact numbers give them a ring and let us know how you get on it's a bloody scandal what they're doing to so many.

Hi all,

With regards to the phone calls we are recieving if you go to the National Debtline home page, click on the fact sheet link and in the drop down list click on the harassment fact sheet. It has some really useful advice.

Hope this helps!!

Jbaggy

I had another call from BPF this evening, I explained once again to the lady that I was disputing my account; at this point she put me on hold for about 5-10 min. When she returned she apologised for calling me whilst the account was in dispute, told me she would freeze the account for two weeks whilst I collected the information I needed and requested any paperwork from them, then assured me there would be no more calls during this 2 week period. Seems like Barclays may actually be taking this letter seriously now. Although weather there is any truth to her remarks are yet to be seen, but my calls ARE recorded so I can’t wait for someone else to ring and contradict her.

They only got the letter yesterday!

Whoever the 'big daddy' is that read it won't have informed the minimum wage harrasment team yet, they'll take a couple of days to think about it and what to do next!

man it took like 3 weeks for them to recognise that I'd sent my dispute letter and thats just little old me! Imagine getting a letter that concerns 100s-1000s of contracts!

They'll be seaking their own legal advice before putting anything on the accounts unfortunately!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks