Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No fee? My god, woman, why isn't your application done yet? :razz:

Ha ha! Don't give me chance to catch my breath will ya?!! :D

I'll have to wait a couple days for a new letter in evidence for my fee remission anyway. That's cool though, I like having time to make sure I well and truly truss them up ;)

well done wannabe

:D

so pleased everthing went well for you:D

you had a good case and from what i saw was very well prepared and deserved the outcome:)

you now know what to expect and it seems the judge was fair too

you deserve all the luck (no not luck, results) for all the help you provide other

well done

essexboy

well done wannabe

you had a good case and from what i saw was very well prepared and deserved the outcome:)

you deserve all the luck (no not luck, results) for all the help you provide other

well done

essexboy

Aww thanks :oops:

It's not over yet, but at least it's not lost!

Yes the judge was very fair, she didn't take any of the other side's sh*t and stood firm when he questioned her judgement. She listened when I had something to say, addressed the points that were valid and was very considerate towards me :)

I hope we get her next time ;)

The only thing I'd do differently is make it clear that I had received lots of advice and done lots of research. She asked me if I'd received any legal advice and I said no, because it's true! I just wished I'd followed it up with, but I have...

I hope I didn't come across as not knowing what I was doing!!

At least I get a second go to prove myself :)

Has she had him yet?? The suspense is killing me! :D

She most certainly did the new addition arrived at 3.22pm weighing 8lb 13 :D and yes I have been to the hossie for a cuddle which is why I havent been here swotting and why I didnt call the court :rolleyes:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

One summary judgement coming up! He reckons he's going to apply for summary judgement too, so I suppose it's something of a race?!!

Do you think I should wait for the allocation notice to come through or just get straight on with it??

get on with it your fee remission letter will take a few days anyway ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

well done wannabe

well done

essexboy

well said essexboy :)

Ah that's brilliant news! Congratulations aunty Beyond!! :D

Thank you :D

You know, I'm seriously thinking of doing a law degree. I don't know if it's wrong but I'm really enjoying myself and I'll be sorry when it's all over :confused:

Its not wrong what could be more enjoyable than standing up for your rights! And what could be better than standing up for someone else's and get paid for it :D

I also considered this because I LOVED Law on my business degree but ive already signed up for another with open university in October so will have to wait until next time :lol:

You know, I'm seriously thinking of doing a law degree. I don't know if it's wrong but I'm really enjoying myself and I'll be sorry when it's all over :confused:

when its all over

it will be an anti climax

its quite a let down realy

Do you know for certain they still have the car - or have they sold it at auction?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Do you know for certain they still have the car - or have they sold it at auction?

I don't know for certain anything about the car's whereabouts :(

I know that I haven't heard from the dvla to say somebody else has tried to register the V5 in their name and on 9th March I had a letter from Lewis asking for the same amount they were asking before the repo.

They haven't mentioned anything at all about having sold the car.

Edited by wannabedebtfreesoon
typo

I'm devastated too cos it's gone down from £35 a year to £30 :mad:

Damn you welscum! Give me my car back!!!

I've got a bit clearer idea today of what's gone on: My claim was mistakenly issued as a return of goods claim by the court instead of a consumer credit act claim.

If it had been issued correctly there never would've been a hearing in the first place! The claim form would've been served in the usual way giving them 14 days to respond. Welscum would've had the opportunity to not return the acknowledgement of service and then, consequently, lose by default, therefore allowing them to totally avoid admitting liability.

But because it was a return of goods claim it's automatically issued with a fixed date notice.

So the question then was: "What can Welscum do with this claim to avoid having to admit liability??"

Answer: "File a cr*ppy defence and then get the case chucked out based on the fact it was a return of goods claim." ;)

Very good reasoning Welscum, I'm feeling generous so I'll give you half a point for effort!

Only half a point tho, cos if you'd actually paid attention to the claim you would've seen that nowhere was it mentioned that this was a return of goods claim, so it was quite clearly an error on behalf of the court and not me!!

So it all falls into place now, (having had a sleep :))! That's why they had a cr*ppy defence, that's why their cr*ppy solicitor tried to get the case chucked out yesterday, that's why he was so fuming at not succeeding in getting it chucked out, that's why he nearly blew a gasket when the judge allocated it to fast track trial!!!

You thought it was all going to be so simple, didn't you?? :D

It seems that Welcome are finally going to get what's coming to them :p

A simple slip up by the court has now left them wide open to having their illegal practices scrutinised in open court! This is definitely not good for them ;)

I feel the making of some new case law coming on :p:)

Last resort time now- "what's left to do in order to avoid court and further avoid having to admit liability??"

Answer: "Out of court settlement"

But how does the claimant feel about this??

Not good :mad: This has never been about the money, it's always been about the principle. I wonder if that's why the universe gave me this opportunity to make them accountable?? ;)

The **** are cheque book poised, pen in hand ready to buy their way out of trouble just before the trial starts.

But what if I apply for summary judgement without a hearing based on the fact that they broke the law and then admitted it in their defence?? :eek:

I'm glad it's worked out this way, I'm not interested in the money I only want them strung up!!!! :mad:

Welscum must die!!! :mad:

you should if thats what you want

you have been really helpful and informative to me

essexboy

I got my car tax reminder this morning for the car they repo'd in January! Any ideas on what I should do??

It's obviously still registered to me, I'm loathed to tell them I don't have it any more just in case I can still get it back :(

Id be inclined to SORN it if its still not sold, we rang the day they took the car to say to dvla its not in our possession its been recovered by finance company etc and they said leave it as it is so we did if i DARE get a speeding ticket or anything else i will go insane as we were outright told that the car was going to storage - yea right :rolleyes:

We sorned ours from 1st April, they took it 11th March we have heard nothing from welcome or anyone else regarding the car or the account all we have had is crappy responses from notts

you should if thats what you want

you have been really helpful and informative to me

essexboy

I totally agree x